Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 08-08-2018   #361
SupremeTarantulas

Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

He sounded a bot hammy in his reveal then just started being bland.

No Spidey rogue really works for Paton except maybe Hydro-Man..

Oh and yeah the other girl versions were so far from the comics or inspired by them.

Besides Sandgirl who I actually liked because of the twist.

My most hayed villain was Shocker.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018   #362
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPokeFan View Post
Nolan North was quite good as Silvermane but I canít say the same for Patton Oswalt as Chameleon. Just a straight up miscast as he overacts a lot and the voice isnít very distinct from a certain uncle character he also plays.
Yeah, I can appreciate it for being an out-of-the-box casting but I don't think it really fit as Chameleon, especially since it sounds so much like his Uncle Ben voice.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018   #363
TheDayman

Beetle will appear in the next episode. I think thatís Fred Tatasciore?
TheDayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018   #364
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDayman View Post
Beetle will appear in the next episode. I think that’s Fred Tatasciore?
It is Fred, Beetle made a cameo in the show before and Fred was credited to voice him. Marvel really needs to stop overcasting him

Last edited by Abdullab; 08-10-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018   #365
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
It is Fred, Beetle made a cameo in the show before and Fred was credited to voice him. Marvel really needs to stop overcasting him
Hulk, Volstagg, Crossbones, Max Modell, Beetle...he's sure gone through quite a few Marvel characters.
Old 08-13-2018   #366
Abdullab
Banned

Beetle like most of Fred's overcasted marvel roles these days I find him very lazy.

Also Robbie daymond is going to be added to the superior Spider-Man compare just a shame it had to be menville's Ock guiding him. Can't believed we moved from Tom Kenny to this
Old 08-13-2018   #367
Abdullab
Banned

Also need to go on a small rant but how is it for almost 2 whole seasons we never see capt Stacy like I never even heard a Menton. Is he dead, is he alive but Gwen has a bad relationship with him that's why she loves her uncle Warren more, is he simply a private cop which is why Yuri is the cop Spider-Man on the show. Tell me!!!
Old 08-13-2018   #368
Frontier

Quote:
Beetle like most of Fred's overcasted marvel roles these days I find him very lazy.

Also Robbie daymond is going to be added to the superior Spider-Man compare just a shame it had to be menville's Ock guiding him. Can't believed we moved from Tom Kenny to this
I actually like Menville's Ock. I think he does a surprisingly good job of capturing Otto's personality and character despite the show having to force him into being a teenager.

I am really looking forward to Robbie as the Superior Spider-Man though. I think that's where this status quo is really going to shine.

We might be in for the the second coming of Goro Akechi.
Quote:
Also need to go on a small rant but how is it for almost 2 whole seasons we never see capt Stacy like I never even heard a Menton. Is he dead, is he alive but Gwen has a bad relationship with him that's why she loves her uncle Warren more, is he simply a private cop which is why Yuri is the cop Spider-Man on the show. Tell me!!!
During the Venom two-parter, when Venom comes after her, she mentions that her dad is a cop and works the "graveyard shift," so he's around.

I'm not sure if he's still a captain though, especially if Yuri is a Chief and basically fulfills the exact same role he does.

On another note, I find it amusing that Peter was the only character who pronounced Watanabe's name right (which figures, since Robbie has experience with Japanese names).
Old 08-14-2018   #369
Abdullab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I actually like Menville's Ock. I think he does a surprisingly good job of capturing Otto's personality and character despite the show having to force him into being a teenager.

I am really looking forward to Robbie as the Superior Spider-Man though. I think that's where this status quo is really going to shine.

We might be in for the the second coming of Goro Akechi.

During the Venom two-parter, when Venom comes after her, she mentions that her dad is a cop and works the "graveyard shift," so he's around.

I'm not sure if he's still a captain though, especially if Yuri is a Chief and basically fulfills the exact same role he does.

On another note, I find it amusing that Peter was the only character who pronounced Watanabe's name right (which figures, since Robbie has experience with Japanese names).
To be fair I don`t hate Menville moreso the depiction but he works well for his version.

Honestly as for Yuri being the main cop on the show it`s not for a spider-man PS4 tie in I can tell you that since Robbie has stated both show and game were not aware of each other.

Last edited by Abdullab; 08-14-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-14-2018   #370
SupremeTarantulas

Yeah Scott does pretty well as Doc Ock, especially as The Human Brain. The twist was actually pretty good, but...

I hope Scott gets a chance to use his Doctor Light for Doc Ock.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote