Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018   #361
SupremeTarantulas
Senior Member
 
SupremeTarantulas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 2,106
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

He sounded a bot hammy in his reveal then just started being bland.

No Spidey rogue really works for Paton except maybe Hydro-Man..

Oh and yeah the other girl versions were so far from the comics or inspired by them.

Besides Sandgirl who I actually liked because of the twist.

My most hayed villain was Shocker.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018   #362
Frontier
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 394
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPokeFan View Post
Nolan North was quite good as Silvermane but I canít say the same for Patton Oswalt as Chameleon. Just a straight up miscast as he overacts a lot and the voice isnít very distinct from a certain uncle character he also plays.
Yeah, I can appreciate it for being an out-of-the-box casting but I don't think it really fit as Chameleon, especially since it sounds so much like his Uncle Ben voice.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018   #363
TheDayman
Member
 
TheDayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 504
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Beetle will appear in the next episode. I think thatís Fred Tatasciore?
TheDayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018   #364
Abdullab
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Age: 22
Posts: 712
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDayman View Post
Beetle will appear in the next episode. I think that’s Fred Tatasciore?
It is Fred, Beetle made a cameo in the show before and Fred was credited to voice him. Marvel really needs to stop overcasting him

Last edited by Abdullab; 08-10-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018   #365
Frontier
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 394
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
It is Fred, Beetle made a cameo in the show before and Fred was credited to voice him. Marvel really needs to stop overcasting him
Hulk, Volstagg, Crossbones, Max Modell, Beetle...he's sure gone through quite a few Marvel characters.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018   #366
Abdullab
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Age: 22
Posts: 712
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Beetle like most of Fred's overcasted marvel roles these days I find him very lazy.

Also Robbie daymond is going to be added to the superior Spider-Man compare just a shame it had to be menville's Ock guiding him. Can't believed we moved from Tom Kenny to this
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018   #367
Abdullab
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Age: 22
Posts: 712
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Also need to go on a small rant but how is it for almost 2 whole seasons we never see capt Stacy like I never even heard a Menton. Is he dead, is he alive but Gwen has a bad relationship with him that's why she loves her uncle Warren more, is he simply a private cop which is why Yuri is the cop Spider-Man on the show. Tell me!!!
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018   #368
Frontier
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 394
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
Beetle like most of Fred's overcasted marvel roles these days I find him very lazy.

Also Robbie daymond is going to be added to the superior Spider-Man compare just a shame it had to be menville's Ock guiding him. Can't believed we moved from Tom Kenny to this
I actually like Menville's Ock. I think he does a surprisingly good job of capturing Otto's personality and character despite the show having to force him into being a teenager.

I am really looking forward to Robbie as the Superior Spider-Man though. I think that's where this status quo is really going to shine.

We might be in for the the second coming of Goro Akechi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
Also need to go on a small rant but how is it for almost 2 whole seasons we never see capt Stacy like I never even heard a Menton. Is he dead, is he alive but Gwen has a bad relationship with him that's why she loves her uncle Warren more, is he simply a private cop which is why Yuri is the cop Spider-Man on the show. Tell me!!!
During the Venom two-parter, when Venom comes after her, she mentions that her dad is a cop and works the "graveyard shift," so he's around.

I'm not sure if he's still a captain though, especially if Yuri is a Chief and basically fulfills the exact same role he does.

On another note, I find it amusing that Peter was the only character who pronounced Watanabe's name right (which figures, since Robbie has experience with Japanese names).
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018   #369
Abdullab
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Age: 22
Posts: 712
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I actually like Menville's Ock. I think he does a surprisingly good job of capturing Otto's personality and character despite the show having to force him into being a teenager.

I am really looking forward to Robbie as the Superior Spider-Man though. I think that's where this status quo is really going to shine.

We might be in for the the second coming of Goro Akechi.

During the Venom two-parter, when Venom comes after her, she mentions that her dad is a cop and works the "graveyard shift," so he's around.

I'm not sure if he's still a captain though, especially if Yuri is a Chief and basically fulfills the exact same role he does.

On another note, I find it amusing that Peter was the only character who pronounced Watanabe's name right (which figures, since Robbie has experience with Japanese names).
To be fair I don`t hate Menville moreso the depiction but he works well for his version.

Honestly as for Yuri being the main cop on the show it`s not for a spider-man PS4 tie in I can tell you that since Robbie has stated both show and game were not aware of each other.

Last edited by Abdullab; 08-14-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018   #370
SupremeTarantulas
Senior Member
 
SupremeTarantulas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 2,106
Default Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Yeah Scott does pretty well as Doc Ock, especially as The Human Brain. The twist was actually pretty good, but...

I hope Scott gets a chance to use his Doctor Light for Doc Ock.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.