Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2021   #1
Frontier
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 429
Default Tales of Arise

The first English Dub trailer for Tales of Arise, the latest Tales game, was just released.

The leads sound like Ray Chase and Erica Lindbeck, but I don't think they'd reuse them after having them voice main characters in Berseria.

Narrator is definitely Patrick Seitz.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021   #2
SNaG
Junior Contributor
 
SNaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kamurocho
Posts: 1,498
Default Re: Tales of Arise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

The leads sound like Ray Chase and Erica Lindbeck, but I don't think they'd reuse them after having them voice main characters in Berseria.
Well that hasn't really stopped them before, so why now?

Looking forward to this one. Berseria was one of the best Tales games since Graces, so hope this continues this trend. VO sounds good in this trailer so I hope that's true for the game.
__________________


Penguin Strike. Don't ever underestimate the penguins. :p
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021   #3
Frontier
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 429
Default Re: Tales of Arise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Well that hasn't really stopped them before, so why now?

Looking forward to this one. Berseria was one of the best Tales games since Graces, so hope this continues this trend. VO sounds good in this trailer so I hope that's true for the game.
I feel like I read an interview with Wendee Lee where she talked about shopping around conventions for new VA's for Tales games so they didn't have to reuse any voices, which is how some Texas VA's end up in the games.

I think Yuri Lowenthal was told he couldn't audition for Yuri Lowell in Vesperia because he'd already been the lead in Abyss. I guess sometimes concessions are made for VA's who just voiced supporting roles/party members or antagonists, or were just in spinoffs or anime's. Or sometimes one VA can just end up fitting in several different roles in the same franchise.

I severely underestimated how much Johnny has been in Tales. And bringing up Dawn of the New World where Laura Bailey has also played three other Tales characters (that I can remember).
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021   #4
SNaG
Junior Contributor
 
SNaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kamurocho
Posts: 1,498
Default Re: Tales of Arise

Haha yeah. I guess the policy that prevented Yuri^2 is reserved for leads. Wendee is typically good about injecting atypical talent in the Tales games. Ian Sinclair and J Michael Tatum, for instance, turned in good performances in Zestiria/Berseria and Xillia 2 and made those dubs feel a bit more distinct. So here's hoping!
__________________


Penguin Strike. Don't ever underestimate the penguins. :p
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021   #5
pamira
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Default Re: Tales of Arise

I was watching the trailer and this new delivery of the game looks very promising. I hope these new dubbing actors do a good job as well as those of previous versions. Regards!
pamira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021   #6
BlueHeracross
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 248
Default Re: Tales of Arise

I like Ray and Erica a lot, but it'd be disappointing for me if these are the final picks for the main characters. It's been four years, there's plenty of voice actors who haven't been in a Tales game to choose from.
BlueHeracross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021   #7
Frontier
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 429
Default Re: Tales of Arise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeracross View Post
I like Ray and Erica a lot, but it'd be disappointing for me if these are the final picks for the main characters. It's been four years, there's plenty of voice actors who haven't been in a Tales game to choose from.
I was just thinking to myself that I'm kind of amazed Cherami Leigh and Laura Post have never been in a Tales game (as far as I can recall).

But, yeah, I feel like Ray and Erica are really reliable picks for the leads to carry the game but I feel like there's also enough available VA's in the talent pool who haven't been in a Tales game who they could've used.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021   #8
BlueHeracross
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 248
Default Re: Tales of Arise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ul6DMPIfTA

New trailer, game looks like it could be good.

I'm still thinking it's Ray and Erica as the leads and then Christine and Bryce as the new party members. Gotta echo my disappointment from last month about the lack of 'newness' in the casting, but at least everyone is in capable hands.
BlueHeracross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021   #9
Frontier
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 429
Default Re: Tales of Arise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeracross View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ul6DMPIfTA

New trailer, game looks like it could be good.

I'm still thinking it's Ray and Erica as the leads and then Christine and Bryce as the new party members. Gotta echo my disappointment from last month about the lack of 'newness' in the casting, but at least everyone is in capable hands.
I just find it hilarious they brought Bryce back. Next you'll be telling me the last two Party Members are Robbie Daymond and Cristina Vee.

(Also on the Japanese side, it took them this long to get Yoshitsugu Matsuoka in a Tales game?).
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.