Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training

Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training A place for aspiring voice over talents to exchange tips and ideas, share stories, post demo and recording samples, and other training sources.

Old 01-23-2014   #1
TravisRoberts

Default Travis Roberts Voice Demos

Hello folks. Here's 4 demos I've recently recorded. I'd love some constructive criticism!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/564983?updated=1

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/564510?updated=1

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/564334

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/564305

Last edited by TravisRoberts; 01-28-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Adding another demo link.
TravisRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #2
ModernAnthem

Default Re: Travis Roberts Voice Demos

Figured the least I could do was return the favor!

You have a very smooth voice and your pronunciation is great! I'm not sure what it was you were narrating but it was very interesting!

However, it sounded like there was a slight echo/reverb effect on your vocals. It wasn't enough to bring down the quality of your recordings though, just a faint echo. (It might have been my headphones.)

You're sounding great though man, keep up the great work!
ModernAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #3
TravisRoberts

Default Re: Travis Roberts Voice Demos

Thanks man I appreciate it!

Yeah the echo was added in attempt to hide the background noise. I don't have sound proofing. My mic is incredibly sensitive and picks up tons of different background noise (cars passing, dogs barking, ect..) Kind of a janky way to do it, but yeah haha.

Anyhow, thanks man! Let me know if you post more!
TravisRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #4
Devin Graves

Send a message via AIM to Devin Graves
Cool Re: Travis Roberts Voice Demos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernAnthem View Post
Figured the least I could do was return the favor!

You have a very smooth voice and your pronunciation is great! I'm not sure what it was you were narrating but it was very interesting!

However, it sounded like there was a slight echo/reverb effect on your vocals. It wasn't enough to bring down the quality of your recordings though, just a faint echo. (It might have been my headphones.)

You're sounding great though man, keep up the great work!
It's definitely not your headphones. It sounds like he's recording it in front of his monitor and the the reverb is coming off the monitor. There's also a bit of background noise, which I'm guessing was intentional.

Quality aside, the demos sound great. I'm not sure why the ratings are so low, lol. I particularly enjoyed the gnarly ones, the orc 'n stuff like that. Those battle cries are so legit. I've yet to seriously practice those, dying breaths and screams kinda thing (like in League of Legends). Your voice reminds me of both the old and new Nasus voices, and I can totally picture you playing the role of a seraph, like Tyreal in Diablo.
Devin Graves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, deep voice, demo, narrative