Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 01-04-2016   #21
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: "Trans5mers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronic456 View Post
Does anyone here feel sorry for Bay?

I mean I want a new vision for the Transformers but I feel so bad if the studios keeping asking him back. Hell, his name is on four movies for 2016.
-13 Hours
-TMNT 2
-The Purge 3
-Ouija 2

I mean OMG...... This guy works hard but I worry about his breaks. Oh by the way seeing how he's dragged back to the Transformers franchise because of money is pretty heart wrenching for me. If Christopher Nolan can call it quits with his own Batman saga, what's preventing Bay?

I think Bay works best if he is passionate with the project (like Pain & Gain) not when he has a job to do per request....
Despite all of the pressure from studios and executives for filmmakers to do their bidding, given the extremely harsh nature of this industry, you really only work on projects IF YOU WANT TO. You don't purposefully jump into shark-infested waters unless you're ready for it. Regardless of who asks you or how much money they throw at you, when you have enough clout in the industry you CAN say no. And if you don't say no, then that means you have a passion for the project.

Bay is a [email protected]$$ man who doesn't take s**t from anyone. Bay does what Bay wants. And if he genuinely 100% wanted out of the franchise, he could leave (contract-dependent). Doesn't matter what they offer to pay him, doesn't matter who asks him, if Bay legitimately wanted to leave this franchise behind him, he would.

Controversial statement: Perhaps Bay keeps returning to this franchise because *gasp* he's actually is fond of it? You don't spend 2 years of your life working insane hours, eating/breathing/living a movie if you aren't 100% committed to it. No amount of money changes that, especially when you're as stubborn as Bay. He's back because he wants to be.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, money is also a huge factor. Bay likes money. Everybody likes money. And when they offer you a cool $75 million, you work through the pain because those tears will be hittin' them leather Bugatti seats. But I think Bay's stubbornness outweighs his love of money.

Besides, he has the opportunity to Spielberg it - sit back and be executive producer, which more or less means still getting the benefit of a huge paycheque, with only a fraction of the actual work. But he's back in the director's chair because he wants to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronic456 View Post
I think Bay works best if he is passionate with the project (like Pain & Gain) not when he has a job to do per request.
This is undeniably true. That's why you've got a (relatively) great Pain & Gain and 13 Hours in-and-amongst a hoard of Transformers movies. Bay has passion projects just like any other director, and that's when he gives his best work.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 01-04-2016 at 05:36 PM.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016   #22
Sparx94

Default Re: "Tran5formers"

I heard this was going to be a prequel set on Cybertron.
Sparx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016   #23
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx94 View Post
I heard this was going to be a prequel set on Cybertron.
Transformers 5 isn't, but Paramount did say that they had plans for an animated prequel set on Cybertron.
Old 01-05-2016   #24
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Transformers 5 isn't, but Paramount did say that they had plans for an animated prequel set on Cybertron.
Not gonna lie, THAT actually sounds promising.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016   #25
Sparx94

I agree.
Sparx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016   #26
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
Not gonna lie, THAT actually sounds promising.
Yeah, I've been wanted an animated movie or prequel basically since Revenge of the Fallen gave us that quick line summarizing the events between the first and second movie.

I've always felt that DTV animated movies like what DC has (mostly) success with is perfect for a franchise like this.
Old 01-09-2016   #27
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
I've always felt that DTV animated movies like what DC has (mostly) success with is perfect for a franchise like this.
*had, you mean.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016   #28
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: "Tran5formers" (2017)

Officially titled... Transformers: The Last Knight

Well, at least it's not _____ of the ______. Or Tran5formers, heh.

Honestly, with a title like that, I really just want them to end on that note. Guys. Please. You can only go so far with the world(s) you've set up, so take the cliffhanger of Age of Extinction and bring it home with some finality.
Old 05-16-2016   #29
Bry

Transformers: The Last Knight Rises

Tom Hardy as a Decepticon, please?
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016   #30
Polyester Funk

Quote:
Officially titled... Transformers: The Last Knight

Well, at least it's not _____ of the ______. Or Tran5formers, heh.

Honestly, with a title like that, I really just want them to end on that note. Guys. Please. You can only go so far with the world(s) you've set up, so take the cliffhanger of Age of Extinction and bring it home with some finality.

Isn't Paramount already planning on making up to at least Transformers 8? That all depends on how well this does financially of course, but if the last ones are any indication then it'll probably do well. Unless people are now genuinely tired of TF films and Michael Bay directing them. Not saying that I necessarily want more, but you of course know how these things work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty404 View Post
Transformers: The Last Knight Rises
That'll be the title of the next one, either that or The Last Knight Returns of course.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote