Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 07-02-2014   #1
electronic456

Default Review the last movie you saw thread

I'm kinda bored so....Why not have some fun?

Title is self-explanatory. Just review any movie you've watched recently.

New released movies are welcome.
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014   #2
electronic456

Thumbs down Re: Review the last movie you saw thread

OK, I'll start.....
Pearl Harbour(2001)
2/10
I thought it was worse than Michael Bay's Transformers ROTF. I could not give a **** about the fictional characters in the movie and the way the tragedy is portrayed is boring.....

I guess Titanic's impact was so great that it allowed Hollywood the licence to do the same with other historical events. I wanted to like a historical movie that revolves around real people like Jon Voight as President Roosevelt and it was a missed opportunity. They were pushed away in favour of fictional characters......

Pearl Harbour is a mistake that should never be done again. Then again look at Pain & Gain, OK this movie was not as bad as Pearl Harbour since it actually revolves around the real people more and I give credit. But then comes the mistake of portraying them in the wrong way around specifically the crooks.

The love triangle.... Ugh. Ben Affleck at his worst. This movie made Twilight look more tolerable. In the end you don't care for these characters and I can see why it is offensive to soldiers.

Even the music score just makes me want to forget this movie. I'll give credit to Han Zimmer for doing that.

The only stand outs were the Japanese bombing which was awesome explosion and visual fest and perhaps the non-stereotypical portrayals of the Japanese which is kinda surprising from Michael Bay.

Last edited by electronic456; 01-11-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2014   #3
Ross123

Default Re: Review the last movie you saw thread

Believe it or not, I watched the 1st Transformers film 2day as it's not long til Age of Extinction hits the UK with DogShit (Thanks 4 the warning Jeremy). 2 days til it's released actually.

Anyway, what can be said other than it's the beat Transformers film that Michael Bay has & will 4ever have done in his career as Transformers film franchise director. It's the the only film in the Shia LaBeouf films where I felt Shia himself was actually not that bad at acting. It's also the only film where all the AutoBots are likeable unlike the rest where some of them are annoying. The Michael Bay humour is actually enjoyable in it needless to say, it was also not completely over the top like the later films. Sam's parents aren't as annoying as they are later on. The fighting scenes are awesome yet so were some of the ones in the 3rd film. I feel like most of the actors are actually acting in it.

With that said, I give Transformers 8.4/10 . It feels like I'm repeating myself as it was just the other day I was talking about this movie being the best in the franchise but hey, I didn't know this thread was coming up. 2day it was between this or Star Trek Into Darkness to watch. Should've picked the later as I haven't seen it yet to tell the truth.
Old 07-03-2014   #4
PsychicVoiceSpy

I saw 300 Rise of an Empire yesterday... good grief, what a letdown! I was hoping it would at least be a fun, stupid action movie, but I just felt bored, irritated, and disappointed nearly the whole time. The CGI sea and ship battles looked really corny, some of the action sequences just felt lazily slapped together, and the characters were really forgettable except for Eva Green's character. I only say that because I thought she was annoying as heck.

It's been years since I've seen the first film, but I remember the CGI being a bit less awkward and there being a lot more genuinely enjoyable choreography in the action sequences. Despite it having a lot of over-the-top slow-mo shots and kills, I don't remember there being anything quite as stupid as some of the stuff in this one. There were a couple of moments where the fight scenes were done pretty well, but the ridiculous sequences with the ships crashing into each other distracted from that too much, IMO. The acting was decent from everyone involved, but a bit uninspired.

I think this was a totally needless cash-in and a bore. Even my dad who usually enjoys movies that are just over-the-top and goofy fun (if uninspired and kinda stupid) like "I, Frankenstein" found this to be really disappointing.

Last edited by PsychicVoiceSpy; 07-03-2014 at 11:01 PM.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014   #5
PacoSlimee

Darkwolf:

Um. Boy. Well to start, it's a b-movie made back in 2003. Stars a bunch of no name actors who may or may not be adult film stars. And for some reason Tippi Hedren and ,Jason Voorhees himself, Kane Hodder. It's laughably bad. From the horrible dialogue, to the horrible effects (both practical and cgi, because why not ruin both at the same time?). The sound mixing is some of the worst I've ever heard. Going from whisper levels to ear piercing on a dime. It gets too low, you turn up the volume, it gets too loud, you turn it down, rinse, repeat. And to top it off, it wastes your time. With one death scene in particular lasting roughly 5 minutes. I suppose if you watch it with some friends you could get a laugh at how bad it is. But to watch it alone, would be painful.

1.5 out of 5. Even then I'm probably being too generous.
PacoSlimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014   #6
electronic456

Thumbs up Re: Review the last movie you saw thread

I,Robot
8/10
Looking back at this movie, I was expecting myself to be bored by it. But this was not the case, I actually enjoyed watching it. The movie still lives up to its time.

The concept of man and machine may be overused during the recent times. But IMO I,Robot is somewhat of a classic. Will Smith was an interesting character who plays a cop with a grudge against robots and becomes closely linked to Sonny (voiced by Alan Tudyk).

Both guys did their jobs well although I found the female character to be a little bland even though she had plot relevance. I, Robot however is a great sci-fi thriller, one of the most interesting scenes is Will Smith trying to track down Sonny among many NB-5 bots.

I think the movie is a bit underrated and definitely had some interesting potential used.

Old 07-04-2014   #7
Regomania

The Lego Movie
10/10

There was a comment that i posted a while back at the movie's announcement stating my distaste for it. After seeing it I wish i deleted that comment. The Lego Movie, hands down is possibly one of the best movies of 2014. What really made this movie stick out for me is it's animation. Ho-ly S*** the animation in that is beautiful. And the voice work is definitely what makes the film's humour shine through. I give GIGANTIC props to Tegan and Sara & The Lonely Island for the amazing song that is everything is awesome.

Another thing I want to address is the characters. I love how there is always a different character archetype that shows up in the film. Emmett the Blank but Energetic Hero. Dark and Brooding Batman, The Wonderfully Happy Chappy Unikitty, THe Amazing Old-Fart that is vitruvius and The evil but hilarious Lord Business. All these character I think are just made to fit with one another, to contrast and bounce off each other (Even though it was seperate recordings)

So in conclusion, GO SEE THIS MOVIE. IT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT.

Last edited by Regomania; 07-04-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Regomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014   #8
electronic456

Thumbs down Re: Review the last movie you saw thread

Food Fight!
0/10
My god..... I have never encountered a movie this horrendous. Horrible CGI animation, jokes and generic stereotyping of certain characters. The story of product icons is horribly executed and makes the movie's concept just as bad.

If that ain't enough. The voice cast was terrible too..... Charlie Sheen? What are you doing in this movie?
Poor James Arnold Taylor is in this too? Oh boy.....

I'm surprised how bad the animation and character expressions were. Kids can found some jokes that are not meant for them. There was scene about 'melons'.

But to the movie's credit, I give it the rare award. " Worst movie I've seen in my life." The movie is not entertainly bad like The Room and is sitting below movies like The Last Airbender, DBE, MK: Annihilation, B&R and TMNT 3.

Do not watch this! It is Toy Story, Wreck It Ralph and the Lego Movie from a parallel universe.
EDIT: The budget of the movie is a joke by the way.

Old 07-11-2014   #9
electronic456

Thumbs up Re: Review the last movie you saw thread

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
9.5/10
Fantastic build up and reboot. This is the movie that brought me into the franchise of Planet of the Apes. The movie is full of emotion and touch.

The motion capture of the apes is awesome and caught my attention. I love how much they look like real apes.

Seeing Caesar grow throughout his life before revolution was interesting. His bonds with James Franco, rejection from others, paranoia of the things around and curiosity all lead to a great character. Andy Serkis is by default... King of Motion Capture.

We also learn some morals from the movie such as what we can control and the mistreatment we can cause leads to consequences.
This is a film that nearly made me cry. I love the story, there are characters you care for and awesome ape action.

My only problem is the wish to see more of the apes themselves rather than having everything revolve around Caesar. But I understand he's the main character here. So that was a nit-pick.

This movie really wants me to see Dawn.

Last edited by electronic456; 10-17-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-14-2014   #10
TheVengeanceKnight

Snowpiercer - 5/5

Heard a ton of positive buzz about it, so I watched it on demand. Don't have a lot to say about it, other than it was excellent and well done. Enjoyed the overall concept, as well as the commentary on social class/status. Nice cinematography and great (and violent!) fights. Great performances from everyone, particularly Chris Evans, Song Kang-ho and Ed Harris.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote