Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 01-21-2014   #1
Autovolt

Default "Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher" (2014)

http://family-room.ew.com/2014/01/21...ere-exclusive/

Marvel’s animated Avengers get even more muscle in the feature-length film Marvel’s Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher, which unites Thor, Iron Man, and their pals with the two titular supers — voiced, respectively, by Dexter‘s Jennifer Carpenter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3‘s Brian Bloom. We’ve got a first look at the trailer for this direct-to-DVD release below. Warning: Dramatic music and astounding feats of heroism ahead.

Need to know more about the film? Here’s Marvel’s official description:
“After interfering with a top secret mission, The Punisher is taken into custody by S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and Avenger Black Widow. At the orders of Director Nick Fury, Punisher and Black Widow are sent on a mission to stop Leviathan, a global terrorist organization that plans to sell stolen S.H.I.E.L.D. technology to the highest bidder. Now, the vigilante and spy must work together to prevent this technology from falling into the wrong hands. The fate of the world, and of the Avengers, hangs in the balance.”
Marvel’s Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher hits Blu-ray, DVD, and digital March 25.

All I can say is Jennifer Carpenter as Black Widow. Now this is a good casting choice, Brian Bloom as Punisher....while by no means a bad casting decision...I wish they would let him just voice Captain America once more. I would have maybe like to have seen them bring back Norman Reedus. Marvel Anime really does not like voice actor consistency.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 05-28-2015 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Retitled.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #2
LordofEvil96

Default Re: Marvel's Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher

My god this looks friggin epic. And Brian Bloom as the punisher is an awesome casting choice. Especially since he's a natural when it comes to playing gun toting badasses (E.G. Black Mask, Jackie Estacado).
LordofEvil96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #3
GothamRed

If you just want the trailer, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KVnRR5QIus&ntz=1
Old 01-21-2014   #4
GothamRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
All I can say is Jennifer Carpenter as Black Widow. Now this is a good casting choice, Brian Bloom as Punisher....while by no means a bad casting decision...I wish they would let him just voice Captain America once more. I would have maybe like to have seen them bring back Norman Reedus. Marvel Anime really does not like voice actor consistency.
Well on the other hand, keeping consistent voice actors seems to be the biggest complaint Marvel has gotten on this site over the last year so I'm sure there are people here who are happy with the new blood. Also we don't know for sure if Punisher is Bloom's only role, he could potentially play Cap in it as well, I can't see them having too similar of voices.
Old 01-21-2014   #5
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #6
VctrBnsn

Hey, this looks cool. And Brian Bloom is a voice I predicted for Punisher. Yay me!

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #7
Polyester Funk

This looks like it could be good. I haven't seen Rise of Technovore, but I didn't much care for the Iron Man anime so it wasn't a big deal. I did like the X-Men anime and I'd like to see that continue, however I believe Marvel couldn't make a movie cuz movie rights of the X-Men belong to Fox. I think they can do as they please with TV and video games, but movies are a separate deal.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #8
TheVengeanceKnight

Haven't heard that much nice things about Rise of Technovore. I might skip this one.

Brian Bloom as Punisher is neat, though.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #9
Troodon2

Nothing against the casting but I don't like how how they animated Black Widow. (Try and guess why)
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #10
DravenRoth994

Honestly, I've been getting sick of Black Widow lately. She isn't very sympathetic to me as a character, and she tends to written as the female equivalent to Steven Seagal(never loses, is perfect at everything, and never suffers any serious damage); but I admit, this looks pretty interesting. Plus, Jennifer Carpenter and Brian Bloom are awesome casting choices.
DravenRoth994 is offline   Reply With Quote