Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 10-01-2015   #1
CerealBoxHead46
Top Contributor

Default Darkwing Duck Remastered

Figured I might as well have some fun for awhile. You may have heard that the company that made DuckTales Remastered is working on doing the same thing for the old CapCom Darkwing Duck game. Here is who I hope provides the vocal talent for the new game. (Note beforehand, this will not be quite as flashy as some of the other dreamcasts on this site. I can't see most of the characters voiced by anyone other than the original, so that's who I went with on most of these occasions.)

Darkwing Duck: Jim Cummings - There's only one terror that flaps!

Launchpad: Terry McGovern - He reprised the role for DuckTales Remastered, so why not do the same here?

Gosalyn: Here's a case where the original actor has to be replaced. Christine is admittedly hard to beat. I have heard someone suggest that Candi Milo take over the role, which would make sense since she took over as Dexter, but I don't know if she really fits as Gosalyn. TBH, I think Tress MacNeille should give it a shot.

J. Gander Hooter: Danny Mann - He's still active in VA work, so why not?

Steelbeak: Rob Paulsen - Nobody can do that laugh like Rob.

Moliarty: Jim Cummings - If he's going to reprise one role, might as well do all of 'em! (Although, I will say one thing: I have absolutely no idea why the game has Moliarty, who only appeared in three episodes of the show and was never very popular, instead of Negaduck, Darkwing's greatest foe. I really, really hope they change that for the remake. Negaduck, of course, will be played by Jim Cummings as well.)

Megavolt: Dan Castallanetta - Probably could have gotten more creative with this one, but Dan is Megavolt.

Bushroot: Tino Insana - This guy has one of the most unique voices around. If they don't get him back, it will be immediately obvious.

Liquidator: I would like to see Jack Angel come back if he can still do the voice; if not, however, I think Will Ryan would do a terrific Liquidator. He could do something similar to his Harlow Doyle voice.

Quackerjack: Of course, I would like to have Michael Bell back if he can still do it; if not, however, there are two ways this can go. If we want an impression more than we just want a good performance, we could go Jeff Bennett since I think his voice sounds similar to Michael's Quackerjack, but I don't know whether he would deliver the same crazy performance Michael did. If, however, performance is emphasized over accuracy of impression, (which in this case I think is more important), I would go with Tom Kenny.

Wolfduck: This one is interesting. Wolfduck was a special character created specifically for the game, so he has no voice yet. For me, I'm going to go with Maurice LaMarche. He has some suitably deep, creepy voices that would fit this character very well.

Jambalaya Jake: Michael Gough - Most sites do not mention this, but Jambalaya Jake appears in the game as a grunt enemy, along with his pet gator, Gumbo. I think it would be really cool if, when you battled Jake, he said things like "Ooh, dat really felt bad right dare, I guarantee!" XD

(Random thought: why is there no emoticon symbol for XD?)
Old 10-01-2015   #2
Michaelsar

Default Re: Darkwing Duck Remastered

Maybe E.G. Daily could be Gosalyn?
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015   #3
CerealBoxHead46
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelsar View Post
Maybe E.G. Daily could be Gosalyn?
I could see that, too. She did take over for Christine as Babe in the movie's sequel. Fun fact: she actually was on an episode of Darkwing Duck where she played an alternate version of Gosalyn (though she didn't sound all that much like her IMO). Based on that alone, I'd say she might be more likely to take over as Gosalyn that Tress would be.
Old 10-01-2015   #4
HyperVoiceActing

If Dan Castallanetta doesn't return for Megavolt, I say Cam Clark would be an excellent stand in.

Also I say replace Wolfduck with Negaduck
HyperVoiceActing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015   #5
CerealBoxHead46
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperVoiceActing View Post
If Dan Castallanetta doesn't return for Megavolt, I say Cam Clark would be an excellent stand in.

Also I say replace Wolfduck with Negaduck
I could see that. He's done some similar roles before.

And yeah, I thought about that, too. I guess I'd just rather fight Wolfduck than Moliarty, know what I mean?
Old 10-01-2015   #6
Autovolt

I'm sure Tara Strong will take over as Gosalyn.

If Dan doesn't come back for Megavolt, I could see Tom Kenny maybe working.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015   #7
Troodon2

If Jim cummings doesn't return, I could see Steve Blum covering for him.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote