Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
drpepperfan

Default Flight of the Amazon Queen - Tom Hill = Tom Clarke Hill?

I'm making a submission for the game Flight of the Amazon Queen, and one of the actors credited is Tom Hill. He voices a large number of characters in the game, of various types. I'm wondering if he is the same person as Tom Clarke Hill. It would be older than the first credited role on the site, at 1995, but I do know that he is capable of a wide range of voices, so it would seem to fit. If I link some of the characters credited to Tom Hill, could you let me know if you think any of them sound like his other voices?

Sparky.

Gorilla, and when the gorilla starts talking.

Skip.

Jimmy.

Prisoner With Puppets.

Wedgewood the Parror.

There's a few more voices, but I hope these are enough.
drpepperfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
CerealBoxHead46

Default Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen - Tom Hill = Tom Clarke Hill?

Yep, all of those are Tom.

Besides all of them sounding like him (I can provide specific examples if you want), the game was developed and recorded in the UK (as confirmed by the credits) and most of the credited VAs live there. Plus, according to Tom, heís been doing VO for over 30 years (having taken his first VO class in 1985), which means heís been working since at least 1989. I think itís more than safe to say these are all him.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
drpepperfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxHead46 View Post
Yep, all of those are Tom.

Besides all of them sounding like him (I can provide specific examples if you want), the game was developed and recorded in the UK (as confirmed by the credits) and most of the credited VAs live there. Plus, according to Tom, he’s been doing VO for over 30 years (having taken his first VO class in 1985), which means he’s been working since at least 1989. I think it’s more than safe to say these are all him.
Thanks for the confirmation, although one or two examples would be good for extra confirmation.

One other problem I have with the games credits btw is that 3 characters actually show up twice in the credits. Whether this is a mistake, or they used 2 different actors to voice the character for different lines, I'm not currently sure.

The characters who are credited to different actors are:
Lola, who is credited to both Debbie Arnold and Regina Reagan.

Rico, who is credited to both Tom Clarke Hill and Enn Reitel.

And Klunk, who is credited to both Enn Reitel and someone called Mike Hurley who also did the voice for Big Hugh in the game.

Can you tell which any of these are, and if not, should I just list them all when I'm doing the request? I can also provide the credits for the game if anyone needs other characters to compare the voices with.

Last edited by drpepperfan; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:11 PM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
CerealBoxHead46

Yeah, totally. Hereís the Tom Clarke Hill voice I grew up with, te narrator for Henryís Amazing Animals.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ifU0pu2T7Ls&t=55s

Slap an accent on that and youíve basically got Sparky and Skip.

Close-ish match for Gorillaís speaking voice - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=exHLOWmWmvs&t=43s

Close match for Parrot - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y4qWGCiMYxI&t=3m34s

So on to the others.

Lola - Iím going to say thatís Regina Reagan. Reagan is American while Arnold is British, and all Arnoldís demos have her doing various British accents and pretty much nothing else. Plus, the last voice on Reginaís demo is pretty much dead on for Lola.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lQBdXBIH598

Klunk - This one I think is Enn. Big Hugh sounds like a dude with a high voice trying extra hard to keep his pitch down, whereas Enn can match that depth exactly.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYClpqAU40&t=37s

Rico - Sounds a lot like the previously linked voice in Ennís demo, as well as the part later on where he talks about the Remington Repeating Rifle. I think heís Enn too.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
drpepperfan

Thank you so much for the help, I agree with all of these. The evidence you found is really convincing.

I'm also currently contacting one of the developers of the game to see if he remembers some of the specific details of the cast, which hopefully will help even more, but if he doesn't, I think you've made a convincing enough case for it anyway. Thanks again, really needed the help.