Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
CerealBoxHead46

Default Clayfighter 63 1/3 / Sculptor’s Cut

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...ighter-63-1-3/

Sometime ago, it was suggested here that the arrangement of characters on the page for Clayfighter 63 1/3 may not be entirely accurate. Me being an inquiring mind, I had to check it out, especially since it seemed fairly suspicious that Jeff Bennett is not currently connected to any characters on the page despite being credited.

The person suggested that Kung Pow (currently assigned to Jess Harnell) is actually Jeff. I’ll admit I was skeptical at first, but the more I listened, the more obvious it became. The yell here. The line here. The “Monkey!” here. These are all so distinctly Jeff. It almost feels like he’s playing the character with more of a British accent than Asian, as it brings back shades of his Zazu, Merlin, and other such roles.

While this assignment is obvious, it’s also problematic in that it leaves us in the same predicament we were in before, only this time the one left without a character is Jess. The suggestion of the original user stated that Hoppy (currently attached to Charlie Adler) was Jess’ actual character, but this assignment I have problems with given how much this character sounds like Ed Bighead, not to mention how unlike Jess he clearly is. And given that Charlie’s other character of Dr Kiln is even more obviously him than the other, I think we can leave his characters alone.

So i went back over the entire cast, and one other character stood out as an obvious miscredit: Bad Mr Frosty. None of these sound anything like Jim Cummings (who, btw, is currently assigned to three characters in this small cast compared to some other VAs who only had one). They sound like they’ve been pitch shifted down somewhat, but they don’t sound like Jim even then. But then I noticed that there are several areas where Jess’ tells start to show through. Compare this or this to this guy or this thing. The resemblance to me is pretty clear.

One more thing: the Zappa Yow Yow Boyz. I haven’t heard a single line out of these guys that makes me think Frank Welker. In fact, this line and this line especially sound a LOT like Rob Paulsen to me.

Anyway, what’re y’all’s thoughts??
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
A-Log

Default Re: Clayfighter 63 1/3 / Sculptor’s Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxHead46 View Post
https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...ighter-63-1-3/

Sometime ago, it was suggested here that the arrangement of characters on the page for Clayfighter 63 1/3 may not be entirely accurate. Me being an inquiring mind, I had to check it out, especially since it seemed fairly suspicious that Jeff Bennett is not currently connected to any characters on the page despite being credited.

The person suggested that Kung Pow (currently assigned to Jess Harnell) is actually Jeff. I’ll admit I was skeptical at first, but the more I listened, the more obvious it became. The yell here. The line here. The “Monkey!” here. These are all so distinctly Jeff. It almost feels like he’s playing the character with more of a British accent than Asian, as it brings back shades of his Zazu, Merlin, and other such roles.

While this assignment is obvious, it’s also problematic in that it leaves us in the same predicament we were in before, only this time the one left without a character is Jess. The suggestion of the original user stated that Hoppy (currently attached to Charlie Adler) was Jess’ actual character, but this assignment I have problems with given how much this character sounds like Ed Bighead, not to mention how unlike Jess he clearly is. And given that Charlie’s other character of Dr Kiln is even more obviously him than the other, I think we can leave his characters alone.

So i went back over the entire cast, and one other character stood out as an obvious miscredit: Bad Mr Frosty. None of these sound anything like Jim Cummings (who, btw, is currently assigned to three characters in this small cast compared to some other VAs who only had one). They sound like they’ve been pitch shifted down somewhat, but they don’t sound like Jim even then. But then I noticed that there are several areas where Jess’ tells start to show through. Compare this or this to this guy or this thing. The resemblance to me is pretty clear.

One more thing: the Zappa Yow Yow Boyz. I haven’t heard a single line out of these guys that makes me think Frank Welker. In fact, this line and this line especially sound a LOT like Rob Paulsen to me.

Anyway, what’re y’all’s thoughts??
All I have to say is THANK YOU!!!! Somebody other than me that notices that Jess Harnell voiced Bad Mr. Frosty and Jeff Bennett voiced Kung Pow! Also, regarding the Zappa Yow Yow Boyz, I think I hear a bit of Jim Cummings in there whenever you hear one of them shouting "SHUT UP!".
A-Log is offline   Reply With Quote