Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
SNaG
Member
 
SNaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kamurocho
Posts: 357
Default Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Watching through the Ocean Dub in its entirety and wanted to ID some voices and check a few guesses. Vancouver is really not my thing so would appreciate the help. I'm not done but I've already amassed a decent amount and would like to get a little help.

(Also I'm pretty sure credits exist but the only images I found had a Funi watermark, and since Funi and Crunchyroll dissolved their partnership that's not on their site anymore. I have a handful but if someone actually had the full shebang that would be SUPER helpful.)

Time Alien

Ketsuno Ana (yes the line cuts off like that in the show)

Ham-san

Takachin

Convenience Store Lady

Mohawk Gang Leader

Hideaki Sorachi

Kabuki Town Rep

Katsuo Kurogoma - Brian Drummond?

Agomi - Brian Dobson?

Fortune Teller - Nicole Oliver?

Will definitely post more later after I see another chunk of episodes.
__________________

Last edited by SNaG; 1 Week Ago at 05:57 PM.
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
millicent
Member
 
millicent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 132
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Convenience Store Lady - Pauline Newstone
Katsuo Kurogoma - Brian Drummond
Agomi - Michael Dobson
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #3
IMB
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 300
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Takachin - Vincent Tong. You can hear him slip into his little boy voice ("My family..."). Check out Aki from Mega Man Fully Charged for comparison.

Convenience Store Lady - I wouldn't have guessed that this was Pauline if millicent didn't mention her (she doesn't get much work anymore, though apparently she's in the new season of Ninjago), but I can certainly hear Freeza.

Kurogoma - Brian Drummond

Sorachi - Kirby Morrow

Mohawk Gang Leader - Pretty sure this is one of the Dobsons. Brian, maybe?
IMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #4
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 25
Posts: 2,279
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMB View Post
Mohawk Gang Leader - Pretty sure this is one of the Dobsons. Brian, maybe?
Yup that's Brian.

also I think that might be Michael Donovan as the Time Alien. I can't think of a 1 for 1 role but it sounds like it could be in his registry?
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #5
SNaG
Member
 
SNaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kamurocho
Posts: 357
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post
Convenience Store Lady - Pauline Newstone
Katsuo Kurogoma - Brian Drummond
Agomi - Michael Dobson
Ah so it was MICHAEL Dobson. So close. I've never seen much of Ocean DBZ but now I feel super dumb I couldn't pick up on Pauline lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMB View Post
Takachin - Vincent Tong. You can hear him slip into his little boy voice ("My family..."). Check out Aki from Mega Man Fully Charged for comparison.

Convenience Store Lady - I wouldn't have guessed that this was Pauline if millicent didn't mention her (she doesn't get much work anymore, though apparently she's in the new season of Ninjago), but I can certainly hear Freeza.

Kurogoma - Brian Drummond

Sorachi - Kirby Morrow

Mohawk Gang Leader - Pretty sure this is one of the Dobsons. Brian, maybe?
Takachin checks out and I think I hear Kirby in Sorachi too. He shows up later as Tsukuo so he definitely could have recorded that one line too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Yup that's Brian.

also I think that might be Michael Donovan as the Time Alien. I can't think of a 1 for 1 role but it sounds like it could be in his registry?
I'll buy Brian but do you have a role in mind? Again not a big Ocean guy so I'd like a comparison.

I hear shades of Michael Donovan in the Time Alien but I'm not 100% sure on that one.
__________________
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #6
Nightmare Crusher
Moderator
 
Nightmare Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,555
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
I'll buy Brian but do you have a role in mind? Again not a big Ocean guy so I'd like a comparison.
https://youtu.be/dTM_MfEeyJU?t=112

Will this do? I'm no Vancouver expert, but I'd buy it.
__________________
"Wanna score your jelly at half price, ma'am?"
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #7
SNaG
Member
 
SNaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kamurocho
Posts: 357
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
https://youtu.be/dTM_MfEeyJU?t=112

Will this do? I'm no Vancouver expert, but I'd buy it.
Oh perfect, thanks. Yeah, I buy it.

While I'm here, here's a few more clips.

Female Yamazaki - Adrian Petriw? He voices regular Yamazaki and this is clearly a falsetto.

Male Otose

Male Catherine

Koshinori Yagyu

Binbokusai Yagyu

Ayumu Tojo

(I wish I knew more Ocean cause I feel bad about just slapping down clips without many suggestions of my own. Appreciate everyone's help)
__________________
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #8
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 25
Posts: 2,279
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Oh perfect, thanks. Yeah, I buy it.

While I'm here, here's a few more clips.

Female Yamazaki - Adrian Petriw? He voices regular Yamazaki and this is clearly a falsetto.

Male Otose

Male Catherine

Koshinori Yagyu

Binbokusai Yagyu

Ayumu Tojo

(I wish I knew more Ocean cause I feel bad about just slapping down clips without many suggestions of my own. Appreciate everyone's help)
That's definitely Brian Drummond's old man voice as Binbokusai Yagyu

Male Catherine - Maybe Jason Simpson? Reninds me of this voice https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...ds/Unhygienix/

I'll be honest i'm rather unsure myself on most of them.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #9
millicent
Member
 
millicent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 132
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Ayumo Tojo - Brendan Hunter
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #10
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 25
Posts: 2,279
Default Re: Gintama (Ocean Dub)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post
Ayumo Tojo - Brendan Hunter
I actually can hear it now, like a lighter version of his Banagher Links.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.