Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
millicent

Default Hoop Days

Realized it had been nearly fifteen years since this bad-boy debuted in the States* and that it didn't have a page on here. Here's the credits for the first volume. The cast credits never specified actor-to-role and never updated from this first volume. The only major credit change relevant here was Keith A. Goddard taking over for James Corrigall from episode 11 to the end of the series. These last 16 episodes were not released in singles and could only be purchased at the time by buying the complete collection brick, netting me two copies of volume 1 and 2 in an age where singles were expensive.

I certainly know all the voices to this glorious trainwreck of a show, so let's have ourselves a fun game of "Do You Know Bluewater?" Here's the lead from Hoop Days (original title: Dear Boys). It's been a while, so I might be foggy on it, but I recall that this part was voiced by the late, great Rick Dalton with Cliff Booth temping in for the reaction sounds during the basketball games.

*Note Patrick Seitz filling in for Gerald Matthews' part for some reason. Always assumed he did this while recording the DICE trailer for Bandai.
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
millicent

Default Hoop Days Confirmed Credits

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
millicent

Default Sawa and Mr. Kuwano

Masato 'Sawa' Sawanobori - Victor Atelevich (clip) [credited role in My-Otome Zwei]

Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post
Realized it had been nearly fifteen years since this bad-boy debuted in the States*

*Note Patrick Seitz filling in for Gerald Matthews' part for some reason. Always assumed he did this while recording the DICE trailer for Bandai.
And here's a clip of that character,
Yoshio Kuwano

Matthews isn't credited in Hoop Days at all, but his voice is pretty distinct, so much so that even a character as dissimilar as Tonpa from HxH (clip) is clearly voiced by the same person.*

*Granted, Matthews isn't credited in Hunter x Hunter either; however, around the time the first volume of that show streeted (December of '08) I found an article about an Albertan theatre company that talked about Matthew's retirement as an actor () and specified that he had just finished recording his last lines for his last voice role () as Tonpa in Hunter x Hunter (named the show and the character). Having trouble finding the article now though.