Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
millicent

Default Re: Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack

Here's a bit of Dane B. McFadhen in his confirmed, credited-with-role part in Infinite Ryvius as Brian Barb Jr. I'll try to find more.
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12
millicent

Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post
Here's a bit of Dane B. McFadhen in his confirmed, credited-with-role part in Infinite Ryvius as Brian Barb Jr. I'll try to find more.
...and a bit more...
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13
millicent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
Horst Harness: Brian Dobson? He's not on the cast list I have, which comes from the old Gundam website, but he is on the possibly officially sourced CrystalAcids page.
Hmm... While I don't know him (nor Brian Dobson) especially, does this not seem somewhere in Louis Chirillo's ballpark? Exhibit A Exhibit B Just that unique "sprightly" quality underneath everything...

Quote:
Meran: Not a clue. I almost want to say it's Chris Kalhoon doing some silly high-pitched thing. Comes out on "hatch 48." There are a couple scenes where Scott McNeil talks to himself so it's not entirely out of the question, but IDK. I'm also tired so I could be spewing nonsense.
Similarly, while I don't know Colin Murdock really, this clip for one seems to put him in that Chris Kalhoon/Clay St. Thomas/Tommy James range of almost inherent radio masculinity quality evident in Meran.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
Nightmare Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post
Hmm... While I don't know him (nor Brian Dobson) especially, does this not seem somewhere in Louis Chirillo's ballpark? Exhibit A Exhibit B Just that unique "sprightly" quality underneath everything...
That sounds plausible to me. Louis is someone I know even less than Brian, but I can believe it. For Brian I was mostly thinking of his Dr. Gero. Not entirely sure which one it really is, but gut instinct is that it's Louis.

For Meran I really don't feel confident on anything.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #15
millicent

Quote:
For Meran I really don't feel confident on anything.
Do you think maybe Dane on October and Colin on Meran? While October doesn't sound exactly like the Ryvius clip, Dane does seem implausible on anyone else. That would also seem to add up to a consistency with 0079's Ocean/Sunrise cast credits, which were, while frustratingly opaque in the way all "list-o'-names" are, still pretty comprehensive (especially compared to a lot of TV anime and crediting actors that would not appear until way into the series) in terms of not leaving any important, named characters out.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #16
Nightmare Crusher

Dane on October I think is likely. Not the same voice, but there's a similar inmate depth to them.

Meran I just don't know. There are enough scattered voices for this and that nameless background characters that even process of elimination kind of fails me there. It could be Colin Murdock, but I don't feel confident enough on that one and I don't remember him having any dialogue beyond what I clipped. (To be fair it's possible I missed some in that regard.)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #17
millicent

Quote:
Meran I just don't know. There are enough scattered voices for this and that nameless background characters that even process of elimination kind of fails me there. It could be Colin Murdock, but I don't feel confident enough on that one and I don't remember him having any dialogue beyond what I clipped. (To be fair it's possible I missed some in that regard.)
Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, and I suppose Meran probably is more of an incidental with a name than anything else.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18
Nightmare Crusher

I just had a crazy idea about Meran.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com.../Roger-Baxter/

Could he be Michael Kopsa? Would they even think about reusing the title character's actor for some rando? I don't know, but the idea just kind of hit me all of a sudden.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #19
millicent

Quote:
I just had a crazy idea about Meran.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com.../Roger-Baxter/

Could he be Michael Kopsa? Would they even think about reusing the title character's actor for some rando? I don't know, but the idea just kind of hit me all of a sudden.
That idea struck me too. Frankly, this and Journey to Jaburo voice spotting has me in a real Universal Century kind of mood. Thinking about starting back again with 0079 movies/tv then working up to CCA, so I'll definitely look into it when I cross that bridge.