Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 03-30-2018   #1
Devleen

Default Jungle Book Shonen Mowgli: Bagheera

Last edited by Devleen; 07-22-2018 at 04:37 PM. Reason: ...
Devleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018   #2
whyofbladez

Default Re: Jungle Book Shonen Mowgli: Bagheera

I think you're right; it doesn't sound too far off from some of Massey's samples.
whyofbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018   #3
Devleen

Also, this clip from an episode of Ultra 7, also dubbed in Montreal, sounds to me like it features Massey again pulling double duty--first as the seated officer and then as the fortuneteller.
Devleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
whyofbladez

I've done some listening, and I'm thinking that Grosser most likely (based on what little I could find to compare) voiced Alexander. Compared to Amagi in Ultra 7, I am noticing a similarity. Incidentally, Massey is attributed to this role on wikipedia.

On a semi-related note; despite the astounding similarity in voice - I don't think David Hemblen was Shere Khan - I think it was Jean Fontaine instead. Going back to Ultra 7, compare to Fontaine as Kiriyama (reuploaded; credit to Devleen since instaudio is dying now too..). After scouring every episode; it's really the only role Fontaine could've had given his voice type. And while it's uncannily similar to Hemblem, Fontaine has a bit more of a deep boom to his voice whereas Hemblem is smoother. There's also the matter that Hemblem is Toronto-based and I'm not sure he's ever done Montreal voice work.

Last edited by whyofbladez; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:04 PM.
whyofbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
Kioea

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyofbladez View Post
On a semi-related note; despite the astounding similarity in voice - I don't think David Hemblen was Shere Khan - I think it was Jean Fontaine instead. Going back to Ultra 7, compare to Fontaine as Kiriyama (reuploaded; credit to Devleen since instaudio is dying now too..). After scouring every episode; it's really the only role Fontaine could've had given his voice type. And while it's uncannily similar to Hemblem, Fontaine has a bit more of a deep boom to his voice whereas Hemblem is smoother. There's also the matter that Hemblem is Toronto-based and I'm not sure he's ever done Montreal voice work.
I agree with your reservations about Hemblem, but I thought Shere Khan sounded more like Len Carlson.

EDIT: Having said that, if Fontaine is credited and the other two aren't, that makes his case quite a bit stronger.

Last edited by Kioea; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:31 AM.
Kioea is offline   Reply With Quote