Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Gaming Central > Upcoming Titles

Upcoming Titles Catch up on the hype surrounding the latest upcoming Video Games.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
Autovolt

Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_dgvgpC8Nw&t=0s

So the direct has landed.

My new favourite of the bunch is Corviknight.

also the game is set for a worldwide release of November 15th.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
SNaG

Man, that direct was beautiful. I'm still not sure what version I'm getting since nothing here is enticing me towards one version or the other (please bring back difficulty modes please) but I am digging the aesthetic of the Galar region. One of the things Ohmori really emphasized in Sun and Moon was making the world feel inhabited by Pokemon outside of Pokemon battles, and the Wild Areas just feel like the next big step. Roaming around and actually seeing the Pokemon in the field? I've been playing Pokemon for nearly 20 years and that stuff just frigging blows me away!

I really dig the designs in this generation. They're sleek and none of them seem to have too much going on yet. The exceptions are the legendaries.... to be honest, I think they're the blandest looking main series legendaries yet, even compared to Reshiram and Zekrom, which were pretty monochromatic. I dunno, they seem more like a legendary fit for a legendary trio than something truly majestic to be the mascot. A trifling complaint, as it were.

Dynamaxing is HELLA cool. I'm excited for that and the raids. Though I'm kinda getting irked by the constant shoving aside of the previous generation's gimmick, haha. Mega Evolution got the shaft in Gen VII for Z-Moves and now it looks like Z-Moves are getting the shaft too. Would be nice if GF kept giving a few new Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves in a way that didn't detract from Dynamaxing, rather than omiting them entirely.

TL;DR VERY excited, day 1 buy for sure.

dude NICE
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
HienFan

I've been really excited since the setting has been revealed(British hoorah)

And there's even more of it wheee
HienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
Autovolt

It's been 2 days since Pokemon Sword and Shield at E3.....

I cannot get behind the whole inability to transfer non Galar region dex Pokemon into the game. I really hope that Game Freak reconsiders this after the backlash it's getting online. Like all they'd have to do is promise they'll add them in over the course of the following year and I'd be ok with it.

But right now, i think i won't be buying the game yet....I hope this changes in the future or that in the future they make sure all Pokemon can be transferred in a future instalment.
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
SNaG

Hype has gone down considerably. I may sound like some cranky old 30 year old Boomer but transferring Pokemon is a highlight for me in the post game. I spent a lot of time catching em all and raising a ton of Pokemon and it brings me joy to have them migrate each generation. Sounds dumb but it actually may be a skip for me since I value that so highly. Hope they listen, there seems to be sizable backlash amongst fans, but who knows.

dude NICE
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #16
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Hype has gone down considerably. I may sound like some cranky old 30 year old Boomer but transferring Pokemon is a highlight for me in the post game. I spent a lot of time catching em all and raising a ton of Pokemon and it brings me joy to have them migrate each generation. Sounds dumb but it actually may be a skip for me since I value that so highly. Hope they listen, there seems to be sizable backlash amongst fans, but who knows.
Same. I really wanted to get the game but now I dunno.....they need to realize this is unacceptable.

I just hope people don't just forget about in a week, we gotta keep reminding Nintendo, GameFreak and TCPI we want all Pokemon transferable. It's the bare minimum they can at least do.

If they don't change their mind...i might still get the game...but only a used copy on the aftermarket.
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
For me, the pre-E3 Direct definitely ramped my hype up a lot more, but it's cooled after E3 proper. It's a shame because I love a lot of the ideas in the game, but I'm a little more muted about if the actual game itself will be ready. There's a lot you can criticize Let's Go for, but it's a really polished game, it knows its limit, and stays within it. Looking rough around the edges isn't one of them. Here it definitely feels more like they're spreading themselves in and need more time. I can personally deal with no National Dex, but it does make me scratch my head and ask why.

It sucks that Pokemon is such an oiled conveyer belt that Game Freak/TPCI/Nintendo never delay it or add a support studio to help out. If they had Monolith Soft lend some manpower, or just give a few more months in the oven that'd work wonders. We've had three consecutive years of Pokemon already so a year off wouldn't have hurt too badly.

Last edited by NCZ; 1 Week Ago at 03:51 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote