Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 04-14-2019   #201
8000 Saiyans

Default Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWs...outu.be&t=1685

It seems like the Ocean Kai dub will say hell and other curse words.
8000 Saiyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019   #202
IMB

https://twitter.com/DigitalSoundLtd/...85579405139969

DSM were also invited to the Crunchyroll Awards.

The Langrisser mobile game that launched earlier this year was done in Vancouver. The English cast isn't credited, so if you can identify voices, post here.
IMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019   #203
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMB View Post
https://twitter.com/DigitalSoundLtd/...85579405139969

DSM were also invited to the Crunchyroll Awards.

The Langrisser mobile game that launched earlier this year was done in Vancouver. The English cast isn't credited, so if you can identify voices, post here.
ooooh this sounds promising.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019   #204
IMB

WildBrain has started uploading Tobot Athlon onto YouTube. Like always, their version chops out the opening and ending credits. I posted the cast list a year back. The original series has been uploaded in full onto Amazon Prime, so Athlon might follow. Dunno if Ocean is dubbing the newest Tobot series yet.

Buddyfight ended a few weeks back, so now we're down to two ongoing Canadian anime dubs: Bakugan in Toronto and Vanguard in Calgary/Edmonton. I think there's been more Miami anime dubs in the last year than Canadian ones ...

This has nothing to do with Vancouver VO, but I noticed a while back that Netflix added Difuze to their list of dubbing partners. They're the first Canadian studio to make that list. You've probably never heard of them since they launched just last year. They mainly do French dubs, but have already worked on some English projects like Racetime. One of their predecessors, Technicolor Montreal, dubbed the Supernatural anime for Warner Bros. a few years back. Would be fun to see the public react to the cast of Arthur doing some serious scifi anime or something.
Old 07-15-2019   #205
IMB

For those without Prime, the first 52 episodes of DSM's Black Jack dub got uploaded onto Tubi recently (U.S.-only). There are no English credits, but it seems this show's got a tiny cast mainly consisting of less established actors. Here's who I've been able to dig up:

David Godfrey - Black Jack
Sunni Westbrook - Pinnoko
Anita Yung - Chiyoko Wato, Kumiko Honma, Konomi Kuwata
Sidika Larbes - Sharaku
Christian Lagasse - Heath (Hisao), Michael (Mitsuo), Taichi and loads more
Ian Fults - Akira, Bihamaru, Hotch (Hachiya)

Asia Mattu and Johnny Dean were also involved.
Old 07-15-2019   #206
martyyahar

Quote:
This has nothing to do with Vancouver VO, but I noticed a while back that Netflix added Difuze to their list of dubbing partners. They're the first Canadian studio to make that list. You've probably never heard of them since they launched just last year. They mainly do French dubs, but have already worked on some English projects like Racetime. One of their predecessors, Technicolor Montreal, dubbed the Supernatural anime for Warner Bros. a few years back. Would be fun to see the public react to the cast of Arthur doing some serious scifi anime or something.
I'm all for Montreal getting to be allowed to dub anime once more. Of the four major Canadian talent pools (Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto are the other ones) it's easily the most underrated (even if I prefer Vancouver overall). Their video game work isn't my favorite, but their anime/ other dubbed work isn't half bad.

Also, not to judge, but Miami still has voiceacting work? I thought that was an exceedingly rare thing. The more you know, I guess.
Old 07-16-2019   #207
IMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyyahar View Post
Also, not to judge, but Miami still has voiceacting work? I thought that was an exceedingly rare thing. The more you know, I guess.
Outside of Futurikon's cartoons, it was a very rare thing. We've seen a (relative) spike in projects from there recently, from AICO: Incarnation, Captain Tsubasa, Mecha Ude and the Arthur and the Minimoys TV series. Some of those make sense because the companies involved with commissioning the English versions are Miami-based, but others? Not so much.
Old 07-16-2019   #208
Autovolt

Quote:
For those without Prime, the first 52 episodes of DSM's Black Jack dub got uploaded onto Tubi recently (U.S.-only). There are no English credits, but it seems this show's got a tiny cast mainly consisting of less established actors. Here's who I've been able to dig up:

David Godfrey - Black Jack
Sunni Westbrook - Pinnoko
Anita Yung - Chiyoko Wato, Kumiko Honma, Konomi Kuwata
Sidika Larbes - Sharaku
Christian Lagasse - Heath (Hisao), Michael (Mitsuo), Taichi and loads more
Ian Fults - Akira, Bihamaru, Hotch (Hachiya)

Asia Mattu and Johnny Dean were also involved.
Fluttershy's dad is Black Jack. Did not see that coming.

Yeah I believe the Black Jack dub is recorded as Azur Studios and not Ocean hence why the less familiar faces...err voices.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019   #209
IMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Fluttershy's dad is Black Jack. Did not see that coming.

Yeah I believe the Black Jack dub is recorded as Azur Studios and not Ocean hence why the less familiar faces...err voices.
Digital Sound Magic is unrelated to Azur and Ocean. They're just outside of Vancouver, in Burnaby.
Old 07-18-2019   #210
larkchronicles

Quote:
WildBrain has started uploading Tobot Athlon onto YouTube. Like always, their version chops out the opening and ending credits. I posted the cast list a year back. The original series has been uploaded in full onto Amazon Prime, so Athlon might follow. Dunno if Ocean is dubbing the newest Tobot series yet.

Buddyfight ended a few weeks back, so now we're down to two ongoing Canadian anime dubs: Bakugan in Toronto and Vanguard in Calgary/Edmonton. I think there's been more Miami anime dubs in the last year than Canadian ones ...

I didn't know Edmonton even had a voice acting community of its own. Do they regularly work on anime/Western animation/VGs/etc on their own, or do they usually collaborate with the Calgary VAs for stuff?

Last edited by larkchronicles; 07-18-2019 at 03:37 AM.
larkchronicles is offline   Reply With Quote