Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > DC & Marvel

DC & Marvel Discuss DC & Marvel properties Here

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1141
Music Meister

Default Re: Avengers Assemble

Troy might not be gone, my guess is was just convenient to get JP for those roles. I wouldnt be surprised if the show actually comes out we will probably see Troy return. They got Roger as Cap back.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1142
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiablythe2014 View Post
I'm also 100% certain the next Avengers cartoon will still be MCU influenced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
IF we get a new avengers cartoon.

In terms of storytelling I'd be okay with that, but not of it's barrowing ques, asthetics, or continuity tie-ins.
Influence isn't the problem, EMH had some MCU influence but it was still good....well for the most part until the executive meddling kicked in.

The Avengers Assemble era just felt uninspired and bland.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1143
Troodon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Influence isn't the problem, EMH had some MCU influence but it was still good....well for the most part until the executive meddling kicked in.

Well when you put it that way I guess I can't put it entirely on the MCU. Either way I just hope the next cartoon just tries to do it's own thing and not try and go for film synergy.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1144
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:

That's the kicker. Influence is fine. Easter eggs and references are fine. Earth's Mightiest Heroes was really well received, and only in the second season did they start to really kick up the MCU influence. And even then, when EMH was "influenced" by the MCU, it was a lot more subtle and imaginative than even the least MCU "influenced" moments of Ultimate Spider-Man/Avengers Assemble/SMASH/GOTG/Spider-Man Again.

EMH aped the MCU in a relatively tasteful way. Autovolt summed it up best: the current string of Marvel animated shows borrow from the MCU, but in an uninspired, unimaginative, bland way.

Like, what's the point in even having a team of writers if all you do is rip quips and quotes and lines from the MCU? What's the point in having a design team if all they do is trace over the official character designs of the MCU?
BTVA: A fansite where 8-10 people, in their spare time, try to catalogue 75+ years of the voiceover industry and, in return, occassionally get noses thumbed at them for not being 100% complete. We do our best.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1145
Frontier

Quote:
I really hope we get a fresh start, wiping the slate clean with the next Avengers cartoon especially casting wise.
Casting-wise if we ever do get a completely new cast of VA's for an Avengers cartoon, I except Fred Tatasciore and James C. Mathis III will probably still carry over like they've been doing.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1146
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Casting-wise if we ever do get a completely new cast of VA's for an Avengers cartoon, I except Fred Tatasciore and James C. Mathis III will probably still carry over like they've been doing.
They're perfect in their roles and I wouldn't mind them staying but I also want some other VA's to get a shot or another shot.

Would be cool if Khary Payton took over as Black Panther again or had Rick D. Wasserman return as Hulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
That's the kicker. Influence is fine. Easter eggs and references are fine. Earth's Mightiest Heroes was really well received, and only in the second season did they start to really kick up the MCU influence. And even then, when EMH was "influenced" by the MCU, it was a lot more subtle and imaginative than even the least MCU "influenced" moments of Ultimate Spider-Man/Avengers Assemble/SMASH/GOTG/Spider-Man Again.

EMH aped the MCU in a relatively tasteful way. Autovolt summed it up best: the current string of Marvel animated shows borrow from the MCU, but in an uninspired, unimaginative, bland way.

Like, what's the point in even having a team of writers if all you do is rip quips and quotes and lines from the MCU? What's the point in having a design team if all they do is trace over the official character designs of the MCU?
and here's where it gets crazier. The storyboard artists at Marvel Animation absolutely hated what they were doing and thought it was cheap,lazy and trash learned this from an interview with an ex-storyboard artist who worked on Avengers Assemble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IttvJRFgFJo

Yeah this artist actually was trying to work on a pitch for a Captain Marvel animated series but it never went anywhere cause well Marvel Animation is in a weird limbo right now. It's a shame too since this guy actually wanted to put some actual passion into this project.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1147
Music Meister

A real shame since I found that AA DID have some fun ideas, interesting creativity, fun performances and overal could be good but then, like everyone said, Studio meddling coming in and going “YeAh bUt WhaT iF MCU?”

Like I said before, I think Marvel Rising has the potential.
Old 3 Days Ago   #1148
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

So, do we know for certain what the fate is for the current string of animated shows (AA, GOTG, Spider-Man 2017)?
BTVA: A fansite where 8-10 people, in their spare time, try to catalogue 75+ years of the voiceover industry and, in return, occassionally get noses thumbed at them for not being 100% complete. We do our best.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #1149
Troodon2

I assume AA has run it's course as has Guardians, (be it for better or for worse) Spider's show is uncertain but I'm inclined to believe that they just pulled off the show altogether thus ending it on an twisted, yet anticlimactic cliffhanger.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #1150
Abdullab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
So, do we know for certain what the fate is for the current string of animated shows (AA, GOTG, Spider-Man 2017)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
I assume AA has run it's course as has Guardians, (be it for better or for worse) Spider's show is uncertain but I'm inclined to believe that they just pulled off the show altogether thus ending it on an twisted, yet anticlimactic cliffhanger.

Assemble seems to be the finale. Guardians is cancelled. Spider-Man is kind of a special case right now.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/marv...ming-next-year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxSV...ature=youtu.be

They said there will be a lego special with the 2017 cast and disney nederlands showed this sneak peek of the superior spider-man storyline note that the sneak peek video from disney xd NL is in their native language and Kevin Burke last said the new episodes are coming back in Febuary but will have to be paitent.
https://twitter.com/KevinBurke20/sta...37929049980931

Honestly at this point we may expect disney xd to relase them online suddenly or let the hype for spider-man ps4 and spider-verse dye down cus after seeing that reception they knew their handling of marvel tv was F$£^ed and don`t want to deal with those comments.
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote