Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Gaming Central > Upcoming Titles

Upcoming Titles Catch up on the hype surrounding the latest upcoming Video Games.

Old 01-30-2019   #1
Fulgore2005

Post Daemon X Machina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LIrEumQ4WQ

* There are strong Armored Core (Kenichiro Tsukuda & Shoji Kawamori are involved in making the game), Zone of the Enders & Gundam vibes in this. There's even some resemblance to Xenoblade Chronicles X's Skell combat.
* Yusuke Kozaki (who worked on Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates) is credited for the character designs.
* Junichi Nakatsuru (Soul Calibur, Tekken 5-7, Ace Combat and Super Smash Bros. 4 and U) is composing along with Rio Hamamoto (Tekken Tag 2, Idolmaster).
* Marvelous is credited as the developer with Nintendo as the publisher.

Fulgore2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019   #2
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Default Re: Daemon X Machina

This game looks awesome! They've got an all-star crew behind it. I can't wait till we can get more info, I'm DEFINITELY hooked. Best surprise of last E3!

I wonder if there's going to be more of a story or if it will be more focused just on personal missions. Either way, it looks like so much fun in SP and MP. Hope it's out pretty soon, looks like a PERFECT summer game.

Last edited by NCZ; 02-06-2019 at 12:42 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019   #3
SNaG

I just played the demo and it is sick. Really evokes shades of Kid Icarus Uprising to me, with the wide open combat. It takes a bit to get used to but it's slick and really fun. The music is metal as f***. Had a good time with it. The character customizer is fun though it has lopsided options. It has a really detailed heterochromia option but low amount of (facial) hair options. It is a demo after all, so that's not too big.

A quick thing on the VO, it seems to be Cup of Tea again? It's at the very least non-union LA because the first big tough guy I found was Patrick Seitz and then I soon found Jamieson Price. Nothing against them but it's getting tiring to hear the same guys in the same archetypes all the time. Do something fresh with your VO Nintendo, please.

dude NICE
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019   #4
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

I played it too. The only thing I hope they improve is I think the game needs to feel better. Framerate only being 30 is a shame and it definitely slows down a lot too. It's also really hard to aim/target properly and the bosses don't seem to have any HP bars. Also I hope there are better chances to switch between mech to on-ground in the final game cause all the missions in the demo felt best in mech.

But the actual core game is fun! Getting into the rhythm is super addictive. Really good they're doing a survey to take feedback, they've got plenty of time and honestly I hope they take as much time they need, cause if they rush it out it clearly won't live up to its full potential. I'm about to take another shot at the final boss so hopefully I get a chance to fill it in.

Hopefully yeah, the full game will have more options and you'll have more to do, but even the demo itself is pretty meaty. I think it'll be even better in multiplayer so you can team up with friends and tag team all your orders. That's gonna be where the REAL fun is.

I played in Japanese but yeah, kinda groaning at COT again. I genuinely hate to say it but I'm kinda sick of them doing everything. Ah well.

Oh yeah, the soundtrack kicks A$$.

Last edited by NCZ; 02-14-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-14-2019   #5
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Daemon X Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
I played it too. The only thing I hope they improve is I think the game needs to feel better. Framerate only being 30 is a shame and it definitely slows down a lot too. It's also really hard to aim/target properly and the bosses don't seem to have any HP bars. Also I hope there are better chances to switch between mech to on-ground in the final game cause all the missions in the demo felt best in mech.

But the actual core game is fun! Getting into the rhythm is super addictive. Really good they're doing a survey to take feedback, they've got plenty of time and honestly I hope they take as much time they need, cause if they rush it out it clearly won't live up to its full potential. I'm about to take another shot at the final boss so hopefully I get a chance to fill it in.

Hopefully yeah, the full game will have more options and you'll have more to do, but even the demo itself is pretty meaty. I think it'll be even better in multiplayer so you can team up with friends and tag team all your orders. That's gonna be where the REAL fun is.

I played in Japanese but yeah, kinda groaning at COT again. I genuinely hate to say it but I'm kinda sick of them doing everything. Ah well.

Oh yeah, the soundtrack kicks A$$.
Can't argue with any of this. I would've liked if they got someone like Kris Zimmerman doing the dub (in regards to LA). Her direction and casts are more fresh and distinct IMO. I would have preferred if they used Toronto's cast like in Starlink myself.

Old 02-14-2019   #6
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

I'll take Cup of Tea over Mortellaro anyday, but KZS is ABSOLUTELY the dream. Really disappointed NOA haven't gone with her more. I like Cup of Tea in theory but the last year of their dubs have not impressed me. It really feels like they've been spread thin by just how much they're doing because both their casting and direction have been really stale and underwhelming lately. It really says something when I can't tell some of their casts apart from Bang Zoom at a glance. Publishers need to switch it up more instead of hiring them for everything. Studiopolis, PCB, Formosa? You should never go into dubs knowing exactly what you're getting but that's what's been happening.

I want to know if it's Marvelous or Nintendo who made the call on the recording studio, because I'm extremely disappointed that Nintendo are riding higher than they have in a long time, but they consistently cheap out on their dubs and it shows. They've made more LA dubs than ever in the last ~2 years and Fire Emblem Echoes is like the only legitimately good one. I'm going to be super disappointed if Astral Chain is Yet Another COT Dub too, but it sure might be now that I listen to the trailer in English.

Time is a flat circle though. Sega's doing what Nintendon't!

Last edited by NCZ; 02-14-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2019   #7
SNaG

Quote:
I'll take Cup of Tea over Mortellaro

dude NICE
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019   #8
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post

Old 02-14-2019   #9
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Daemon X Machina

Quote:
I'll take Cup of Tea over Mortellaro anyday, but KZS is ABSOLUTELY the dream. Really disappointed NOA haven't gone with her more. I like Cup of Tea in theory but the last year of their dubs have not impressed me. It really feels like they've been spread thin by just how much they're doing because both their casting and direction have been really stale and underwhelming lately. It really says something when I can't tell some of their casts apart from Bang Zoom at a glance. Publishers need to switch it up more instead of hiring them for everything. Studiopolis, PCB, Formosa? You should never go into dubs knowing exactly what you're getting but that's what's been happening.

I want to know if it's Marvelous or Nintendo who made the call on the recording studio, because I'm extremely disappointed that Nintendo are riding higher than they have in a long time, but they consistently cheap out on their dubs and it shows. They've made more LA dubs than ever in the last ~2 years and Fire Emblem Echoes is like the only legitimately good one. I'm going to be super disappointed if Astral Chain is Yet Another COT Dub too, but it sure might be now that I listen to the trailer in English.

Time is a flat circle though. Sega's doing what Nintendon't!
I would also love for NOA to make use of Chris Borders. Especially as he uses many VAs who don't have as much roles or recognition as others have.