Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > Upcoming Theatrical Features

Upcoming Theatrical Features Catch up on the hype surrounding the latest upcoming theatrical features.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
electronic456

Default "Spider-Man: He's Feeling Better Now, Mr. Stark" (July 2019)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYtuKyMtY8

Witness the might of Mysterio.
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
TheVengeanceKnight

Default Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home

I was gonna post a thread but you beat me to it, lol

Random thoughts:
- I like how this trailer seemed to emphasize on Spider-Man and his supporting cast, and even though Fury & Happy were in it they didn't beat you over the head with his presence, which was really, REALLY annoying with the marketing for Homecoming & Tony's presence there.
- Surprised that May is cool with Peter's Spider-Man escapades when the end of Homecoming suggested otherwise. Speaking of which, I hope we do get a flashback to her immediate reaction to that, like how in Daredevil Season 3 we got to see Karen's immediate reaction to Matt revealing himself as Daredevil, which The Defenders skipped.
- I've said it since Homecoming, Stark/Avengers Tower is gonna be the new Oscorp building.
- The suitcase says BFP...this is probably the most directly they acknowledged Uncle Ben in the MCU.
- I know they've said that Michelle isn't supposed to be a Mary Jane analog, but it's weird seeing her referred to as "MJ".
- 60s Spider-Man theme! I was never that enamored by that theme originally, but Giacchino's version of it in Homecoming was very cool.
- WEB-PITS
- Yeah, Mysterio is totally the secret (?) Big Bad here. I mean, his whole gimmick is being a stage magician, which involves trickery and deception, so it makes sense that the filmmakers would try to trick the audience with his true allegiances for this movie, too.
- Showing Flash as a Spider-Man fanboy while insulting Peter was a great note to end the trailer on.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
Autovolt

Default Re: "Spider-Man: He's Feeling Better Now, Mr. Stark" (July 2019)

Looks pretty fun, i like the change to a European setting for the movie.

Mysterio, I'm interested to see how he plays out here. Was not expecting "Sandman", "Molten Man" or "Hydro Man", not sure how they all work but it reminds me of a script concept I had for a Spider-Man movie where they are all created as minions for the villain of the movie.

I dig the Spider-Man theme remix here.
Autovolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
Torak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
- Yeah, Mysterio is totally the secret (?) Big Bad here. I mean, his whole gimmick is being a stage magician, which involves trickery and deception, so it makes sense that the filmmakers would try to trick the audience with his true allegiances for this movie, too.

I get the feeling Mysterio is going to be one of those villains where comic book fans will see his gimmicks coming and may be more disappointed with him, whilst causal Spidey film go-ers (like myself) won't know much about him and are likely to be more impressed by him. Of course, it all comes down to writing, characterisation and execution in the end, but previous knowledge aside I'm sure he'll be a fun villain.

I was a little unsure of Jake Gyllenhaal being cast at first, but then again he is a powerhouse actor and I'm certain will do great.
Torak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torak View Post
I get the feeling Mysterio is going to be one of those villains where comic book fans will see his gimmicks coming and may be more disappointed with him, whilst causal Spidey film go-ers (like myself) won't know much about him and are likely to be more impressed by him. Of course, it all comes down to writing, characterisation and execution in the end, but previous knowledge aside I'm sure he'll be a fun villain.

I was a little unsure of Jake Gyllenhaal being cast at first, but then again he is a powerhouse actor and I'm certain will do great.
Not even his first Marvel role either....I mean he was Nightcrawler after all.
Autovolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Torak

Ha Ha! I get it...

I get jokes.
Torak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
Music Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Not even his first Marvel role either....I mean he was Nightcrawler after all.
Took me a moment to get it.