Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > DC & Marvel

DC & Marvel Discuss DC & Marvel properties Here

Old 01-05-2019   #91
Abdullab

Default Re: Young Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm glad Greg Cipes is doing a more normal version of his Beast Boy voice. The recasting would've been all the more jarring if he used his typical, cartoony, voice for Garfield.

Oh hey, Grey Griffin reprising Donna (this time minus accent). It's kind of amusing to see her alternate between voicing Diana and Donna like this.

So Aqualad gets bumped up but we have Black Lightning to fill in the spot of a Khary Payton-voiced main character.
I`m glad grey removed the accent sure it was used for comedy in the super best friends forever shrots but it could get annoying at times too.

what is funny was years ago someone asked greg on his site why he did not cast Greg as beast boy in YJ. He wasn`t inclined to get any Teen titans reprisals plus he was too old to play BB since logan Grove played him at age 8 in season 1 and decided to keep him for S2

https://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=16535

Last edited by Abdullab; 01-05-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019   #92
Autovolt

Man Greg Cipes now playing the YJ Beast Boy is a bit surreal but kinda neat, I think him using his Iron Fist voice fits a lot, I like that it's different and not the exact same as his Teen Titans/Teen Titans Go! voices.

JAT as G. Gordon Godfrey....I'm a bit iffy on this one. I get that Tim Curry still isn't the best shape after his stroke back in 2012 so I get the recast but I find JAT sounds a little too cartoony at times but he shows promise some of his line delivery can sound a bit menacing considering the true nature of the character and that he's basically putting on an act it works. It's uneven but I still prefer it over the DCAU voice but Tim Curry still played him best.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019   #93
Shaun Ince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
I`m glad grey removed the accent sure it was used for comedy in the super best friends forever shrots but it could get annoying at times too.

what is funny was years ago someone asked greg on his site why he did not cast Greg as beast boy in YJ. He wasn`t inclined to get any Teen titans reprisals plus he was too old to play BB since logan Grove played him at age 8 in season 1 and decided to keep him for S2

https://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=16535
Would have been cool to see how Logan Grove would have handled Beast Boy if he was still voice acting. I do like that they bought Greg Cipes as well as the new voice that he gave him.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019   #94
Abdullab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Ince View Post
Would have been cool to see how Logan Grove would have handled Beast Boy if he was still voice acting. I do like that they bought Greg Cipes as well as the new voice that he gave him.
Yeh i would have loved to see Logan see what he did with BB. my big problem was it reminded me of Gumball, I get that was his regular voice at the time but distracting for me but given how he has hit puberty i wonder how his voice for the character been like but respect his decision and surprised by greg`s new voice for him

Last edited by Abdullab; 01-08-2019 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-07-2019   #95
Foxwolf
Administrator

Anyone able to identify the character "Wilhelm Peters" in the 2nd and 3rd eps voiced by Steve Blum? The only voiced character not credited is the royal bodyguard to Brion and Gregor, although the name Wilhelm Peters doesn't sound very Markovian.
Old 01-08-2019   #96
Abdullab

so they released part 1 of the a a documentary series in dcu called bringing back Young Justice where they talked to the writers in how the process works.

Nicole is back as Iris West and writer too.

https://twitter.com/Thomas_Dreyfuss/...19755377639425
Old 01-08-2019   #97
Abdullab

Lacey Chabert is back as Zatanna too.

https://twitter.com/YJWiki/status/1082770900133576704
Old 01-11-2019   #98
Abdullab

well once and for all we know Bryton is back as static.

Ben diskin as orion would have been a nice choice but his voice sounding similar to his rhino not the right choice I get he`s a son of darkseid but would have worked on kalibak. Ben should have used his Nova or let Josh reprise. However his performance as
Ma'alefa'ak was good i prefer it more than carl lumbly.

Lauren tom is thirteen nice voice for her.

Back to josh he`s back as black spider and is now the voice of red hood that`s cool.

We should propably get a "Batman Inc" episode hopefully next week. in addition to the reprisals we had in season 3 and cameron bowen has confirmed he reprised tim for this season. all that`s left ia arrowette.katana (britt baron and gwendoline yeo have been leaked to be on the show but their roles are unkown currently), hardware and metamorpho
Old 01-12-2019   #99
TheDayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
well once and for all we know Bryton is back as static.

Ben diskin as orion would have been a nice choice but his voice sounding similar to his rhino not the right choice I get he`s a son of darkseid but would have worked on kalibak. Ben should have used his Nova or let Josh reprise. However his performance as
Ma'alefa'ak was good i prefer it more than carl lumbly.

Lauren tom is thirteen nice voice for her.

Back to josh he`s back as black spider and is now the voice of red hood that`s cool.

We should propably get a "Batman Inc" episode hopefully next week. in addition to the reprisals we had in season 3 and cameron bowen has confirmed he reprised tim for this season. all that`s left ia arrowette.katana (britt baron and gwendoline yeo have been leaked to be on the show but their roles are unkown currently), hardware and metamorpho
Yeah, Josh Keaton is a nice choice to play Red Hood. Too bad he only said one word in the new episodes.
TheDayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019   #100
Abdullab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDayman View Post
Yeah, Josh Keaton is a nice choice to play Red Hood. Too bad he only said one word in the new episodes.
We still have more episode left. I'm sure they will address it