Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 12-08-2018   #71
technickal

Default Re: Star Fox 64 3D: The Case of Dave White

So he ended up praising his own performance after all. Heh, oh well. Glad we’re all cleared up on this series...for the time being, at least.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018   #72
Nightmare Crusher
Training Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by technickal View Post
So he ended up praising his own performance after all. Heh, oh well. Glad we’re all cleared up on this series...for the time being, at least.
I'm pretty sure he was having a laugh by messing with us a little. "Gee, that Wolf voice sure is cool."

Have to admit, he got us good.

"She asked to borrow some sweatpants. Does that mean anything?" -SNaG on life's greatest mysteries.
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018   #73
Nightmare Crusher
Training Moderator

For the record I wanted to square away a couple of additional voices in SF 64 3D. Mark Lund's website indicated he did something other than Falco so he must be at least one of these.

Granga Pilot: https://youtu.be/5QtIc3ohdqI

Meteo Crusher Pilot: https://youtu.be/tdljmb-OJN4

My thinking is that the Granga Pilot is Mark's role since he sounds a little older and has some resemblance to a really exaggerated Falco. Meanwhile the Meteo Crusher Pilot I believe is Jaz Adams. He sounds fairly young and high pitched in a few spots. (If this does not work! I can't believe I lost to this scum!)

"She asked to borrow some sweatpants. Does that mean anything?" -SNaG on life's greatest mysteries.
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018   #74
Jacob M. Keene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyBoyboy View Post
And seeing as how Wolf and Leon sound similar in SF64 3D, that must mean that Leon is also voiced by Mike West too.
Seeing as how Mike voiced James McCloud which is obviously another deep voice, I think that's possible even if unlikely.
Jacob M. Keene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018   #75
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob M. Keene View Post
Seeing as how Mike voiced James McCloud which is obviously another deep voice, I think that's possible even if unlikely.
JA GREEN LITERALLY SAID IT'S HiM.
Old 12-09-2018   #76
Jacob M. Keene

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
JA GREEN LITERALLY SAID IT'S HiM.
Sorry, I must've missed an important detail.
Old 12-09-2018   #77
Jacob M. Keene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob M. Keene View Post
Sorry, I must've missed an important detail.
Yep, I forgot about that important detail.
Old 01-07-2019   #78
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

So I asked Mike West a while ago if he was Wolf in Ultimate. He then said Wolf in Ultimate and Starlink is Jay Ward which threw a whole wrench in things. Jay Ward said it's not him in 64 3D and Zero. Casting director for Starlink said it was Mike as Wolf. None of it adds up and I am in the hospital getting my wall-induced concussion treated.

I still haven't heard back from Jay Ward himself, but we emailed Kim Hurdon again to clarify because her word has been the most definitive so far.

...basically, she got Wolf and Fox mixed up. It IS Jay Ward as Wolf in Starlink and therefore SSBU.

Still waiting for Jay Ward to clarify about 64 3D and Zero, but IF his statement from 2016 about not being Wolf in 64 3D/Zero holds, and Mike's statement that 64 3D "sounds like him" but Starlink is someone else also adds up:

- Mike IS Wolf... in 64 3D and Zero only
- And either way, Jay IS Wolf in Starlink and SSBU (officially)

All of this mess could've been avoided if Nintendo just credited their actors.

Last edited by NCZ; 01-07-2019 at 07:39 PM.
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #79
Ragnellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
All of this mess could've been avoided if Nintendo just credited their actors.
Just out of curiosity, why DO a lot of video games that credit the English cast at all not bother lining up characters to the actors? And for that matter, why is it so inconsistent which games do it? Like, you have games such as Xenoblade X and Fire Emblem Awakening that match up most of the actors, but then games like Star Fox (barring Adventures and Assault, IIRC) and Smash Brothers just give a wall of names. Is it really just laziness? If a big AAA game like LA Noire, which has probably over a hundred characters, can give a more comprehensive cast list than a game with much fewer characters, that's seriously frustrating.

Apologies if this post is off-topic or rude or anything like that, this kind of stuff has just been bothering me for awhile now.
Ragnellius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019   #80
technickal

*sigh* And back down the rabbit hole we go. I should've known that email response made too much sense to be true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnellius View Post
Just out of curiosity, why DO a lot of video games that credit the English cast at all not bother lining up characters to the actors? And for that matter, why is it so inconsistent which games do it? Like, you have games such as Xenoblade X and Fire Emblem Awakening that match up most of the actors, but then games like Star Fox (barring Adventures and Assault, IIRC) and Smash Brothers just give a wall of names. Is it really just laziness? If a big AAA game like LA Noire, which has probably over a hundred characters, can give a more comprehensive cast list than a game with much fewer characters, that's seriously frustrating.

Apologies if this post is off-topic or rude or anything like that, this kind of stuff has just been bothering me for awhile now.
It's a practice stemming from old cartoons when it was just easier to credit every voice actor who was available in the studio at the time in bulk rather than match them up to the characters every episode. Not sure how it extended to video games, but that was the mentality for at the time. It became archaic as the voiceover industry began to gain more mainstream recognition, but this is another one of those things Nintendo is just stuck in the past about unfortunately.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote