Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 02-13-2018   #1
FanGuy67
Training Moderator

Post SSX on Tour

Here I am again with another SSX game on the "Whose Voice is This?" forum. SSX on Tour is the fourth game in the franchise. Almost all the voice actors are from Canada. Here's what I know so far (were only focusing on the human characters):

Kaori - Alex Price
Mac - Joseph May
Sid - Alfred Liu
Nate - Michael Dobson
Psymon - Allistar Abell
Allegra - Hynden Walch
Tyson - Andrew Francis
Mario and Luigi - Charles Martinet (GameCube version)

The only characters that I don't know which voice actress voiced that character are:
Elise
Skye
Zoe
Peach (GameCube version)

These are the rest of the female voice actors in this game (excluding additional voices):
Maria Dimou
Kara Elissa
Samantha Ferris
Jillian Michaels
Tabitha St. Germain

Here are some videos with that character along with time stamps (you're going to have to excuse the game commentary):
Elise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ucixWc1CcA (2:48-2:52, 4:39-4:44)
Skye https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qALt...9ECxs&index=18 (23:53-23:56, 24:15-24:17)
Zoe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiIVIVC98Sk (11:21-11:26, 14:00-14:03)
Peach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dkwgl6fRRY (watch the whole video) This may be a tough one because Samantha Kelly is not in this game.

Fun fact: Mario, Luigi, and Peach were guest characters in the GameCube version of SSX on Tour. Yep, some of the unlockable characters were different depending on what system you own for that game.

Last edited by FanGuy67; 04-05-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Did something with the globe symbol.
FanGuy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018   #2
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Default Re: SSX on Tour

This was before Sam Kelly started voicing Peach. Seems like they reused older clips since I recognize a few of Jen Taylor's from other games (e.g. this one is from Melee). Nicole Mills was also voicing her in some games around the time before they settled on Samantha but I definitely recognize Jen's work in there.

PS - Hell yeah at Jurassic 5 in the soundtrack!
Old 02-28-2018   #3
FanGuy67
Training Moderator

Post Re: SSX on Tour

[QUOTE=NCZ;137817]This was before Sam Kelly started voicing Peach. Seems like they reused older clips since I recognize a few of Jen Taylor's from other games (e.g. this one is from Melee). Nicole Mills was also voicing her in some games around the time before they settled on Samantha but I definitely recognize Jen's work in there.

Hmm... so I guess Jen Taylor was uncredited for this game. There's a few other things I should mention. Some of the remaining voice actresses I've mentioned didn't have a lot of acting roles while some have a voice acting career, so I will add some other shows that each of these actresses were in.

Maria Dimou:
Ms. Von Troll from Trollz

Kara Elissa:
She only had two rolls: SSX on Tour and Actors Entertainment. In Actors Entertainment, she played herself in the episode "ActorsE Chat with the Charlies and Yi Tian."

Samantha Ferris:
She had two video game roles, and I see you guys have clips. Those were CSI: Dark Motives and CSI. After listing to the sound clips, she might've played Zoe on SSX on Tour.

Jillian Michaels:
Shippo from Inuyasha
Lloyd from Lego Ninjago
I remember watching Ninjago, and I was remembering Lloyd's child voice. It's possible that she might've played Skye on SSX on Tour.

Tabitha St. German (I am not a brony, so you bronies can figure out which one from the main cast who was played by St. Germain):
Naomi Misora from Death Note
That's only her mature roles that I know, so It could be possible that she played Elise on SSX on Tour.

There are two more SSX games after SSX on Tour: SSX Blur and SSX (2012). Did those games had voice acting? Yes, they did, but there's a catch. SSX Blur only had one voice actor and that's the DJ. The playable characters for SSX Blur were silent. As for the 2012 game, it had voice acting, but EA didn't tell us who were the voice actors were.
Old 04-05-2018   #4
CerealBoxHead46
Training Moderator

You are indeed correct about Samantha being Zoe. All her voices seem to be roughly the same, and this is just that same voice again but with more yelling.

I also agree on Jillian as Skye. It's pretty much a dead ringer for her Meia, just with an Aussie accent.

Elise isn't Tabitha, though; not high-pitched enough. Maria confirms on her resume that the character she played was one of the playable ones:
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/93d3a...4d094a9fc0.pdf

...and from what you've said so far, these are the only playable characters in the games, so it seems that Elise would fall to Maria. Comparing Elise's clips to Maria's commercial demo, there is a definite resemblance there, so that's how I'm assigning it.
https://www.mariadimou.com/demos

However, this does seem to create a problem with the role designation given that Tabitha and the unknown Kara are both without defined roles. Are you sure this is all the characters in the game? Are there different characters in other versions of the game? Are there NPCs with speaking roles? (I'm trying to find those GameCube credits to see if they credit Martinet and whoever voiced Peach so we can clear things up there.)

E
CerealBoxHead46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018   #5
CerealBoxHead46
Training Moderator

Welp, I saw they didn't have the GameCube creds on MobyGames, so I just emulated the GameCube version. Hence:

So Charles is credited, but he's the only difference. I know they reused some of Jen's clips, but I thought it might be a situation like Nintendo sometimes does where they use clips from multiple different VAs (like with Diddy Kong in Toadstool Tour, for example). Ah, well, at least we can pin Jen to it. And now you have some physical credits for when you request this.

E
Old 04-05-2018   #6
FanGuy67
Training Moderator

Yes, the ten SSX characters were the playable characters (including Mario, Luigi, and Peach). There are unlockable characters, but I do remember that they never speak. If you’re wondering what the unlockable characters were: a rockstar named Nigel, a unicorn, a yeti, a viking, a skeleton with a mustache, and a member of the ski patrol. Of course the yeti, the skeleton, the Viking, and the ski patrol guy were only in the PS2 and the original Xbox version.
Old 04-06-2018   #7
CerealBoxHead46
Training Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanGuy67 View Post
Yes, the ten SSX characters were the playable characters (including Mario, Luigi, and Peach). There are unlockable characters, but I do remember that they never speak. If you’re wondering what the unlockable characters were: a rockstar named Nigel, a unicorn, a yeti, a viking, a skeleton with a mustache, and a member of the ski patrol. Of course the yeti, the skeleton, the Viking, and the ski patrol guy were only in the PS2 and the original Xbox version.
Well that's unfortunate. If you can't think of anyone else whom the women could have voiced, I guess they'll just have to go under additional voices. (I really hate doing that in things where all the credits are just a block of names, but if you gotta, you gotta.)

E
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
FanGuy67
Training Moderator

It turns out IMDb is wrong about Hynden Walch voicing Allegra. I took a listen to Allegra in the game and I don't think that's her. My guess is that IMDb was trying to figure out who voices who for that game a long time ago before I tried to figure out who voices who earlier in 2018.

33:34 and 34:42.

We still have these remaining voice actresses:
Kara Elissa
Tabitha St. German
Barbara Tyson

Kara only did voice work for this game so I can't tell you if she voiced Allegra.

I've been listening to Barbra's voice demos' on her site, and I don't think she voiced Allegra.

That leaves us to Tabitha. Is it possible that she voiced Allegra?

Last edited by FanGuy67; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:08 PM. Reason: Grammar check.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
thomwim

I don't hear Tabitha at all. Kara Elissa seems more likely.

This game was the bomb back in the day. I played it all the time on the Xbox.