Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 10-09-2018   #1
Umino

Default Sailor Moon CWI Dub Cast

Ever since the CWI dub premiered back in 2000, I've been trying to create an accurate list of all of the voice actors. There's been a lot of incorrect information floating around, and I want to fix all of that.

Sailor Moon S
Serena Tsukino - Linda Ballantyne
Amy Mizuno - Liza Balkan
Raye Hino - Katie Griffin
Lita - Susan Roman
Mina - Emilie Barlow
Darien - Vince Corrozza
Luna - Jill Frappier
Artemis - Ron Robin

Amara Tenou - Sarah Lafleur
Michelle Kaiou - Barbara Radecki
Trista Meiou - Susan Aceron
Hotaru Tomoe - Jennifer Gould

Dr. Souichi Tomoe - Jeff Lumby
Kaorinite - Kristen Bishop
Eugeal - Loretta Jafelice
Mimet - Catherine Disher
Telulu - Julie Lemieux ("Destiny's Arrival" only)
Byruit - Daniela Oliveri ("Destiny's Arrival" only)
Cyprine - Julie Lemieux ("Heightened Hazard" only), Naomi Emmerson
Petirol - Sara Sahr

Episodic Characters (In Order of Appearance)
Andrew - Steven Bednarski
Anthony Kameda - Damon D'Oliveira
Michelle's Fan - Damon D'Oliveira
Violinist - Tony Daniels
Elizabeth - Catherine Disher
Molly - Mary Long
Melvin - Roland Parliament
MC - Tony Daniels
Bob - Damon D'Oliveira
Contestant with Band-aid - Naomi Emmerson
Die Heart - Mary Long
Vice Principal - Tony Daniels
Dovelin - Mary Long
Katsutoshi Yamada - Tony Daniels
Yamada's Comrade - Steven Bednarski
Chad - Damon D'Oliveira
Grandpa Hino - John Stocker
Toden - Mary Long
Cenicienta - Mary Long
Maya - Mary Long
Tamasaburou - Catherine Disher
Kakusui Yakushiji - Jason Barr
Daruma - Maria Vacratsis
Hurdler - Maria Vacratsis
The Chiseler - Maria Vacratsis
Witches 5 Members - Julie Lemieux (Telulu), Daniela Oliveri (Byruit), Naomi Emmerson (Cyprine)
Sammy Tsukino - Julie Lemieux
Joshua Eda - Damon D'Oliveira
Charles Henry Clarke - Tony Daniels
Jonah Araki - David Fraser
Yuu Kazama - David Fraser
Kenny Bayashi - David Fraser
Shawn Hayes - Jason Barr
Witches 5 Member (Cyprine) - Julie Lemieux
Sergei Asimov - David Fraser
Security Guard - Tony Daniels
Telulu's Customer - Tony Daniels
Doctor - Tony Daniels

Sailor Moon SuperS

* Voice cast of the Inners, cats, and Tuxedo Mask are the same from S

Helios/Pegasus - Rowan Tichenor
Diana - Loretta Jafelice
Andrew - Steven Bednarski
Ikuko Tsukino - Barbara Radecki
Sammy Tsukino - Julie Lemieux
Melanie - Mary Long (first half only)

Tiger's Eye - Jason Barr
Hawk's Eye - Benji Plener
Fisheye - Deborah Drakeford
Besu Besu - Karyn Dwyer
Para Para - Jennifer Gould

Episodic Characters (In Order of Appearance)
Nameless Remless - Tony Daniels, Julie Lemieux, David Fraser
Rita Blake - Sara Sahr
Danko - Julie Lemieux
Molly - Mary Long
Melvin - Roland Parliament
Juggling Jackal - Julie Lemieux
Puko - Jill Frappier
Sister of First Church - Jennifer Gould
Kigurumiko - Jill Frappier
Tenko - Daniela Oliveri
Ms. Morino - Mary Long
Hebihanabiko - Julie Lemieux
Grandpa Hino - David Fraser
Chad - Jason Barr
Mizugeiko - Sara Sahr
Tsunawatarou - Robert Bockstael
Natsumi Ichinose - Daniela Oliveri
Miharu - Mary Long
Samurai - David Fraser
Gomu Mario - David Fraser
Movie Trailer Narrator - Tony Daniels
Ichiro Ohno - Tony Daniels
Thug - Tony Daniels
Beach Vendor - Tony Daniels
Yamagishi - Jason Barr
Balloon Vendor - Tony Daniels
Elephanko - Jill Frappier
Tobihaneru - David Fraser
Mister Magic Pierrot - David Fraser
Toshiyuki Nishino - David Fraser
Kyoko - Julie Lemieux
Old Dentist - Tony Daniels
Bob - David Fraser
GariGari - Julie Lemieux
JaraJara - Julie Lemieux
Teacher - David Fraser
PakuPaku - David Fraser
BiriBiri - David Fraser
Maid - Julie Lemiuex
Servant - David Fraser

A lot of the actors in the CWI dub didn't do a lot of voicework. Sara Sahr confirmed the characters I've listed. She also claims she voiced some "cats". I'm guessing she did cat noises for "Crystal Clear Again"? Damon D'Oliveira did a lot of additional voices in the S dub, he was a regular with Optimum Productions.

Despite the fact she's listed in the SS credits, Daniela Oliveri did not do any major voice work in the series. Same goes for Robert Bockstael. Rowan Tichenor confirmed via Facebook he voiced Helios, not Zirconia. It's possible Tony Daniels is the voice of Zirconia (doing a Yoda impression), but I'm not confident enough to confirm this.

The woman who voices Byruit also voices Elza Grey in "Related by Destiny", U-Tomodachi in "Shadow of Silence", and Elizabeth in SuperS. I thought it was Daniela, but their voices are slightly different.

And for the last time, Susan Aceron only voiced Sailor Pluto.
Umino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018   #2
Autovolt

Default Re: Sailor Moon CWI Dub Cast

Huh so Robert Bockstael wasn't Helios but he was still Prince Demande/Diamond right?
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018   #3
Umino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Huh so Robert Bockstael wasn't Helios but he was still Prince Demande/Diamond right?
Yes, he voiced Prince Diamond in the DIC dub. In the CWI dub, he voiced Remless Tsunawatarou from the episode, "Phony Fairy". Despite that being a minor, one episode role, he's one of the few actors to appear in the ending credits.
Old 10-10-2018   #4
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Sailor Moon CWI Dub Cast

Interesting find. I wondered if Zirconia is another David Fraser role myself, but not too sure.

Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018   #5
whyofbladez

Good work. I assume you're the creator of a similar thread that I saw on a Sailor Moon forum when researching about the dubs for a wiki project, which disappeared when it came time to actually create the pages. I knew a lot of them were bogus, but due to my unfamiliarity with the Toronto talent pool, I kind of had to take them at face-value.

You might want to consider making a thread in the "Whose Voice is This?" section; might get others to help you possibly make an identification you couldn't on your own.
whyofbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018   #6
Umino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
Interesting find. I wondered if Zirconia is another David Fraser role myself, but not too sure.
It's possible. It could be anyone that is able to pull off a Yoda impression. I feel like it's probably Tony Daniels, since he's listed in the credits and did a lot of voices throughout the season.

I actually found out about Sara Sahr though David Fraser. I was researching his live action roles, and she was in one of his RoboCop movies. I was able to find her on twitter, and she was able to confirm the roles I listed.

Quote:
Good work. I assume you're the creator of a similar thread that I saw on a Sailor Moon forum when researching about the dubs for a wiki project, which disappeared when it came time to actually create the pages. I knew a lot of them were bogus, but due to my unfamiliarity with the Toronto talent pool, I kind of had to take them at face-value.

You might want to consider making a thread in the "Whose Voice is This?" section; might get others to help you possibly make an identification you couldn't on your own.
Yes! I recently updated it and posted it again. A previous mod here suggested I share the information.

I was thinking that, but since so many people have misidentified many roles in Sailor Moon, I'm a bit hesitant. The fact that people think Kirsten Bishop voiced Telulu, or that Susan Aceron voiced 90% of the female cast is very telling.
Old 10-12-2018   #7
A-Log

Great job on your research. I've always thought Tony Daniels voiced Zirconia because of the Yoda impression. Doesn't surprise me that Tony also did a few impressions for "Celebrity Deathmatch" in the late 90's. (Bill Gates, Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart in an unaired fight.)

Didn't know they had at least one uncredited actress in Sara Sahr.

Still surprised that Bockstael wasn't Pegasus, since I could've sworn he sounded like Prince Diamond.

And thanks for letting me know that David Fraser voiced Mister Magic Pierrot; if someone finds a clip of that, I'll be a happy man; since that little bugger was hilarious. (Also, some people claim that John Stocker voiced this clown, but I doubt it.)
A-Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018   #8
Umino

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Log View Post
Great job on your research. I've always thought Tony Daniels voiced Zirconia because of the Yoda impression. Doesn't surprise me that Tony also did a few impressions for "Celebrity Deathmatch" in the late 90's. (Bill Gates, Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart in an unaired fight.)

Didn't know they had at least one uncredited actress in Sara Sahr.

Still surprised that Bockstael wasn't Pegasus, since I could've sworn he sounded like Prince Diamond.

And thanks for letting me know that David Fraser voiced Mister Magic Pierrot; if someone finds a clip of that, I'll be a happy man; since that little bugger was hilarious. (Also, some people claim that John Stocker voiced this clown, but I doubt it.)
I think I might reach out to Tony and see if he can confirm. It makes no sense why they wouldn't credit Zirconia's actor.

I discovered Sara Sahr by accident. She was in one of the Robocop films with David Fraser. I contacted her on Twitter, and she was able to confirm the role of Rita, as well as Petirol. What a victory!

David did a lot of voices for Sailor Moon overall, even from the beginning. He's best known for Grandpa Hino, although for some reason John Stocker filed in for him in S.
Old 10-17-2018   #9
A-Log

Glad to hear it. I also remember looking on Wikipedia that Tony Rosato may have also done voice work for Sailor Moon. I highly doubt it, but I would be surprised if it were true. Sadly, can't ask the man himself; he's been dead since last year.
A-Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019   #10
whyofbladez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umino View Post
I was thinking that, but since so many people have misidentified many roles in Sailor Moon, I'm a bit hesitant. The fact that people think Kirsten Bishop voiced Telulu, or that Susan Aceron voiced 90% of the female cast is very telling.
Late response, but the worse that can happen is they're wrong... That's why this is a discussion forum. There are some people with a pretty good grasp on voice ID'ing here and Toronto's talent pool. At least here one can elaborate, unlike with much of the false attributions for the DiC/CWi dub appearing randomly on wikipedia with no sources or way of comparing, and people just taking them for their word. One good example to take a look at and see people putting the pieces together and eventually figuring it all out is the DBZ Big Green Dub forum.
whyofbladez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloverway, cwi, sailor moon