Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > DC & Marvel

DC & Marvel Discuss DC & Marvel properties Here

Old 12-04-2018   #1111
Shaun Ince

Default Re: Avengers Assemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
So in the mid season finale they killed off Captain America. He is not coming back according to a staff member.

https://twitter.com/harrisonwilcox/s...731022848?s=19
That's a pretty bold move coming from them. I thought they would have played it safe and kept him around.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018   #1112
Troodon2

Yeah I felt this mid season finale kind'a underwhelmed, I felt this whole series was so close and yet so far.

Now I can't say the finale was completely bad, for one it did raise the stakes of political tension that could potentially lead to stories similar to the Avatar series (Though I doubt they would) but on the other hand it completely derails a lot that was built up and established.

Of course THAT's not Black Widow, any six your old would know that, and honestly Cap's death felt unceremonious; now don't take me to mean that a character should never ever die in a superhero show, but there was no build up to this, nor was there an honorable grief, it's just there to make T'Challa a scapegoat, and it just makes everyone look like a fool.

I get Hawkeye's tension towards T'Challa for Whitney (that's about as close to a romantic arc as we can get btw) but you'd think someone as experienced with spies like him would pick up on something suspect about a character like Black Widow as we've seen several times before. (at least in the comics or of course EMH) As for everyone else wanting to take him in, remember he's the king of Wakanda, he has diplomatic policies that would allow him to return by right. Oh but don't think T'Challa is in the right either.

Not just for his actions at the very end of this episode, but even through out the series T'Challa's been arrogant and head strong, and even self-righteous. I mean to be fair he is still human so of course he's not perfect, but even then his arrogance and pride got the better of him when he should have made better discussions that wouldn't put people at risk.

Like for example, when Attuma came to apprehend Tiger Shark on land T'challa should have explained that Tiger Shark was trifling with Wakanna affairs for invading his embassy and stealing Wakkandan property. And then of course there's his trust with Zemo, which we all knew was just a ruse, so in that regard White Wolf was in the right to be hostile towards him. (Then again he did cause an outage and release Man-Ape from prison)

I know it's just midseason, but as I see it Panther Quest was both a step forward and backward at the same time. But hopefully the creative team can turn that around with the rest of the season and make something a little different with what they've got.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018   #1113
Frontier

Does anyone else think Travis Willingham's Thor voice sounds more...gargly, I guess? Is it because they're adapting to how he would sound with a beard?
Quote:
So in the mid season finale they killed off Captain America. He is not coming back according to a staff member.

https://twitter.com/harrisonwilcox/s...731022848?s=19
Y'know, they're kind of joking about it so I'm not sure how serious it is.

But if true, at least he got to go out with one last "Avengers Assemble."

And, hey, I think he's showing up in the WWII episode later this season so there's that. And he's still alive in the Marvel Rising and Marvel's Spider-Man universe.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019   #1114
Abdullab

So Winter soldier appeared again finally but it ain`t Bob Bergen. They got Matt Lanter to voice him.

Anakin and Luke have been the Winter Soldier
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019   #1115
Shaun Ince

Quote:
So Winter soldier appeared again finally but it ain`t Bob Bergen. They got Matt Lanter to voice him.

Anakin and Luke have been the Winter Soldier
Wow, they can't even keep one voice for this guy huh lol. Good ol Avengers Assemble and their cast changes.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019   #1116
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

And they also replaced Drake Bell with Robbie Daymond as Spidey for some reason! :v
BTVA: A fansite where 8-10 people, in their spare time, try to catalogue 75+ years of the voiceover industry and, in return, occassionally get noses thumbed at them for not being 100% complete. We do our best.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019   #1117
sofiablythe2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
And they also replaced Drake Bell with Robbie Daymond as Spidey for some reason! :v
It's probably to maintain continuity with Marvel's Spiderman since Ultimate Spiderman ended. Vulture also appears, with Alistair Duncan reprising the role from the former rather than Tom Kenny from the latter.
sofiablythe2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019   #1118
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiablythe2014 View Post
It's probably to maintain continuity with Marvel's Spiderman since Ultimate Spiderman ended. Vulture also appears, with Alistair Duncan reprising the role from the former rather than Tom Kenny from the latter.
...Yeah, I know. I was making a joke about how the current string of Marvel shows can't decide which continuity they take part of.
BTVA: A fansite where 8-10 people, in their spare time, try to catalogue 75+ years of the voiceover industry and, in return, occassionally get noses thumbed at them for not being 100% complete. We do our best.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #1119
Frontier

I can write-off replacing Spidey's VA with Panther's Quest being it's own thing distinct from past Avenger seasons, especially when there's already been discrepancies with past seasons.

I just found it more amusing that they finally remembered Bucky/Winter Solider and recast him a second time. And with Matt Lanter, of all people.

I also thought it was cool that Trevor Devall wrote the second half. I think I remember him writing a Guardians episode, but I might be thinking of Will Friedle.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #1120
sofiablythe2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I can write-off replacing Spidey's VA with Panther's Quest being it's own thing distinct from past Avenger seasons, especially when there's already been discrepancies with past seasons.

I just found it more amusing that they finally remembered Bucky/Winter Solider and recast him a second time. And with Matt Lanter, of all people.

I also thought it was cool that Trevor Devall wrote the second half. I think I remember him writing a Guardians episode, but I might be thinking of Will Friedle.
Trevor Devall's writing credits are only for this series. Will Friedle's writing credits include Thundercats 2011 (since he voices the main character), Teen Titans Go (since he voices Kid Flash), Girl Meets World (since he's reprising his Boy Meets World role), and the 2015 incarnation of Transformers Robots In Disguise (since he voices Bumblebee).
sofiablythe2014 is offline   Reply With Quote