Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > General TV Discussion

General TV Discussion Non-Show specific TV Discussion can be found here.

Old 12-21-2018   #61
Autovolt

Default Re: FRENZY IS BLUE, RUMBLE IS RED, TRANSFORMERS GENERAL CHAD THREAD (by popular deman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDVzRn5FP0

Garry Chalk and Richard Newman did a Beast Wars related Christmas video.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019   #62
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Default Re: FRENZY IS BLUE, RUMBLE IS RED, TRANSFORMERS GENERAL CHAD THREAD (by popular deman

The next TF series is... War for Cybertron!?

I have mixed thoughts on some of the details making it sound like a successor to the Prime Wars Trilogy, but Hasbro, I will forgive you if you give us a new game to go with...
Old 02-15-2019   #63
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
The next TF series is... War for Cybertron!?

I have mixed thoughts on some of the details making it sound like a successor to the Prime Wars Trilogy, but Hasbro, I will forgive you if you give us a new game to go with...
The fact they're gonna reuse a lot of the same staff members as Prime Wars Machinima series....that's what worries me including it's Show Runner.

I just hope this time this is a full series and not like 11 minute episodes, we got enough of that as is, I know RID2015 ended like in 2017 but like man Transformers works better as a full 22 minute episode series than 11 minutes which always feels rushed the pacing.

Hopefully this time, the voice direction is better than the Prime Wars Machinima series. Aside from a few performances like Jason Marnocha as Megatron or Mark Hamill as Megatronus/The Fallen....a lot of the voice work is below average/subpar or down right unpleasant/poorly acted, as if there was only one take in some cases. I bet they will have Peter Cullen return as Optimus. I don't think it will be non-union like Combiner Wars or the Cyberverse and RBA cartoons. I just hope they assemble a better cast, sure I did like having more Kari Wahlgren, Patrick Seitz and Mark Hamill in my Transformers and they were some of the better VA's in the series but you also had FRIGGIN MatPat in this. Hopefully they pick better actors this time around and at least from a casting and voice acting, it feels more professional. Hopefully an actual experienced voice director who knows what they're doing gets the job, regardless if it's recorded at Bang Zoom, Studiopolis, NYAV Post, Salami Studios, maybe even Sound Cadence or whatever studio they choose, just get someone competent in charge and not the bloke that the voice direction for Prime Wars but knowing my luck it'll be him.

I hope they actually learned from their mistakes, I've wanted a Netflix Transformers show for a while now. DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME, as low as my expectations are.

as for a new video game....well NCZ there's this coming soon, i dunno what it'll be like but it's something.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/15/...ffinity-382982
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019   #64
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

It's the same staff behind it and Machinima is Rooster Teeth now, and RT are producing, so yeah, I definitely get the vibe it's gonna be a continuation. And speaking of Machinima Netflix is basically the first place to go up from there while keeping it web.

Certain Affinity mostly makes multiplayer games/multiplayer modes for games, so that and the game being called TF Online makes it sound like it will be online focused. Hopefully there's still an SP campaign and it's not online only. If it's like Destiny then screw that, but an actual successor to WFC/FOC's MP would be brilliant.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #65
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
The fact they're gonna reuse a lot of the same staff members as Prime Wars Machinima series....that's what worries me including it's Show Runner.

I just hope this time this is a full series and not like 11 minute episodes, we got enough of that as is, I know RID2015 ended like in 2017 but like man Transformers works better as a full 22 minute episode series than 11 minutes which always feels rushed the pacing.

Hopefully this time, the voice direction is better than the Prime Wars Machinima series. Aside from a few performances like Jason Marnocha as Megatron or Mark Hamill as Megatronus/The Fallen....a lot of the voice work is below average/subpar or down right unpleasant/poorly acted, as if there was only one take in some cases. I bet they will have Peter Cullen return as Optimus. I don't think it will be non-union like Combiner Wars or the Cyberverse and RBA cartoons. I just hope they assemble a better cast, sure I did like having more Kari Wahlgren, Patrick Seitz and Mark Hamill in my Transformers and they were some of the better VA's in the series but you also had FRIGGIN MatPat in this. Hopefully they pick better actors this time around and at least from a casting and voice acting, it feels more professional. Hopefully an actual experienced voice director who knows what they're doing gets the job, regardless if it's recorded at Bang Zoom, Studiopolis, NYAV Post, Salami Studios, maybe even Sound Cadence or whatever studio they choose, just get someone competent in charge and not the bloke that the voice direction for Prime Wars but knowing my luck it'll be him.

I hope they actually learned from their mistakes, I've wanted a Netflix Transformers show for a while now. DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME, as low as my expectations are.

as for a new video game....well NCZ there's this coming soon, i dunno what it'll be like but it's something.

Jason Marnocha as Megatron justified, like, 80% of the Prime Wars trilogy existing.

But I am curious what the casting is going to be like for this. I hope we get more professional VA's and less Youtube stars, and maybe even bring back some classic VA's again? Especially with Cyberverse going for a completely new voice cast.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #66
IMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post

Given the location of the developer, it would be cool if that utilized a cast from Toronto and Texas. I think those are the only remaining major North American voice acting pools to have not done something Transformers related.
IMB is offline   Reply With Quote