Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Anime

Anime Discuss Anime Here

Old 07-10-2018   #81
8000 Saiyans

Default Re: Dragon Ball Super

R.I.P. the vocal cords of Bin Shimada and Vic Mignogna.
8000 Saiyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018   #82
The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
Alright everyone. Time to panic. The new movie is called Dragon Ball Super: Broly.

Broly.

Broly.

Toriyama has decided to salvage Broly and rework his character because of his popularity.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhsVhBdXUAEOKc0.jpg
Well, there went all my excitement for the movie.

The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018   #83
Kioea

To be fair - and I didn't think I could be with Broly - Toriyama stated on the official website that he's updated the character, and added a new side to him. Specifically, he said that, after watching the first three movies (possibly for the first time), "I felt this could be quite interesting once I rearrange some things." So this is going to be Toriyama's idea of Broly, not the version we all love/hate. I'm not one for predictions, but, depending on the execution, things could actually get interesting.
Kioea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018   #84
Kioea

It seems Paragus is coming back, too. Do you think they'll bring Dameon back, or give it to someone else this time?
Old 07-12-2018   #85
Shaun Ince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioea View Post
It seems Paragus is coming back, too. Do you think they'll bring Dameon back, or give it to someone else this time?
Imagine if somehow, they got Paul Bandey to reprise him. FUNimation goes out of their way to hire one of the actors from Paris/English talent pool.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018   #86
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8000 Saiyans View Post
R.I.P. the vocal cords of Bin Shimada and Vic Mignogna.
I just imagine Vic's reaction to seeing this...
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018   #87
Kioea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Ince View Post
Imagine if somehow, they got Paul Bandey to reprise him. FUNimation goes out of their way to hire one of the actors from Paris/English talent pool.
I would really love that, especially since he'd be playing the character with better scripts/direction. Having said that, I sadly don't think it's very likely. While Sabat has been great at casting people from other incarnations lately, the AB guys are sadly well off most people's radar. Heck, even three years later, they're still not that well known beyond this site - at least from what I've seen.
Old 07-12-2018   #88
Shaun Ince

Quote:
I would really love that, especially since he'd be playing the character with better scripts/direction. Having said that, I sadly don't think it's very likely. While Sabat has been great at casting people from other incarnations lately, the AB guys are sadly well off most people's radar. Heck, even three years later, they're still not that well known beyond this site - at least from what I've seen.
The only way I could see that happening is if FUNimation got the rights to the AB Group dubs of the movies and marketed it as a parody dub. That could get them on the radar. Though the downside it could end up turning into pointless mocking & they wouldn't be taken as seriously.
Old 07-12-2018   #89
Kioea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Ince View Post
The only way I could see that happening is if FUNimation got the rights to the AB Group dubs of the movies and marketed it as a parody dub. That could get them on the radar. Though the downside it could end up turning into pointless mocking & they wouldn't be taken as seriously.
Which would unfortunately put us back to where we were before their identities were known. It's actually amazing to think that things have come so far.

Having said that, the original AB releases didn't have credits, so FUNimation would have to add their own if that happened.
Old 07-12-2018   #90
Shaun Ince

Quote:
Which would unfortunately put us back to where we were before their identities were known. It's actually amazing to think that things have come so far.

Having said that, the original AB releases didn't have credits, so FUNimation would have to add their own if that happened.
I dunno if AB Group is still around, but if a French company was to license this movie & dub it into English, that's the only other way I could see this scenario happening. Just don't have Doug Rand as Broly. That was all sorts of weird.