Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 06-19-2018   #1
Devleen

Default Slam Dunk

Last edited by Devleen; 07-22-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: ...
Devleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018   #2
IMB

Default Re: Let's Try This Again. Believe Me; It's Worth It.

I'd hesitate to try to imply Robert Norman Smith's arrest had anything to do with weird voice changes or the demise of this dub. He got charged in February 2006. Razer picked up Air Master for a June 30, 2005 debut that never happened. The channel eventually confirmed it wasn't going to air the series by that August. Presumably, because Toei had already decided the show was a lost cause. Because Toei was putting those shows out on a monthly basis, it's hard to know if what they released on DVD really represents all that was dubbed. I wouldn't be surprised if work was done on more that just never saw the light of day.

I can't actually find any evidence suggesting Razer was going to run Slam Dunk. Just Air Master. It's listed as a cancelled broadcast on Anime News Network's encyclopedia, but the source for that doesn't say it was going to air there.

Also, neither show was submitted to the CRTC for Cancon considerations. They almost certainly would've qualified for a 50% credit, but I guess no one bothered. The CRTC is relatively lenient on when you can submit that, so the paperwork didn't have to be filed in prior to any TV broadcast.
IMB is offline   Reply With Quote