Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > General TV Discussion

General TV Discussion Non-Show specific TV Discussion can be found here.

Old 1 Week Ago   #21
Metabad

Default Re: Machinima's Transformers: Combiner Wars, Titans Return and Power of the Primes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
I said it before, but even with its faults, and only in the context of the Machinima trilogy, Power of the Primes was pretty good. The series overall got better (Combiner Wars was a C-, Titans Return was a stolid B- and dare I say that Power of the Primes was an A-), the story they were (trying) to tell was relatively unique and I'm glad they brought in some professional/veteran VAs.

And hey, for those who outright hated it, it's over. Another part of the franchise has come-and-gone, it left is mark for better or worse, and now we move on to the future.
At the very least, the episodes were over relatively quickly, which is much more than I can say for the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think Jason Marnocha will be well-remembered as Megatron, if only because his Megatron was the most memorable and well-written character in this entire series.

Ron Perlman's Optimus Primal was interesting if only because it's a big change from the kinds of characters he usually voices, although it at times felt like he was doing a Garry Chalk impression.

I mean, could you imagine that ending scene with Prime and Optimal Optimus if it had been Peter Cullen talking to Garry Chalk?
Megatron and Overlord both definitely stole the show as some of the better written characters, and their fun, snarky performances weren't too shabby either.

Yeah, on one hand this version of Primal was somewhat of a hermit and a loner, so I'm not 100% sure if Chalk would've fit what they were going for, but at the same time it does sort of irk me that they brought Cullen back but didn't even bother getting Chalk back. Would've been nice to have them interact if nothing else.

Solo: nvm
Metabad is online now   Reply With Quote