Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Gaming Central > General Game Discussion

General Game Discussion Discuss the latest video game hit or the classics from long ago.

Old 06-11-2018   #1
FanGuy67

Post Resident Evil 2 Remake

The cult classic sequel form a well-known franchise is getting a remake. Here is a trailer. It is set to come out in January 25, 2019.

FanGuy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018   #2
Frontier

Default Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake

Is that Leon's old VA? It doesn't sound like Matthew Mercer.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018   #3
Swiftie Muggle

Still sad no Alyson Court in this.
Swiftie Muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018   #4
Troodon2

It may not be necessary, nor much of a deal at all, but I personally would like to hear creature voice actors providing some wicked vocals for the zombies; if not Dee Bradley Baker then at least Fred Tatasciore or Ben Diskin or some other talent who don't normally do creatures like Laura Bailey.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018   #5
FanGuy67

Post Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
That does not sound like Leon's first voice actor and that does not sound like Matt Mercer. I guess Leon is getting a new voice actor. Along with Claire, Sherry (unless Laura Bailey is reprising her role as Sherry like in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles), etc.

Old 06-14-2018   #6
Marakutanay

Mercer already confirmed that's he ISN'T voicing Leon this time, because the game is non-union.
Marakutanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018   #7
NCZ
Ask me about unions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It will most likely be the same non-union talent pool as Resident Evil 7.
"Good VO in a game takes THREE things. Having good actors, as crucial as they are, is not enough. You need good actors, good writing, and a good director. Oh, and ample time helps a lot too. If you've ever wondered why one of your favorite actors is amazing in one game, and not quite as stellar in another, there is a good chance that the budget or other circumstances didn't allow for much exploration or digging, and the work was just blasted through." - Liam O'Brien

"What kind of person must you be, what kind of life must you live to think that people will notice or care about your opinion that you never liked a Christian-based talking vegetable show?" - TylerMirage
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018   #8
FanGuy67

I got a few more updates for the remake. You might be wondering, are the enemies from the original game returning? The answer is yes.

What you're about to see are the enemies and bosses in the remake so far.

Zombies:

Lickers:

Mr. X:

William Birken (that must be his second form):

The giant alligator is also returning since it was confirmed by the developers.

For the cast, Leon and Claire are the only ones that have been confirmed (based off a video I watched).

Leon - Edwurd Badaluta
Claire - Moya Pulk

So, we all know that the original voice actors will not be returning. Imagine if the original voice actors would've come back and they reprised their roles. In fact, I don't know if any of the original voice actors are still acting today.

One more thing, I wonder how detailed and grotesque William is going to be with his transformations in the remake especially his final form. In fact, how can you describe William's final from? For me, it's just a big pile of mesh with sharp teeth and tentacles.

Old 06-22-2018   #9
PsychicVoiceSpy

So, what did you guys think of the gameplay they showed? I liked it a lot, but I wish the map was done in the same crude style as the map in the original Resident Evil remake, where details are added as you explore the area. I'm also not that crazy about how the text shows up on the screen telling you what your objective is. A big part of the atmosphere in the original RE2 was not knowing exactly what to do next, and the game not holding your hand and leaving you to explore and find things to do.

I hope Capcom will give you the option to turn it off. Other than those two things, I think it looks very promising, and I'm looking forward to playing it.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018   #10
FanGuy67

Here is a new gameplay of Claire Redfield. You also get to see William Birkin in one of his forms.