Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Gaming Central > Upcoming Titles

Upcoming Titles Catch up on the hype surrounding the latest upcoming Video Games.

Old 06-10-2018   #1
Soul-dragon

Default Devil May Cry 5

What do you think about a new Devil May Cry game?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/10/1...l-dante-capcom
Old 06-10-2018   #2
Nightmare Crusher

Default Re: Devil May Cry 5

It's a bit of a rough first impression. Of course the gameplay could still be good, but the aesthetic reeks of the reboot for God knows what reason. Nero looks like Donte and there's something weirdly unpleasant about the new sidekick person which reminds me of the reboot too. I'll give Capcom a chance to impress, but the first trailer has not sold me.
Old 06-10-2018   #3
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
It's a bit of a rough first impression. Of course the gameplay could still be good, but the aesthetic reeks of the reboot for God knows what reason. Nero looks like Donte and there's something weirdly unpleasant about the new sidekick person which reminds me of the reboot too. I'll give Capcom a chance to impress, but the first trailer has not sold me.
I thought it was okay for a reveal trailer, but I agree. It was a little off-putting aesthetically, and every time the sidekick girl spoke, it just made me annoyed. Her dialogue made her sound like she was trying way too hard to be "groovy", but she's devoid of any actual charisma and she just came off as obnoxious. Hopefully that's not all there is to her character. Because if it is... and she's a major character... ugh.

The main thing I'm excited to see is if Vergil's going to be part of the game or not. That guy who leaked information about Devil May Cry 5 being unveiled at E3 and Vergil returning a while back had me excited, and I hope it comes to be. Dante and Vergil's dynamic was by far the most compelling thing the series has done in terms of story, and he was a great character in general.

I don't know what kind of satisfying story-related justification they could provide for him returning, but frankly, I don't give a crap. I'll welcome it with open arms.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018   #4
Nightmare Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicVoiceSpy View Post
I thought it was okay for a reveal trailer, but I agree. It was a little off-putting aesthetically, and every time the sidekick girl spoke, it just made me annoyed. Her dialogue made her sound like she was trying way too hard to be "groovy", but she's devoid of any actual charisma and she just came off as obnoxious. Hopefully that's not all there is to her character. Because if it is... and she's a major character... ugh.

The main thing I'm excited to see is if Vergil's going to be part of the game or not. That guy who leaked information about Devil May Cry 5 being unveiled at E3 and Vergil returning a while back had me excited, and I hope it comes to be. Dante and Vergil's dynamic was by far the most compelling thing the series has done in terms of story, and he was a great character in general.

I don't know what kind of satisfying story-related justification they could provide for him returning, but frankly, I don't give a crap. I'll welcome it with open arms.
Current speculation is that Vergil is the guy in shadows who took Nero's arm so maybe.
Old 06-10-2018   #5
Scrappy-Fan92

Nice that we finally got this game announced, Itsuno seemed so excited to announce it. On a different note, I'm a bit mixed on the game's aesthetic going deeper on the realism train. Not that classic DMC was the epitome of stylized visuals, but it feels like this new entry looks more "realistic" than its direct predecessors. I also think Nero (who I initially mistook for Dante) looks like a combination of original and reboot Dante.
Scrappy-Fan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018   #6
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicVoiceSpy View Post

There's supposedly three main characters you can play as, so maybe Vergil is the third character along with Nero and Dante?
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote