Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > Upcoming Theatrical Features

Upcoming Theatrical Features Catch up on the hype surrounding the latest upcoming theatrical features.

Old 06-09-2018   #1
TylerMirage
Administrator

Default "How to Train Your Bearded Dragon: The Hidden World" (March 2019)

Let's discuss Dreamworks Animation's latest, How to Train Your Dragon 3!

First trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkcucKDrbOI
My favourite part about Alexander Pierce requesting that Iron Man visit his niece for her birthday party is that Pierce is a friggin’ 75 year old man. His niece has gotta’ be like, what, in her 30s? This isn’t Iron Man showing up at some kid’s birthday party, this is a grown-a$$ woman with a crush on Tony Stark. A grown-a$$ woman who apparently still holds birthday parties.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018   #2
TheVengeanceKnight

Default Re: "How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World" (March 2019)

What, no sarcastic title?
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018   #3
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
What, no sarcastic title?
I was trying to come up with something witty about child characters now becoming bearded and sexy, but the joke wasn't coming easily, so I decided not to force it.
My favourite part about Alexander Pierce requesting that Iron Man visit his niece for her birthday party is that Pierce is a friggin’ 75 year old man. His niece has gotta’ be like, what, in her 30s? This isn’t Iron Man showing up at some kid’s birthday party, this is a grown-a$$ woman with a crush on Tony Stark. A grown-a$$ woman who apparently still holds birthday parties.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018   #4
GreenGoblin75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
I was trying to come up with something witty about child characters now becoming bearded and sexy, but the joke wasn't coming easily, so I decided not to force it.
How to Beard Your Dragon: The Hidden Chin?
GreenGoblin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018   #5
Torak

Default Re: "How to Train Your Facial Hair: The Hidden World" (March 2019)

Man, I can't wait to see this in March next year!
The first two films knocked it out of the park, and I'm hoping this breaks the usual trend of second sequelitis.

Also, this may be one of the few film franchises nowadays to have take their time with sequels. There has been at least a four year gap between these films and it's really payed off in my opinion. That is pretty rare, particularly for an animated film series.
Dreamworks have really handled these films the best I've seen of an animated film company in years, along with Kung Fu Panda. Hopefully in March we will be calling this series, at least critically, a perfect trilogy!
Torak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
thomwim

Default Re: "How to Train Your Bearded Dragon: The Hidden World" (March 2019)

This will be DreamWorks' first theatrical release under its current parent, Universal.

Status update: False alarm, the release date has been pushed to March 28. http://iris.theaureview.com/release-dates/

Last edited by thomwim; 1 Week Ago at 07:25 PM.
thomwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
NCZ
Ask me about unions

Default Re: "How to Train Your Bearded Dragon: The Hidden World" (March 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomwim View Post
This will be DreamWorks' first theatrical release under its current parent, Universal.

And it looks like Australia's getting the world premiere. Over a month before North America.
I think either something CRAZY is happening or Australia probably misread the date. Australia goes "day/month/year" while NA goes "month/day/year". Someone probably read 3/1/2019 as "January 3" instead of "March 1".
"Good VO in a game takes THREE things. Having good actors, as crucial as they are, is not enough. You need good actors, good writing, and a good director. Oh, and ample time helps a lot too. If you've ever wondered why one of your favorite actors is amazing in one game, and not quite as stellar in another, there is a good chance that the budget or other circumstances didn't allow for much exploration or digging, and the work was just blasted through." - Liam O'Brien

"What kind of person must you be, what kind of life must you live to think that people will notice or care about your opinion that you never liked a Christian-based talking vegetable show?" - TylerMirage
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote