Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > General Movie Discussion

General Movie Discussion Discuss and review the latest movies you've seen! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 01-17-2018   #11
Troodon2

Default Re: Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
Yep u knowwhat if it happens he should play batman characters like anarky or deadshot or mr freeze or robin heck why not let him have a go at superman or even voice Black arrow
He did. Anyway here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPZZvk-wbGE

I don't know, I still don't get why they'd bother to make an animated movie about supervillains when they should be making movies about superheroes. If it were anti-heroes, maybe but not villains.

And I get why, because of the Suicide Squad movie (not that it was good anyway but whatever) as well as the New52 inspired Suicide Squad staring Harley... but honestly I just don't like the idea of a movie where the villains are the main protagonists. (unless it were about reforming them and making them less evil)

Going back to the trailer, sure it looks fun, but again it's a movie about villains and already they don't look like good people, and they're only doing some other person's work against their whim otherwise they'd get blown up!

Frankly if they did want to make a movie with villains, why not make one based on Gail Simone's Secret Six?! You already got Deadshot and Scandal Savage, so just replace with other villains with Catman, Rag Doll, Bane, and Jeannette, and drop Amanda's organization and actually have those characters try and be more heroic and you got yourself a more interesting movie.

But that's just my opinion, if other people like it that's cool.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018   #12
Music Meister

I see Tara gives her usual Harley performance :/
The trailer looks...decent. I wasnt really wow’d by anything though.
Old 01-17-2018   #13
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Meister View Post
I see Tara gives her usual Harley performance :/
The trailer looks...decent. I wasnt really wow’d by anything though.
I think her Harley's okay when she tones it down and lowers her pitch a little...but it doesn't seem like she'll be doing that here.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018   #14
Troodon2

Default Re: Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay' Sets Voice Cast Annouced

I was able to watch the sneak peek, and from what I heard so far, Tara Strong sounds more tolerable (or at least less cringy) as Harley, sort of harkening back to her Arkahm City performance.

Last edited by Troodon2; 02-14-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2018   #15
Abdullab

Default Re: Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay' Sets Voice Cast Annouced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-dragon View Post
Ah Christian Slater. Remember when he had a career?
I`m guessing u haven`t seen Mr Robot than u would know Slater made a big comeback
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018   #16
Troodon2

Okay, I just watched the film and... I'm not a fan of it.

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad film by any means, but I did find it rather unnecessary.

I mean let's face it the only reason why they'd make a movie about The Suicide Squad in the first place is because of the presence of Harley Quinn, since she became a member of the team since The New52 Reboot; (why exactly is beyond me) but in this case however she's actually pretty superfluous here, she barely contributes anything in this movie so in hindsight that sort of defeats her prowess; and yet again she looks like a character out of Borderlands, look I get DC's current state to make Harley her own character (since she was a victim of Joker's manipulation) but I really do miss her original outfit as well as her more clownish antics since, and all the same this direction for the character is more like DC is just trying to make her their own answer to Deadpool.

One good thing I can say about her in the movie, is at least Tara Strong does a much better job with her performance, making her less cringey than in Arkham Knight or Injustice 2, definitely one of her more better performances as the character.

That aside, as I said before I think it's rather unnecessary that DC would make an animated movie about villains since well I for one would rather watch a movie about Superheroes instead; and even if they did want to make a movie about Supervillains why not make a movie about Gail Simone's Secret Six? They practically have all the makings for a story based on her own run in the comics pre-reboot, plus they're far more interesting than a bunch of villains forced to go on missions or they'll get blown up.

I don't know, like I said I don't think it's a bad movie but this kind of movie with this Grindhouse aesthetic coming from DC animation just isn't my cup of tea.