Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon
 

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > Upcoming Theatrical Features

Upcoming Theatrical Features Catch up on the hype surrounding the latest upcoming theatrical features.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018   #11
TylerMirage
Administrator
 
TylerMirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Andy Serkis' "The Jungle Book: Origins" (October 2018)

The movie's been retitled again. Now it's "Mowgli". I like it a lot more than the generic "Jungle Book: Origins".

http://deadline.com/2017/12/andy-ser...ch-1202230363/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
A neccessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018   #12
Ghosty404
Senior Member
 
Ghosty404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,897
Default Re: Andy Serkis' "The Jungle Book: Origins" (October 2018)

At least Disney can’t be all over this..
__________________
I squeeze gats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.
It was deemed to be too awesome.
Ghosty404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018   #13
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 24
Posts: 1,993
Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt
Default Re: Andy Serkis' "Mowgli" (October 2018)

I can dig this new title.

Definitely feels like it's trying to sound like it's own thing.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018   #14
Troodon2
Senior Member
 
Troodon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: troythedinosaur.deviantart.com
Posts: 2,073
Default Re: Andy Serkis' "Mowgli" (October 2018)

First Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxCT36DxKg

I commend the production team for a darker take on the original story, but the CGI isn't doing it for me.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018   #15
Kioea
Senior Member
 
Kioea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,584
Default Re: Andy Serkis' "Mowgli" (October 2018)

So they've made Tabaqui a hyena again. I'm a little annoyed, but am willing to concede they are far more imposing than golden jackals.
Kioea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018   #16
TylerMirage
Administrator
 
TylerMirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Andy Serkis' "Mowgli" (October 2018)

Not feeling the more anthropomorphized designs, personally, but I'll give it a chance. Helps differentiate it from Favreau's version.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
A neccessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018   #17
Troodon2
Senior Member
 
Troodon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: troythedinosaur.deviantart.com
Posts: 2,073
Default Re: Andy Serkis' "Mowgli" (October 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Not feeling the more anthropomorphized designs, personally, but I'll give it a chance. Helps differentiate it from Favreau's version.
Actually the real irony if you think about it, the Favraeu film's animals are a lot more real-looking while the ones here look more cartoonish. You'd think it'd be the other way around but I guess not.

Then again both films were made by Weta Digital, so I can understand that the company wanted to differentiate the latter from the former, but frankly since the first was a Disney movie they probably should've gone all out and made the animals more cartoony there and then save the more real-looking ones for this one.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018   #18
TylerMirage
Administrator
 
TylerMirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Andy Serkis' "Mowgli" (October 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
Actually the real irony if you think about it, the Favraeu film's animals are a lot more real-looking while the ones here look more cartoonish. You'd think it'd be the other way around but I guess not.

Then again both films were made by Weta Digital, so I can understand that the company wanted to differentiate the latter from the former, but frankly since the first was a Disney movie they probably should've gone all out and made the animals more cartoony there and then save the more real-looking ones for this one.
I wouldn't really say it's ironic... the film which features more naturalistic animals also features more photoreal visual effects, while the film that has more humanized designs looks less "real" and more "cartoony". Not ironic, it's exactly par-for-the-course.

The Jungle Book's character work was split between MPC and Weta Digital, while Mowgli is actually Serkis' own Imaginarium Studios, so it's not a matter of differentiating designs from the same company. Moreso just Serkis' creative choice to embue more human-like elements into the designs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
A neccessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.