Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2016   #11
Pauly-kun

Default Re: Dubbing the English-language and the foreign dubs of anime

While Saint Seiya was dubbed in México, there are some errors due to the fact that its possibly based in the french script or something like that, not sure if the thing was true.

If you are fluent in Spanish, check it out "¿Dijo Qué?" in YT, it contains some hilarious errors.
Old 05-31-2016   #12
RykoMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly-kun View Post
While Saint Seiya was dubbed in México, there are some errors due to the fact that its possibly based in the french script or something like that, not sure if the thing was true.

If you are fluent in Spanish, check it out "¿Dijo Qué?" in YT, it contains some hilarious errors.
It was translated straight from the japanese version by a book translator that didn't have any idea about how a dubbing script should be done.

The only Saint Seiya series that have an accurate translation are the Crunchyroll dub of Hades arc and Omega.

Edit

I watched those videos (Dijo que?) on YouTube. I'm not amused. They were kinda lame.

Last edited by RykoMD; 05-31-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-15-2016   #13
Digifan

Exclamation Re: Dubbing the English-language and the foreign dubs of anime

I wish someone add French dub actors for Evangelion 2.0 and 3.0
It's almost the same cast in the TV-Show.
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...hp?albumid=329

Old 07-12-2016   #14
JarundSorensen

I thought that Dragon Ball Z original script was Japanese?
Old 07-19-2016   #15
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarundSorensen View Post
I thought that Dragon Ball Z original script was Japanese?
It is, but the European dubs are based on the French dub.

The English dubs before 2005 were based on the Mexican dub.
Old 07-20-2016   #16
VoteForSirAtlas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RykoMD View Post
It was translated straight from the japanese version by a book translator that didn't have any idea about how a dubbing script should be done.
According to http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Woolseyism/Anime:

"On a similar note, the (really good, voice-acting wise) Latin American Spanish Mexican dub of Saint Seiya used the Italian opening translated into Spanish, and to this day, any Mexican born between 1985 and 1990 insists that the good opening is the one from Caballeros del Zodiaco."

Judging by that fact, the Latin American Spanish dub of Saint Seiya is actually based on the Italian dub.
Old 08-10-2016   #17
RykoMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteForSirAtlas View Post
According to http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Woolseyism/Anime:

"On a similar note, the (really good, voice-acting wise) Latin American Spanish Mexican dub of Saint Seiya used the Italian opening translated into Spanish, and to this day, any Mexican born between 1985 and 1990 insists that the good opening is the one from Caballeros del Zodiaco."

Judging by that fact, the Latin American Spanish dub of Saint Seiya is actually based on the Italian dub.
Saint Seiya Latin American Dub was like a weird case because originally it have an Intro song based on the Italian Dub, then an intro song based on the French Dub, and finally they get stucked with translations of the original japanese songs.
Old 04-23-2017   #18
CRE040295
Banned

Quote:
I will tell the examples of dubbing the English-language and the foreign dubs of anime to you:

1) All of the European-language dubs of Dragon Ball Z are just the dubs of its French-language dub.

3) The Croatian-language dub of Sailor Moon is just the dub of its German-language dub.

5) The Serbian-language dubs of Tatsunoko's anime properties such as Yatterman are just the dubs of their Italian-language dubs.

6) Also, I think that the famous Latin American Spanish dubs of Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura are just the dubs of their English-language dubs produced by DIC Entertainment and Nelvana.

Is the whole world just dubbing the English-language and the foreign dubs of anime instead of their original Japanese versions?
1) With the exceptions of Italian and German dubs of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z which are translated from original Japanese version instead until Hamtaro broke a record.

3) With the exception to season 1 aired in the original Japanese language with Croatian subtitles, the last 4 seasons of the said anime was dubbed into Croatian, albert translated it from the German-language dub instead of original version along with the theme song lyrics predicted Sailor Moon Crystal for mentioned the title. Here's the source. http://sailormoon.wikia.com/wiki/Sailor_Moon_in_Croatia

5) There's a Serbian-language dubs of Tatsunoko's anime properties exist or do you mean the Polish voice-over dubs of the said shows?

6) Wrong, both Latin American Spanish dub of Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura are not translated from the English dubs but they translated from the original Japanese version aside from DIC dub name changes for the former that only applied to first 89 episodes before Sailor Moon S which the English dub held by Cloverway Inc. instead and the latter one keep the Japanese names intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyBoyboy View Post
I think the AB Groupe dub was based on the French of dub of the Dragon Ball (Z) movies and specials.
Yeah! The Big Green English dub movies and specials are awful and likewise there's Swedish, Norweigian and Danish dubs of the said movies and specials are translated from the AB Groupe English dub which itself it's translated from the French version. However, the Danish dub fixed some errors such as characters names and terminology as the German manga did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly-kun View Post
Another case, we got almost every 4kids dubbed anime for Latin america.
The only exceptions that Latin American Spanish dubs are not translated from the 4Kids English dub are Shaman King, Ultraman Tiga and Magical DoReMi. However, Ojamajo Doremi # did received a Latin American Spanish dub but they stop it for unknown reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifan View Post
I wish someone add French dub actors for Evangelion 2.0 and 3.0
It's almost the same cast in the TV-Show.
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...hp?albumid=329
What!? Did the French dub of Evangelion 2.0 and 3.0 are translated from the Japanese version or the English dub? Likewise, the Italian dub of ''Neon Genesis Evangelion'' and ''End of Evangelion'' are translated from English dub as the credits translated into English, but only lists the voice actor credits for the English dub, despite the fact that the English dub isn't even included on the Italian DVD. Just look at the "Dubbed Anime" folder section. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...neWasThatVoice

Quote:
Any information about an international dub of Nelvana's Cardcaptors?
Yes! The only information about international dub of Nelvana's Cardcaptors is the Hindi dub that aired on Animax India rather than original Japanese version just like many foreign Animax channels did. But it's different from the North American version. Also, Nelvana did translated opening and ending songs into English when it aired in Australia, New Zealand and India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RykoMD View Post
Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura were dubbed straight from the japanese language. Sadly, some of the names were changed, but instead we got uncensored dialogues (Haruka and Michiru were lovers in our dub, instead of cousins like in the english dub).
I agreed, RykoMD! Both anime are translated from the original Japanese versions and both Spanish dubs are pretty good except Kero, at least in his plushie form and Tomoyo's voice are not very good.

Last edited by CRE040295; 04-23-2017 at 09:36 PM. Reason: I'm update it on Pauly-kun.
Old 04-24-2017   #19
Digifan

I agree.
I hope the site will add more french dub actors

Closed Thread