View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019   #20
NCZ
Mayor of the Mob

Default Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
I'll concede that if the designs had to lean to either "MCU inspired" or "comic inspired", it's clearly the former. But considering how much they could've just copied-and-pasted the designs and costumes from the movies, this is a breath of fresh air. Like you said, Riot Cop Captain America, man.

Even the fact that their Ant-Man is Hank Pym (and a young Hank Pym at that) and doesn't resemble Paul Rudd is a step in the right direction.
You know, it's funny, I keep seeing people make MCU comparisons, but funny enough, even as someone who doesn't really care for the MCU or follow comics in general, that's something that personally wasn't on my brain. But the fact that it's a realistic art style alone brings about MCU comparisons, even though this game so far seems unconnected. Like, MVCI for example was really blatant with its relationship to the MCU, but I don't think the art style was the root of that. That kind of thing goes beyond looks, so I hope that the story and the characters we see genuinely establish themselves as standalone. They showed Taskmaster and that's a decent start.

I do think it would have been interesting if they went all the way and scanned the actors' faces to maybe lessen that comparison. Right now, characters like Bruce and Black Widow are in that zone where their actual faces don't look like Troy or Laura's, but their expressions do. The same thing happened with them in Uncharted 4 and it was a very surreal effect.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-16-2019 at 03:38 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote