View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018   #2
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: Saved from Development Hell, Boy (2019)

Completely agreed, Doctor. When they first announced that it was going to be a more GRIMDARKSERIOUSBRO gritty, R-rated Hellboy story, I was like "Not my thing, but okay". I'd rather these folks do their own thing and make it different from the GDT Hellboy movies. So more power to them on giving it their own unique stamp.

But this trailer makes it seem like it's also trying to be light-hearted enough to stand next to the GDT movies. But also not. It's dark and gritty...while also trying to be fun and not take itself too seriously. We're gonna' have blood and swearing...but enough jokes to please the PG-13 crowd that might buy it on Blu-Ray and watch it at home. Like it's struggling with what it's trying to be.

Honestly, it basically looks like the GDT Hellboy movies except without the colour and, like you said, Doctor, the charm.

With that said, I'll give it a chance. I always love comparing remakes and reboots to each other. Plus, David Harbour is perfectly cast as Hellboy.

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Marshal;
Its definitely going to be as practical as we can possibly make it. I love to do stuff in-camera whenever I possibly can, and use CG as the amazing tool that it is, to enhance or expand upon the world, but not to use it to replace reality, when you can do it [for] real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Harbor;
A lot of it [was] very practical, practical monsters and practical fights not a lot of CGI.
O really?