View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015   #2
Starscreamsfan
Banned

Default Re: Potential (but currently unknown) Voice Actor Throwback Project for the older VAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross123 View Post
I was planning on getting this idea out sooner but I just kept putting it off in case people thought it was stupid.

Anyway, last month I got round to watching The Expendables movies. After watching those old action stars do throwbacks to their old movies I figured, "Hey why not have something like this for older VAs?"

Well not entirely like those movies, the project doesn't have to be action filled. It could be a comedy, a drama or something else. But of course, it has to be a throwback to their old voice work.

And it doesn't have to be a movie. It could be a tv show or a video game.

And it has to be animated so NO live action. What do you expect, they're voice actors.

I'm pushing this idea out there because I was hearing something about older VAs struggling to get voice work or instead having to resort to roles they've already done.

And it was saddening when Buster Jones passed away last year knowing that he wanted to do voice work again but never got that chance. And now Gary Owens died a few days ago too.

I'll be honest, I'm no animator but I'm reaching out to those members who are and any members who think they can write up a great script cause I sure don't think I can write one up.

At this point, I'm just a guy with an idea for some sort of project. Look we go on about older VAs not getting work etc but we never actually thought about doing anything to change that.

So what's your thoughts and are you interested in making this project happen?
I like this idea.

Freakin' Gary Owens died??? I'm so sad :'(

There are many people that vanished after the 1990s. Ted Schwartz and Sally Julian are prime examples of this.
Starscreamsfan is offline   Reply With Quote