View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016   #3
technickal

Default Re: Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty404 View Post
Yo. I do think I have some stuff.

According to the Kirby Wiki, Chief Bookem was voiced by two VAs; Jerry Lobozzo and Andrew Rannells, from different points in the series.

Here is an episode where Lobozzo voices Bookem, sounding a lot like his Dox from Yu Gi Oh.

Here is one from later in the series. You can hear his shades of Andrew's Archie Andrews, except way gruffier.

I think Maddie Blaustein might be Professor Curio, his voice sounds a ton like her takes on James' Father and Solomon Muto.

Knuckle Joe and Rick the Hamster could be Andrew Rannells, too.

It's obvious that Chef Shiitake is Mike Pollock.
Cool beans.

I found the Season 2 and 3 credits. They're identical to Season 1's, save for the fact that Ellen Lee is out and Lisa Ortiz is in (I suspect Ellen Lee was her alias).

Oh, I forgot, Kayzie Rogers confirmed she was Lady Like. I think she's Mabel too. Kirby Wikia attributes the role to Lisa Ortiz, but she sounds a lot like Miranda from the first Pokémon movie.

Yeah, listening to those two clips, there was definitely a recast for Chief Bookem. Jerry Lobozzo and Andrew Rannells sound about right. I think Lobozzo could also be Sword Knight.

Andrew Rannells for Knuckle Joe? That's a good lead. Everyone seems to be stumped about his English VA.

Chef Shiitake is definitely Mike Pollock. He also confirmed he was Kit Cosmos.

Think you can figure out Kabu's English VA? I would say Dan Green, but he appears to have been replaced in the Kirby 3D short, where Green returned to voice the Salesguy. So I dunno.

Last edited by technickal; 05-26-2016 at 08:10 AM.
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote