View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020   #6
IMB
Contributor

Default Re: Why did Voicebox outsource GI Joe Sigma Six to 4Kids?

I've been looking into this and came across something interesting. A user on the Anime Superhero (formerly Toonzone) forums claims that Voicebox produced a dub used for the pack-in DVDs Hasbro bundled with the action figure line.

It sounds unlikely, but if true, isn't inexplainable. Hasbro was using Voicebox on their shows almost exclusively at the time and they handled the G.I. Joe pack-in movies/DTVs. Like I said earlier, I would not at all be surprised if Hasbro had initially contracted Sigma Six to Voicebox but bailed once 4Kids got involved. The latter completely redubbing shows already available in English would not be uncharted territory.

The thing is, I'm not sure that comment is accurate. The guy seems to believe it's true, but I don't know about that. I can't find any other mention of the DVDs having a different dub. I had the Storm Shadow vs. Snake Eyes set as a kid and it came with a DVD. I remember that being the exact same dub that aired on 4KidsTV and YTV. Maybe they were only on select releases or perhaps this is false info that's been propagated for 15 years?
IMB is offline   Reply With Quote