Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dream Casts (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2658)

Marusero 07-27-2016 09:47 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117272)
You're right about Crispin being a LA based VA. I must have heard him in a FUNimation dub and thought he was in Dallas.

Oh, okay. I just wanted to know. I also thought you said that "Yeah, right." in a sarcastic way.

SonicWarrior234 07-28-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117276)
Oh, okay. I just wanted to know. I also thought you said that "Yeah, right." in a sarcastic way.

Oh, naw! I didn't mean it like that. Lol.
Here, I made some adjustments:

Sonic the Hedgehog: Vic Mignogna
Miles "Tails" Prower: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Knuckles the Echidna: Chris Sabat
Amy Rose: Cherami Leigh
Cream the Rabbit: Carrie Savage
Big the Cat: Chris Cason
Shadow the Hedgehog: Matthew Mercer
Rouge the Bat: Leah Clark
E-123 Omega: Christopher Bevins
Silver the Hedgehog: Todd Haberkorn
Blaze the Cat: Caitlin Glass
Jet the Hawk: Micah Solusod
Wave the Swallow: Monica Rial
Storm the Albatross: Chris Sabat
Espio the Chameleon: J. Michael Tatum
Charmy Bee: Brina Palencia
Vector the Crocodile: Phil Parsons
Dr. Eggman: John Swasey

Marusero 07-28-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117325)
Oh, naw! I didn't mean it like that. Lol.
Here, I made some adjustments:

Sonic: Vic Mignogna
Tails: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Knuckles: Chris Sabat
Amy: Cherami Leigh
Cream: Carrie Savage
Big: Chris Cason
Shadow: Matthew Mercer
Rouge: Leah Clark
Omega: Christopher Bevins
Silver: Todd Haberkorn
Blaze: Caitlin Glass
Jet: Micah Solusod
Wave: Monica Rial
Storm: Chris Sabat
Espio: J. Michael Tatum
Charmy: Brina Palencia
Vector: Phil Parsons
Dr. Eggman: John Swasey

Not bad at all. Also, which voice of Micah Solusod made you cast him as Jet? As an alternative of Jet, would you maybe like Sonny Strait?

SonicWarrior234 07-28-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117337)
Not bad at all. Also, which voice of Micah Solusod made you cast him as Jet? As an alternative of Jet, would you maybe like Sonny Strait?

I was originally thinking Sonny, but I remembered Jet is supposed to be younger than Sonic. I was going based off his Yukine voice from Noragami.

Marusero 07-28-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117339)
I was originally thinking Sonny, but I remembered Jet is supposed to be younger than Sonic. I was going based off his Yukine voice from Noragami.

No problem, pal, I can understand. Dallas-wise, Vic Mignogna is your main pick for Sonic, as you saw that list of mine. Now, L.A.-wise, based on the guys I listed for Sonic, who'd be your pick?

SonicWarrior234 07-28-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117342)
No problem, pal, I can understand. Dallas-wise, Vic Mignogna is your main pick for Sonic, as you saw that list of mine. Now, L.A.-wise, based on the guys I listed for Sonic, who'd be your pick?

Hmmm... I'm cool with Roger, but I'd like to hear Johnny Yong Bosch as the Blue Blur.

Marusero 07-29-2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117363)
Hmmm... I'm cool with Roger, but I'd like to hear Johnny Yong Bosch as the Blue Blur.

Nice choice, Johnny's had quite an experience voicing hot-blooded characters. I also respect your opinion about you being cool with Roger, you're perfectly entitled to it. Personally, I'd go with Yuri Lowenthal. Why? Well, because I think he's got this kind of mix between Ryan, Jason and Roger. I mean, think about it. It could be something we could all enjoy in the end.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117371)
Nice choice, Johnny's had quite an experience voicing hot-blooded characters. I also respect your opinion about you being cool with Roger, you're perfectly entitled to it. Personally, I'd go with Yuri Lowenthal. Why? Well, because I think he's got this kind of mix between Ryan, Jason and Roger. I mean, think about it. It could be something we could all enjoy in the end.

Yeah. I was thinking either Yuri or Johnny. But ultimately Johnny won me over due to his voice and emotional range lending itself better toward Sonic's hyperactive yet chill personality.

Marusero 07-29-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117382)
Yeah. I was thinking either Yuri or Johnny. But ultimately Johnny won me over due to his voice and emotional range lending itself better toward Sonic's hyperactive yet chill personality.

I see. Which voice(s) of Johnny do you think would work for Sonic? You know, I can also see Johnny as Shadow using his Sasori voice.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117385)
I see. Which voice(s) of Johnny do you think would work for Sonic? You know, I can also see Johnny as Shadow using his Sasori voice.

A combination of his Zhang Bao voice in Dynasty Warriors 8 and his Bumblebee voice in Transformers: War for Cybertron.
As for Shadow, I think Kirk Thornton's Jin voice from Samurai Champloo could work.