Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23994)

Frontier 06-10-2019 08:55 PM

Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Marvel and Square Enix officially unveild the first footage for their much-anticipated Avengers Project.

Confirmed VA's:

Nolan North as Iron Man

Jeff Schine as Captain America

Travis Willingham as Thor

Troy Baker as Bruce Banner/The Hulk

Laura Bailey as Black Widow.

Other confirmed characters include Taskmaster, Abomination, and Hank Pym.

The game will be adding additional characters/environments post-launch and for free, with no lootboxes.

Abdullab 06-10-2019 10:59 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 157742)
Marvel and Square Enix officially unveild the first footage for their much-anticipated Avengers Project.

Confirmed VA's:

Nolan North as Iron Man

Jeff Schine as Captain America

Travis Willingham as Thor

Troy Baker as Bruce Banner/The Hulk

Laura Bailey as Black Widow.

Other confirmed characters include Taskmaster, Abomination, and Hank Pym.

The game will be adding additional characters/environments post-launch and for free, with no lootboxes.

looking forward to this. Mixed on Travis and Laura reprising for the 20th time but i like this cast alot

TheDayman 06-10-2019 11:39 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Not a huge fan of the fact that Travis and Laura are reprising, but from what I've heard the cast sounds great.

The faces look a bit wonky, but I'm sure everything will look better at launch, and the costumes aren't that great in my opinion. Cap's costume has that MCU-ish dark blue and looks too armor-y for my liking. Bruce is literally wearing one of Ruffalo's outfits from the Avengers movie.

Also, here's a small clip of Troy's Hulk and he sounds great.

I wish we got a look at the main villain so I could have some closure on whether or not we'll see Thanos, Loki, or Ultron in a marvel game for the 50th time. But all in all I'm excited for this game. It's Square Enix after all.

Autovolt 06-11-2019 08:22 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Travis sounds really ill-fitting as Thor here.

It is cool Nolan's Iron Man again and Troy's doing Banner and Hulk. Man I'm amazed Fred Tatasciore isn't Big Green here but hey it's nice to see them try something different here.

SNaG 06-11-2019 08:33 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Love this! Went from a definite maybe to a definitive yes. The VO sounds great. Nolan as Tony is such a genius casting choice that I'm wondering why no one has capitalized on it before. I'm sure this game will be a great showcase. Loving how Travis and Laura sounds too. Travis sounds a bit different than he does in the cartoon, and as far as I'm concerned, he sounds better.

Usually I'm skeptical about live service games but I'm willing to give this a go. Looks rad as hell.

Frontier 06-11-2019 10:04 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
I was also ready for new VA's for Thor and Widow if only because Laura and Travis have never been my favorite VA's for those characters, but I guess their experience with voiceover and mo-cap for AAA games like this helped land them the roles again (I would say it was probably the same of the other VA's). I can at least hope that they get much better material and direction in these games then they got in the cartoons.

Nolan North as Iron Man is pretty awesome. I'm glad we're not getting a VA just to do a decent RDJ impersonation.

Troy as Hulk should be really interesting. Banner I can see him fitting like a glove but Hulk is a different beast (in more ways then one). I mean, it's the first time someone other then Fred Tatasciore has done Hulk in a major role in years, so that's kind of cool. Reminds me of when Ray Chase played Jason Blood and Etrigan. I hope he doesn't reprise Hawkeye though, once he inevitably gets added in as free content.

Jeff Schine sounds decent as Cap, although Cap has probably my least favorite Cap design.

Autovolt 06-11-2019 10:25 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 157760)
Troy as Hulk should be really interesting. Banner I can see him fitting like a glove but Hulk is a different beast (in more ways then one). I mean, it's the first time someone other then Fred Tatasciore has done Hulk in a major role in years, so that's kind of cool. Reminds me of when Ray Chase played Jason Blood and Etrigan. I hope he doesn't reprise Hawkeye though, once he inevitably gets added in as free content.

Speaking of Ray, here's hoping he's in here somewhere. Honestly I would've probably cast him as Thor instead of Travis.

NCZ 06-11-2019 01:38 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quite frankly I'm surprised people here are so down on Travis and Laura. Both of them are amazing actors who've got tons of performance capture experience, and the chemistry with them, Troy, and Nolan is guaranteed to be electric. For a game that's all about working as a team, that seems really important. Casting them would make total sense even if they hadn't played them before. As well, just because they're from AA doesn't mean they themselves are poorly cast. If anything, this should be a great chance for them to actually get to spread their wings and show their stuff. Great example: Yuri and Travis played Spidey and Kingpin before, but only when they got to Spidey PS4 did they TRULY crush it. Normally I wouldn't be interested in the game so I'm surprised I am, and a big part of it is just because I have total faith this cast is going to nail it.

Autovolt 06-11-2019 01:50 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 157775)
Quite frankly I'm surprised people here are so down on Travis and Laura. Both of them are amazing actors who've got tons of performance capture experience, and the chemistry with them, Troy, and Nolan is guaranteed to be electric. For a game that's all about working as a team, that seems really important. Casting them would make total sense even if they hadn't played them before. As well, just because they're from AA doesn't mean they themselves are poorly cast. If anything, this should be a great chance for them to actually get to spread their wings and show their stuff. Great example: Yuri and Travis played Spidey and Kingpin before, but only when they got to Spidey PS4 did they TRULY crush it. Normally I wouldn't be interested in the game so I'm surprised I am, and a big part of it is just because I have total faith this cast is going to nail it.

I just don't think they're the best fits for Thor and Black Widow respectively to be honest, I've grown tired of hearing them as those characters nearly every Marvel project since 2013. I mean Yuri's Spidey and Travis's Kingpin weren't overused to the point that it got tiresome. I was hoping we'd get some new casting or pick more obscure choices for a reprisal. Maybe they might grow on me here but right now I just find it eh.

Frontier 06-11-2019 08:42 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
I wonder if they'll have Brian Bloom reprise Taskmaster to keep this in-line with Spider-Man PS4.

(Man, that would make for a hilarious showdown with Cap).

The Doctor 06-11-2019 11:40 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
The teaser and the cast list have me mixed.

I usually don't place too much stock on the graphics (I appreciate them when they look good, but can live with subpar ones, if the gameplay is great) and get annoyed when hardcore gamers turn them into the end-all-and-be-all of the discourse of any given game, but even I have to admit that those character models don't look great. It's obvious that they wanted to evoke the MCU designs/actors, but didn't want to model them completely (either for legal/cost reasons or because this isn't technically a MCU tie-in), so it's like they bought some cheap bootleg action figures and used them as their basics for the in-game models. But the action scenes still look fun and if the gameplay in on point, I'm sure that I can get used to the wonky designs.

As for the cast, I mostly like it. Nolan North is natural choice for Tony Stark, but thankfully isn't there just to do forced RDjr. impersonation (even though I'm sure that they take influences from his Tony Stark's personality), Bruce Banner is fun change of pace for Troy Baker, who so often gets typecast as either cool or grizzled action heroes, not to mention how interesting it's going to be to see how he does as the Hulk, and Jeff Schine is a solid pick for Cap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNaG (Post 157758)
Nolan as Tony is such a genius casting choice that I'm wondering why no one has capitalized on it before.

*Ahem* Actually... ;)

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...tive/Iron-Man/


Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 157775)
Quite frankly I'm surprised people here are so down on Travis and Laura. Both of them are amazing actors who've got tons of performance capture experience, and the chemistry with them, Troy, and Nolan is guaranteed to be electric. For a game that's all about working as a team, that seems really important. Casting them would make total sense even if they hadn't played them before. As well, just because they're from AA doesn't mean they themselves are poorly cast. If anything, this should be a great chance for them to actually get to spread their wings and show their stuff. Great example: Yuri and Travis played Spidey and Kingpin before, but only when they got to Spidey PS4 did they TRULY crush it. Normally I wouldn't be interested in the game so I'm surprised I am, and a big part of it is just because I have total faith this cast is going to nail it.

To be fair, Travis has voiced Thor in 20 titles and Laura Widow in 14 titles so far. Sure, it is completely possible that this is finally the project were all the pieces are placed correctly and they hit these roles out of the park, but I do think that it is completely fair for people to be skeptical and unexcited. Also, Yuri's Spider-Man and Travis' Kingpin, in my opinion, aren't good comparisons, since Travis only voiced Kingpin in one thing before the PS4 game, so people didn't really have a strong opinions about him, all the while I remember a lot of people saying from day one that Yuri could be a great Spider-Man, if given a chance to shine, which is very different from the general unenthusiasm (if not downright dislike) of Travis and Laura as Thor and Black Widow.

Personally, I'm fine with Laura getting one more chance at Widow, since, on paper at least, she is a good casting choice for the role and out of everyone from AA cast, she has been hurt most by the material or, to be more precise, lack of thereof. Travis, on the other hand, inherently sounds more like he is doing a parody of Thor (it tells you somehting when he feels the most fitting in the Lego game) and I'm not sure that a good script can fix that.

Frontier 06-12-2019 11:47 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt (Post 157765)
Speaking of Ray, here's hoping he's in here somewhere. Honestly I would've probably cast him as Thor instead of Travis.

Dang, now that you've put that idea into my head I wish I could hear that...
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 157797)

Wasn't he also Iron Man in the test footage for EMH? I thought I recall that being him.
Quote:

To be fair, Travis has voiced Thor in 20 titles and Laura Widow in 14 titles so far. Sure, it is completely possible that this is finally the project were all the pieces are placed correctly and they hit these roles out of the park, but I do think that it is completely fair for people to be skeptical and unexcited. Also, Yuri's Spider-Man and Travis' Kingpin, in my opinion, aren't good comparisons, since Travis only voiced Kingpin in one thing before the PS4 game, so people didn't really have a strong opinions about him, all the while I remember a lot of people saying from day one that Yuri could be a great Spider-Man, if given a chance to shine, which is very different from the general unenthusiasm (if not downright dislike) of Travis and Laura as Thor and Black Widow.

Personally, I'm fine with Laura getting one more chance at Widow, since, on paper at least, she is a good casting choice for the role and out of everyone from AA cast, she has been hurt most by the material or, to be more precise, lack of thereof. Travis, on the other hand, inherently sounds more like he is doing a parody of Thor (it tells you somehting when he feels the most fitting in the Lego game) and I'm not sure that a good script can fix that.
I do find it kind of funny that Laura is once again playing a redheaded main character in a AAA Marvel game.

The Doctor 06-12-2019 01:14 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 157805)
Wasn't he also Iron Man in the test footage for EMH? I thought I recall that being him.

As far as I know, Iron Man's voice in that was never confirmed, but I might have missed that. Personally, I was always convinced that it was Marc Worden reprising the role from the Marvel direc-to-DVD animated movies, since it sounded just like him and Yost & Kyle seemed to like brinning back actors from those whenever possible.

Superfan 06-13-2019 01:02 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZoPjMY3Ws

More footage of the Hank Pym segment. Can anyone tell who's voicing Pym, or no?

Frontier 06-13-2019 02:27 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan (Post 157854)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZoPjMY3Ws

More footage of the Hank Pym segment. Can anyone tell who's voicing Pym, or no?

...Alan Tudyk?

Superfan 06-13-2019 03:35 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Sounds like Danny Jacobs

TylerMirage 06-16-2019 12:19 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
I'm pleased with the VAs taking a crack at characters they've never (or rarely, in the case of Nolan) voiced before. As the Dream Cast forum shows, there's so many awesome casting ideas that have yet to be utilized because they're just so many reprisals. The cast looks great so far, and although I have no qualms with Travis as Thor and Laura as Widow, I have to parrot the others and say that I wish they had gone with other VAs.

Also, I can dig the designs. Glad they didn't just do a rip-off of the MCU aesthetic.

Frontier 06-16-2019 12:47 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerMirage (Post 157932)
Also, I can dig the designs. Glad they didn't just do a rip-off of the MCU aesthetic.

I dunno. They're not wholesale ripping off the MCU like, say, the cartoons do but they're similar enough to where it's not as much of a clean break as it should be in my opinion.

Although MCU Cap's never looked like a riot cop cosplaying as Captain America...

TylerMirage 06-16-2019 01:51 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 157933)
I dunno. They're not wholesale ripping off the MCU like, say, the cartoons do but they're similar enough to where it's not as much of a clean break as it should be in my opinion.

Although MCU Cap's never looked like a riot cop cosplaying as Captain America...

I'll concede that if the designs had to lean to either "MCU inspired" or "comic inspired", it's clearly the former. But considering how much they could've just copied-and-pasted the designs and costumes from the movies, this is a breath of fresh air. Like you said, Riot Cop Captain America, man. :laughing:

Even the fact that their Ant-Man is Hank Pym (and a young Hank Pym at that) and doesn't resemble Paul Rudd is a step in the right direction.

NCZ 06-16-2019 03:36 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerMirage (Post 157934)
I'll concede that if the designs had to lean to either "MCU inspired" or "comic inspired", it's clearly the former. But considering how much they could've just copied-and-pasted the designs and costumes from the movies, this is a breath of fresh air. Like you said, Riot Cop Captain America, man. :laughing:

Even the fact that their Ant-Man is Hank Pym (and a young Hank Pym at that) and doesn't resemble Paul Rudd is a step in the right direction.

You know, it's funny, I keep seeing people make MCU comparisons, but funny enough, even as someone who doesn't really care for the MCU or follow comics in general, that's something that personally wasn't on my brain. But the fact that it's a realistic art style alone brings about MCU comparisons, even though this game so far seems unconnected. Like, MVCI for example was really blatant with its relationship to the MCU, but I don't think the art style was the root of that. That kind of thing goes beyond looks, so I hope that the story and the characters we see genuinely establish themselves as standalone. They showed Taskmaster and that's a decent start.

I do think it would have been interesting if they went all the way and scanned the actors' faces to maybe lessen that comparison. Right now, characters like Bruce and Black Widow are in that zone where their actual faces don't look like Troy or Laura's, but their expressions do. The same thing happened with them in Uncharted 4 and it was a very surreal effect.

Frontier 06-16-2019 04:16 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerMirage (Post 157934)
I'll concede that if the designs had to lean to either "MCU inspired" or "comic inspired", it's clearly the former. But considering how much they could've just copied-and-pasted the designs and costumes from the movies, this is a breath of fresh air. Like you said, Riot Cop Captain America, man. :laughing:

I dunno. Visually I'm just not as impressed compared to Spider-Man PS4.

I would've, personally, taken some of Cap's movie costumes compared to what his base design appears here, but that's just me.
Quote:

Even the fact that their Ant-Man is Hank Pym (and a young Hank Pym at that) and doesn't resemble Paul Rudd is a step in the right direction.
Yeah, I'm glad we're not getting Old Man Pym, although I wish he looked more like EMH Hank and less like he does from the teaser.

TheDayman 09-06-2019 12:37 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Darin De Paul is voicing Hulk

https://twitter.com/playavengers/sta...401604608?s=21

MrAmazing 09-06-2019 01:09 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDayman (Post 160224)

Woah.

Wasn't expecting that.

Frontier 09-06-2019 05:10 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDayman (Post 160224)

On the one hand, kind of disappointed Troy isn't doing Hulk's voice (although I can imagine the horrible strain that would be on one's vocal chords), but at the same time...Darin De Paul as Hulk is pretty awesome, even if it seems most of his dialogue will be sparse compared to him just growling and grunting.

Makes me wonder how much dialogue Troy will get as Banner since he'll be playable as Hulk most of the time.

MrAmazing 09-07-2019 05:06 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 160231)
On the one hand, kind of disappointed Troy isn't doing Hulk's voice (although I can imagine the horrible strain that would be on one's vocal chords), but at the same time...Darin De Paul as Hulk is pretty awesome, even if it seems most of his dialogue will be sparse compared to him just growling and grunting.

Makes me wonder how much dialogue Troy will get as Banner since he'll be playable as Hulk most of the time.

Turns out they're putting a lot of focus into Bruce in this game, which makes me happier than anything.

Autovolt 09-07-2019 05:11 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDayman (Post 160224)

Darin as Hulk feels really inspired of a choice.

It's funny, Darin's second Marvel role after JJJ is another character Fred Tatasciore has done. It makes me want to hear him take a stab at Beast next.

Frontier 09-07-2019 09:41 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt (Post 160240)
Darin as Hulk feels really inspired of a choice.

It's funny, Darin's second Marvel role after JJJ is another character Fred Tatasciore has done. It makes me want to hear him take a stab at Beast next.

I could totally see him as Ben Grimm/The Thing, all the more fitting given what he says in the Twitter Q&A about his first Marvel comic.

Frontier 10-04-2019 01:33 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel trailer.

She's being voiced by Sandra Saad.

leoalfo15 05-02-2020 03:29 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
I look forward to this game

Frontier 06-24-2020 02:20 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Avengers: War Table extended gameplay showcase with voiced MODOK and Nick Fury.

I think we hear Jennifer Hale in there. I think you also hear JARVIS briefly who sounds like Troy doing a very prissy British voice?

Cazador 06-27-2020 01:14 AM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Is Troy also doing the voice for Hulk?

MrAmazing 06-27-2020 02:45 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Nah, Darin De Paul is the voice of Hulk in the game.

Frontier 07-29-2020 01:22 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
New Warzone video about the Beta.

There's some footage of a mission with Abomination. Does he sound like Jamieson Price to anyone else?

The Doctor 08-23-2020 01:39 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Played the beta for couple of hours on my ps4 . I know that the finished game will be different, but my current impression is that big gamers will probably dislike the game, while comic fans, who are more casual when it comes to gaming and are willing to be more lenient on the flaws for the price of getting to play their favorite characters, will enjoy it fine. The repetition can potentially be a major problem and the beta kinda gave me a feeling that this game will be more of a collection of testing grounds rather than a cohesive whole.

What I mean by that is that you could take the playstyles and movesets of Cap, Widow, Iron Man, Thor and Ms. Marvel (Hulk was the big weak link of the cast), use them as your groundwork, build upon them to flesh them out and make potentially fantastic solo games for them. It was especially suprisingly fun to make big leaps and pull yourself up to platforms with Ms. Marvel's stretching powers. But, since this is an Avengers game with a bunch of different types of playable characters, the level layouts and controls have to be generic enough that they can work for all of the characters.

I know everyone has been down on this game and there's a lot of negativity surrounding it, so I feel little bad for not being able to be more positive. I will probably get the full game myself, but I'm not expecting to be blown away.

Frontier 09-01-2020 01:50 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Ashly Burch is playing Kate Bishop.

You can also briefly hear Clint's voice in her character trailer.

coolies 09-01-2020 04:29 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
Giacomo Gianotti is Hawkeye.
screenshot:
https://twitter.com/AvengersSE/statu...64765904920576
original source:
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09...s-kate-bishop/

Frontier 09-01-2020 05:15 PM

Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project
 
I just realized with Burch playing Kate we can have a squad with both Rise's (not that many people want to remember Burch playing Rise).
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolies (Post 171199)

He sounded really dry in the trailer, but I guess it's hard to gauge from a trailer.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.