Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Disney to Acquire 21st Century Fox (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21195)

DisneyAnimefan1995 12-14-2017 11:09 AM

Disney to Acquire 21st Century Fox

So it has been announced early this morning that Disney will be acquiring 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion.

What do you guys think of this acquisition are you excited? Are you nervous? Tell your thoughts on the comments below.

The Walt Disney Company To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., After Spinoff Of Certain Businesses, For $52.4 Billion In Stock

Autovolt 12-14-2017 03:20 PM

Re: Disney to Acquire 21st Century Fox

I really can't believe this is happening.

On one hand, monopolies are a scary thing on the other hand, Disney will definitely try to make use of the new assets and properties they just picked up.

We're just gonna have to wait and see really.

NCZ 12-14-2017 03:37 PM

Exciting day for multibillion dollar corporations!

Nightmare Crusher 12-14-2017 03:45 PM

Call me cynical, but with how much derivative garbage gets put out by Hollywood I don't see this making that much of a difference on the customer's end. Although in an industry currently dominated by superhero movies selling the only half-way innovative company to the one that built the **** formula sounds like a bad move to me.

TylerMirage 12-14-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher (Post 135533)
Call me cynical, but with how much derivative garbage gets put out by Hollywood I don't see this making that much of a difference on the customer's end. Although in an industry currently dominated by superhero movies selling the only half-way innovative company to the one that built the **** formula sounds like a bad move to me.

Spicy take, but I can't say that I disagree.

Soul-dragon 12-15-2017 08:52 AM

This was a genius move on Disney's behalf. Buying Fox would give them the right to all of Marvel's properties and it'll boost their new streaming service to a whole other level. You know for being a company that persuades people to be kind and dream big they share are a bunch of savages.

But I think it's safe to say that Ryan Reynolds had the best reaction. https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/...73088387354624

DisneyAnimefan1995 12-16-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt (Post 135530)
I really can't believe this is happening.

On one hand, monopolies are a scary thing on the other hand, Disney will definitely try to make use of the new assets and properties they just picked up.

We're just gonna have to wait and see really.

I would say the biggest positive with the Disney-Fox merger is that Marvel Studios will gain the rights back to X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool all back under the Disney/Marvel umbrella.

On top of that, we could see the X-Men, Deadpool and especially the Fantastic Four brought back into the Marvel animated shows for the first time since The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and have their own animated shows instead of being relegated as guest cameos in shows like Ultimate Spider-Man, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H, along with the many video games such as Square Enix's upcoming Avengers: Project and future Marvel vs. Capcom games.

Bry 12-16-2017 08:10 PM

Currently awaiting for Disney to buy the Moon.

Nightmare Crusher 12-16-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghosty404 (Post 135631)
Currently awaiting for Disney to buy the Moon.

2018: X-Men made part of MCU. Disney makes so much money they outstrip the economy of entire rest of the world.

2020: Bob Iger elected president of the USA.

2021: Iger declares himself supreme leader, country name changed to United States of Disney.

2025: USD has conquered most of the planet. Remaining nations destroyed with nuclear weapons.

2026: Moon captured. Turned into production studio.

2030: Disney uses its endless supply of money to build the first faster than light ship.

2031: Aliens encountered. Their economy is soon overtaken by the mouse. Entire planets are subjected and forced to produce yearly releases of the most realistic Star Wars films ever.

2040: Bob Iger transcends to a higher plain of existence.

3000: Bob Iger returns to conquer the universe as its new God. Unaltered Original Star Wars Trilogy still not released on home video.

Soul-dragon 12-17-2017 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher (Post 135632)
2018: X-Men made part of MCU. Disney makes so much money they outstrip the economy of entire rest of the world.

2020: Bob Iger elected president of the USA.

2021: Iger declares himself supreme leader, country name changed to United States of Disney.

2025: USD has conquered most of the planet. Remaining nations destroyed with nuclear weapons.

2026: Moon captured. Turned into production studio.

2030: Disney uses its endless supply of money to build the first faster than light ship.

2031: Aliens encountered. Their economy is soon overtaken by the mouse. Entire planets are subjected and forced to produce yearly releases of the most realistic Star Wars films ever.

2040: Bob Iger transcends to a higher plain of existence.

3000: Bob Iger returns to conquer the universe as its new God. Unaltered Original Star Wars Trilogy still not released on home video.

At the moment this is very likely. In the future the mouse shall be supreme.