Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dream Casts (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2658)

Marusero 08-06-2018 09:16 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 144799)
To be honest, why is everyone hating on the idea of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Stephanie Young as Rouge the Bat?

What makes you say that, buddy? Just curious, though.

littlepaul1002 08-06-2018 09:33 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 144810)
What makes you say that, buddy? Just curious, though.

Because some people said that the idea of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Stephanie Young as Rouge the Bat was deemed too low for the character.

HyperVoiceActing 08-08-2018 04:18 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 144812)
Because some people said that the idea of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Stephanie Young as Rouge the Bat was deemed to low for the character.

I don't hate it. In fact I think I even used MEM as Rouge in my updated cast list

Marusero 08-08-2018 06:20 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 144812)
Because some people said that the idea of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Stephanie Young as Rouge the Bat was deemed to low for the character.

Well… if Mary used her Bloodberry voice from Saber Marionette J (which you can listen to on this site), I think she'd fit just fine. As for Stephanie, I think her Katherine Turner voice (without the accent) would be decent enough, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperVoiceActing (Post 144843)
I don't hate it. In fact I think I even used MEM as Rouge in my updated cast list

That's pretty cool. Also, fun fact: did you know that Mary shared the role of Kurenai Yuhi with Rumi Ochiai (Rouge's Japanese VA)?

littlepaul1002 08-08-2018 03:07 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 144847)
Well… if Mary used her Bloodberry voice from Saber Marionette J (which you can listen to on this site), I think she'd fit just fine. As for Stephanie, I think her Katherine Turner voice (without the accent) would be decent enough, too.



That's pretty cool. Also, fun fact: did you know that Mary shared the role of Kurenai Yuhi with Rumi Ochiai (Rouge's Japanese VA)?

Saber Marionette J is recorded in Canada, not LA.

Marusero 08-08-2018 05:04 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 144864)
Saber Marionette J is recorded in Canada, not LA.

No offense, pal, but here's what I meant to say regarding Mary's Bloodberry voice: https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...te/Bloodberry/

Hope this serves as a clarification.

8000 Saiyans 08-08-2018 05:46 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Now that I think about it, Saffron Henderson would make for a great Rouge.

littlepaul1002 08-09-2018 12:57 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
I just watched the pilot episode for AOSTH, and Jim Cummings's Robotnik sounded like Deem Bristow's Eggman in some points.

SonicWarrior234 08-10-2018 08:43 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 144889)
I just watched the pilot episode for AOSTH, and Jim Cummings's Robotnik sounded like Deem Bristow's Eggman in some points.

Yep. Something tells me if they stuck with the original cast after Deem passed away, Jim Cummings would have been the right guy to succeed him.

Troodon2 08-25-2018 03:57 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Not a bad pre-lay cast for this iteration. I especially dig Yuri as Sonic, Kaye as Knuckles, Lodge as Eggman, Grey as Rouge, Cam as Shadow, and Fagerbakke as Big Cat.

littlepaul1002 08-25-2018 10:50 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
David Rasner as Shadow anyone? Mostly because Shadow's Japanese seiyu, Koji Yusa, plays Archer in Blood+ (who's also voiced by Rasner in English).

Marusero 08-28-2018 04:42 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
If Michael Reisz was still involved in voice acting, don't you think he would've made for a good/decent Sonic? His Takuya Kanbara voice gave me this idea.

littlepaul1002 08-29-2018 06:22 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
After talking about Vic Mignogna as Knuckles, I think Mignogna's Ikkaku Madarame will work on Knuckles.

If you don't believe me, here is the link.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...kaku-Madarame/

ConfusedPhantom 09-01-2018 09:14 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
IDW Sonic Ocean Cast

Sonic the Hedgehog & ??? :: Sam Vincent
Miles "Tails" Prower :: Cathy Weseluck
Knuckles the Echidna :: Andrew Francis
Amy Rose :: Caitlyn Bairstow
Blaze the Cat :: Tabitha St. Germain / Ashleigh Ball
Tangle the Lemur :: Maryke Hendrikse
Espio the Chameleon :: Michael Daingerfield
Charmy Bee :: Jillian Michaels
Vector the Crocodile :: Michael Dobson
Shadow the Hedgehog :: Alessandro Juliani
Rouge the Bat :: Lisa Ann Beley
Silver the Hedgehog :: Vincent Tong
Whisper the Wolf :: Andrea Libman
Dr. Eggman :: Brian Drummond /Michael Dobson / Richard Newman

Marusero 09-15-2018 08:05 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ConfusedPhantom (Post 145676)
IDW Sonic Ocean Cast

Sonic the Hedgehog & ??? :: Sam Vincent
Miles "Tails" Prower :: Cathy Weseluck
Knuckles the Echidna :: Andrew Francis
Amy Rose :: Caitlyn Bairstow
Blaze the Cat :: Tabitha St. Germain / Ashleigh Ball
Tangle the Lemur :: Maryke Hendrikse
Espio the Chameleon :: Michael Daingerfield
Charmy Bee :: Jillian Michaels
Vector the Crocodile :: Michael Dobson
Shadow the Hedgehog :: Alessandro Juliani
Rouge the Bat :: Lisa Ann Beley
Silver the Hedgehog :: Vincent Tong
Whisper the Wolf :: Andrea Libman
Dr. Eggman :: Brian Drummond /Michael Dobson / Richard Newman

That's a pretty interesting take on an Ocean cast for the IDW comics (which I have yet to read, by the way). I particularly like Sam as Sonic (though I'd also like to suggest Brad Swaile), Cathy as Tails, Tabitha/Ashleigh as Blaze, Jillian as Charmy, Alessandro as Shadow, Lisa as Rouge, and Richard as Eggman. As for Daingerfield, though, I think I'd cast him as Shadow; not that I'd dislike him as Espio, it's just that I'm unsure. Additionally, his Wheeljack voice reminds of Jason Griffith's Shadow in a way, so there's that.

Overall, good job, man.

ConfusedPhantom 09-16-2018 11:31 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 146081)
That's a pretty interesting take on an Ocean cast for the IDW comics (which I have yet to read, by the way). I particularly like Sam as Sonic (though I'd also like to suggest Brad Swaile), Cathy as Tails, Tabitha/Ashleigh as Blaze, Jillian as Charmy, Alessandro as Shadow, Lisa as Rouge, and Richard as Eggman. As for Daingerfield, though, I think I'd cast him as Shadow; not that I'd dislike him as Espio, it's just that I'm unsure. Additionally, his Wheeljack voice reminds of Jason Griffith's Shadow in a way, so there's that.

Overall, good job, man.

Good thing I didn't put in spoilers.

I put Alessandro over him, because he's good at cold, cunning characters (he can still yell tho) but still sound young. Brad is great, but I just picked Sam over him because he did him before and his young voices are great too. Huh, it's weird to think he's not doign much these days. Brad used be everywhere.

Anyway, I think Espio needs an older voice. It's kind of a waste to put Daingerfield there though, I admit that much. It's a waste to put Troy Baker there too. Oof.

But, yeah, thanks for your input.

NCZ 09-16-2018 05:35 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146103)
Michael Bell as Knuckles anyone?

Just because an actor dubbed over one of the seiyuu's roles does not mean they will work for all of their roles.

NCZ 09-16-2018 05:45 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146106)
What? Come on! What is with this "Two Actors Share One Role" controversy? Don't tell me the Dream Cast topic changed.

The "topic" never changed, it's just such a boxed-in way of thinking. Personally I like dream cast threads where people have proper reasoning and cast actors for a series they're really passionate about. I just think it really clogs things up to have so many threads where the only process is "this actor dubbed the Japanese actor once" because all it does is end up limiting you to what came before instead of coming up with something new and original. It ends up making things feel less creative and more like a game of trivia, especially when ALL the casts being made are like that.

Metabad 09-16-2018 05:49 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146103)
Michael Bell as Knuckles anyone?

Literally no one wants that.

NCZ 09-16-2018 05:52 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146109)
I just don't like how people complained about the Two Actors Share One Role stuff. Its making me upset. If it keeps doing this, I might have to give up making more dream casts.

Look, it's an internet forum. I'm sorry you feel that way and I do mean that, but the idea of this forum is to talk to people and we can interact with each other. Feedback is just a part of that. It wouldn't exactly be very fun if we were just coming up with ideas and then shouting them into a void with no response. Sometimes you will get praise, sometimes you will receive criticism, but for the most part it's intended to be constructive. If you're putting yourself out there then that is what comes with the territory. And if you stand by them you should be able to back up your reasons. Look, I'm sorry that it feels distressing right now, but it's really not a big deal and there's no reason to take it so personally.

Marusero 09-16-2018 07:15 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ConfusedPhantom (Post 146094)
Good thing I didn't put in spoilers.

I put Alessandro over him, because he's good at cold, cunning characters (he can still yell tho) but still sound young. Brad is great, but I just picked Sam over him because he did him before and his young voices are great too. Huh, it's weird to think he's not doign much these days. Brad used be everywhere.

Anyway, I think Espio needs an older voice. It's kind of a waste to put Daingerfield there though, I admit that much. It's a waste to put Troy Baker there too. Oof.

But, yeah, thanks for your input.

You're welcome, man; I simply wanted to give you some feedback.

Regarding Sam as Sonic, I can totally understand your reasoning, and I agree that it'd be interesting to see him reprise the role one day—if given the chance, that is—. However, I'm kind of curious as to what you mean by Brad "not doing much these days".

Back to Daingerfield as Espio, could you please link me to a decent example of what he could sound like? Again, I'm just concerned, is all.

That said, it's your cast list, so you do you.

8000 Saiyans 09-16-2018 08:21 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 146114)
You're welcome, man; I simply wanted to give you some feedback.

Regarding Sam as Sonic, I can totally understand your reasoning, and I agree that it'd be interesting to see him reprise the role one day—if given the chance, that is—. However, I'm kind of curious as to what you mean by Brad "not doing much these days".

Back to Daingerfield as Espio, could you please link me to a decent example of what he could sound like? Again, I'm just concerned, is all.

That said, it's your cast list, so you do you.

I think he means that Brad doesn't work that much anymore. Compared to his pals at Ocean, he doesn't have that many roles.

littlepaul1002 09-29-2018 03:28 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Tim Curry as Dr. Eggman anyone?

Troodon2 09-29-2018 03:40 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146544)
Tim Curry as Dr. Eggman anyone?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

littlepaul1002 10-04-2018 03:17 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Might be a miscast, but, Kathleen Barr as Tails anyone, mostly using her Edgar voice from Edgar and Ellen?

Marusero 10-09-2018 03:11 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Cherami Leigh as Blaze, anyone? Thanks to a handful of clips of her performance as A2, I can see her doing a decent job. Now, don't get me wrong, I still think she'd be awesome as Amy, but this type of role would also be an interesting change of pace for her.

SonicWarrior234 10-11-2018 02:34 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 146781)
Cherami Leigh as Blaze, anyone? Thanks to a handful of clips of her performance as A2, I can see her doing a decent job. Now, don't get me wrong, I still think she'd be awesome as Amy, but this type of role would also be an interesting change of pace for her.

She'd fit Blaze pretty well.

Marusero 10-11-2018 02:56 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 146845)
She'd fit Blaze pretty well.

Thanks for the feedback, man.

8000 Saiyans 10-12-2018 03:41 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146766)
What if Sonic X was dubbed in Toronto in the early-2000s? If it did, here is what the cast could have been like.

Voice Director: Debra Toffan

Scott McCord - Sonic the Hedgehog
Tracey Moore - Miles "Tails" Prower
Peter Keleghan - Knuckles the Echidna
Katie Griffin - Amy Rose
Tajja Isen - Cream the Rabbit
Dan Hennessey - Dr. Eggman
Linda Ballantyne - Rouge the Bat
Dwayne Hill - Decoe
Darren Frost - Bocoe
Joanne Vannicola - Christopher Thorndyke
Adrian Truss - Dark Oak
Bryn McAuley - Cosmo
Ryo Hirohashi - Cheese
Cal Dodd - Shadow the Hedgehog
Jamie Watson - Big the Cat
Cameron Ansell - Bokkun
George Buza - Chuck Thorndyke
Dwayne Hill - Ella
Denis Akiyama - Mr. Tanaka
Martin Roach - Nelson Thorndyke
Stacey Depass - Lindsay Thorndyke
Richard Waugh - Sam Speed
Robert Tinkler - Mr. Stewart
Tracey Moore - Scarlet Garcia
Denis Akiyama - E-102 Gamma
Terri Hawkes - Topaz
Harvey Atkin - President
Peter Keleghan - Jerome Wise
Samantha Reynolds - Christine Cooper
Martin Roach - Vector the Crocodile
Tony Daniels - Espio the Chameleon
Stephanie Beard - Charmy Bee
Phoebe McAuley - Frances
Samantha Reynolds - Danny
Tajja Isen - Helen
No Voice Actor - Chaos
Sonja Ball - Tikal
Denis Akiyama - E-101 Beta
Denis Akiyama - E-103 Delta
Denis Akiyama - E-104 Epsilon
Tajja Isen - Maria
Robert Tinkler - Christopher Thorndyke (Older)
Danny Wells - Pachacamac
Sonja Ball - Vanilla the Rabbit
Robert Tinkler - Commander
Sean Cullen - Professor Gerald Robotnik
Lawrence Bayne - Dark Narcissus
Robert Tinkler - Red Pine
Aron Tager - Yellow Zelkova
Juan Chioran - Pale Bay Leaf
Adrian Truss - Lucas
Dwayne Hill - E-51 Intelligente
Julie Lemieux - Galaxina
Alyson Court - Molly
Tim Hamaguchi - Leon
Ben Campbell - Hawk
George Buza - Albert Butler
Martin Roach - Elmer Johnson

Not sure about Dodd working well as Shadow.

8000 Saiyans 10-12-2018 10:49 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146854)
If it doesn't work well, should I go with another Toronto actor?

It's supposed to be a Toronto cast, right?

8000 Saiyans 10-12-2018 10:53 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146856)
Yes, it's a Toronto cast.

Well, I can't think of anyone in the Toronto cast who could pull off Shadow, but then again my experience with that talent pool is limited.

Autovolt 10-12-2018 11:24 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8000 Saiyans (Post 146857)
Well, I can't think of anyone in the Toronto cast who could pull off Shadow, but then again my experience with that talent pool is limited.

Maybe Vincent Corazza?

Lion's Edge 10-12-2018 04:13 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Funimation

Sonic the Hedgehog: Micah Solusod (Soul Evans, Soul Eater)
Miles "Tails" Prower: Kara Edwards (Goten, Dragon Ball Z Kai)
Knuckles the Echidna: Ian Sinclair (Yu Kanda, D.Gray-man Hallow)
Amy Rose: Cherami Leigh (Lucy Heartfilia, Fairy Tail)
Cream the Rabbit: Brittney Karbowski (Wendy Marvell, Fairy Tail)
Big the Cat: Chris Cason (Gluttony, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Shadow the Hedgehog: David Matranga (Shouto Todoroki, My Hero Academia)
Rouge the Bat: Luci Christian (Trish, Devil May Cry: The Animated Series)
E-123 Omega: Jeremy Inman (Android 16, Dragon Ball Z Kai)
Espio the Chameleon: J. Michael Tatum (Tenya Īda, My Hero Academia)
Vector the Crocodile: Chris Rager (Hercule Satan, Dragon Ball Z Kai)
Charmy Bee: Tia Ballard (Happy, Fairy Tail)
Silver the Hedgehog: Todd Haberkorn (Allen Walker, D.Gray-man)
Blaze the Cat: Colleen Clinkenbeard (Erza Scarlet, Fairy Tail)
Jet the Hawk: Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Wave the Swallow: Jamie Marchi (Panty Anarchy, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)
Storm the Albatross: Patrick Seitz (Bizarro, Injustice 2)
Tikal the Echidna: Caitlin Glass (Nefertari Vivi, One Piece)

Doctor Eggman: R. Bruce Elliott (Ginyu, Dragon Ball Super)


... by my own confession, I am not actually super knowledgeable/confident with Funi's pool of VO talent. But I felt like trying to mix it up a bit... I am more surprised at myself for not using Christopher Sabat once on this list.

Marusero 10-14-2018 04:12 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 146907)
Ideas for Tails' Dream Voices (Toronto Style)

Tracey Moore (George from George Shrinks)
Susan Roman (no idea)
Joanne Vannicola (One from Seven Little Monsters)
Laurie Elliot (Noah from Atomic Betty)
Jordan Todosey (Adam Torres from Degrassi, but more boyish)
Julie Lemieux (Rupert Bear from Rupert, without the accent)
Linda Ballantyne (Sinker from Meteor and the Mighty Monster Trucks, without the accent)
Samantha Reynolds (Ikki Tenryou from Medabots)

No offense, pal, but I'm afraid that we can no longer list VAs that we think would be good for a certain character, as seen here (see #1). If it's okay with you, though, you can share your ideas with me in our conversation.

HyperVoiceActing 10-14-2018 05:11 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion's Edge (Post 146876)
Funimation

Sonic the Hedgehog: Micah Solusod (Soul Evans, Soul Eater)
Miles "Tails" Prower: Kara Edwards (Goten, Dragon Ball Z Kai)
Knuckles the Echidna: Ian Sinclair (Yu Kanda, D.Gray-man Hallow)
Amy Rose: Cherami Leigh (Lucy Heartfilia, Fairy Tail)

Cream the Rabbit: Brittney Karbowski (Wendy Marvell, Fairy Tail)
Big the Cat: Chris Cason (Gluttony, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Shadow the Hedgehog: David Matranga (Shouto Todoroki, My Hero Academia)
Rouge the Bat: Luci Christian (Trish, Devil May Cry: The Animated Series)
E-123 Omega: Jeremy Inman (Android 16, Dragon Ball Z Kai)
Espio the Chameleon: J. Michael Tatum (Tenya Īda, My Hero Academia)
Vector the Crocodile: Chris Rager (Hercule Satan, Dragon Ball Z Kai)
Charmy Bee: Tia Ballard (Happy, Fairy Tail)
Silver the Hedgehog: Todd Haberkorn (Allen Walker, D.Gray-man)
Blaze the Cat: Colleen Clinkenbeard (Erza Scarlet, Fairy Tail)
Jet the Hawk: Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Wave the Swallow: Jamie Marchi (Panty Anarchy, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)
Storm the Albatross: Patrick Seitz (Bizarro, Injustice 2)
Tikal the Echidna: Caitlin Glass (Nefertari Vivi, One Piece)


Doctor Eggman: R. Bruce Elliott (Ginyu, Dragon Ball Super)


... by my own confession, I am not actually super knowledgeable/confident with Funi's pool of VO talent. But I felt like trying to mix it up a bit... I am more surprised at myself for not using Christopher Sabat once on this list.

Favorites in bold

8000 Saiyans 10-21-2018 02:21 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 144215)
After listening to John Burgmeier as River Zastory in Black Cat, I think he could make for a good Knuckles.

Do you actually think he could work as Knuckles because you felt his performance was fitting to the character or because he just happened to dub over Nobutoshi Canna, who voices Knuckles in Japanese?

Marusero 10-21-2018 02:26 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8000 Saiyans (Post 147157)
Do you actually think he could work as Knuckles because you felt his performance was fitting to the character or because he just happened to dub over Nobutoshi Canna, who voices Knuckles in Japanese»

Probably the former, but not necessarily the latter. Sorry for the confusion.

Marusero 11-05-2018 05:45 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Spike Spencer as Silver, anyone?

Marusero 11-19-2018 05:56 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
If anyone remembers when I suggested Yū Kobayashi as a potential seiyū for Blaze in the future (which you can check here; see post #361), I would like to explain why I think she'd be an interesting choice: she voiced a character whose associated element is fire, a feline girl, and a princess. I mean, wouldn't it be cool if she voiced a character with those three traits combined into one?

8000 Saiyans 12-02-2018 07:11 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Don't you ever get tired of making dream casts, Paul?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.