Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   What Is Patreon? (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   BTVA Patreon - Rewards (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21768)

NCZ 04-08-2018 10:23 PM

BTVA Patreon - Rewards

This is the part that most interests you guys.

Feel free to give us ideas and tell us what you would like to see as rewards for supporting BTVA on Patreon.

Here are a few ideas we've thought about. As always, tell us which ones you like, which ones suck, give us your own ideas, and ALWAYS tell us why.

*Giveaways and Raffles (e.g. digital download codes for shows, games, etc., voice messages from VAs)
*Priority Requests (i.e. anyone who gives $5 a month can request anything and have it be completed within a week - obviously with exceptions like if a month is reserved for a VC spotlight. Usual request guidelines apply)
*Early access to BTVA podcast (IF THAT GETS OFF THE GROUND) (i.e. Give $1 a month = Can access the podcast episodes a week earlier than the general public)
*"VIP" subforum for professional VAs to interact with us and among each other
* Entry in AYVO revival (if that happens)
*Idea Input - Be able to suggest or have input in things like VC spotlights, or upgrades to the site that you would like to see.

Kioea 04-09-2018 04:16 AM

Re: BTVA Patreon - Rewards

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 140019)
*Priority Requests (i.e. anyone who gives $5 a month can request anything and have it be completed within a week - obviously with exceptions like if a month is reserved for a VC spotlight. Usual request guidelines apply)

I have slightly mixed feeling about this one. For obvious personal reasons, I can see that it would be a very good idea. However, while it doesn't explicitly say so, the phrasing might imply that you have to pledge $5 a month just to have a request looked at. That may be a little off-putting to those who want to help, but can't afford to consistently give up $5 (it's perfectly possible), or those who have never used Patreon before, and are therefore somewhat hesitant about joining said site to begin with. Perhaps I'm taking all this at face value, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

Also, thinking of things from the other side, I can see a situation where you might get a huge influx from people expecting requests to be completed quickly, and end up being more overworked than you are now - even with the new resources.

Having said all that, I do still like the basic idea. I think an interesting extension/variation of this might be to have supporters with long-term pending requests be able to nominate one such request a month for completion - provided it meets the stated criteria, there's no VC spotlight scheduled, and they are 100% happy with it.

Bry 04-09-2018 04:47 AM

See, while I love the idea, I’m a bit concerned (mostly at Kioea’s overworked point). It feels like it would be biting off more than you could chew (even since you’re all already busy from what Foxwolf said). If it does happen, I think 10 dollars per month sounds more reasonable, in a financial way.

I’ll probably piss off people who are okay with giving five bucks and don’t want to spend money or are in a financial crisis, but yeah.

Nightmare Crusher 04-09-2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kioea (Post 140026)
However, while it doesn't explicitly say so, the phrasing might imply that you have to pledge $5 a month just to have a request looked at.

Also, thinking of things from the other side, I can see a situation where you might get a huge influx from people expecting requests to be completed quickly, and end up being more overworked than you are now - even with the new resources.

I think these two things in tandem make the idea somewhat risky. You may end up having so many of these priorities requests that little to no other requests get filled out. A lot of requests already take a long time to get done, and I understand why that is, but if you suddenly have a way to fast track it for money that might look bad to people who have been waiting on stuff for a long time.

Kioea 04-09-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 140019)
*Idea Input - Be able to suggest or have input in things like VC spotlights, or upgrades to the site that you would like to see.

Moving on, I love this idea, but here's something I've just thought of. Seeing as VA interviews are one of the goals, could one of these be suggesting potential interviewees? For consideration, at least.

NCZ 04-09-2018 08:09 AM

Yeah, I had a feeling that might be a bit risky. Glad to hear the input.

The idea of certain requesters ending up getting left in the dust, or the implications behind it, is a valid concern so that's something to think about. And of course we don't want to make things too hard on ourselves starting out either.

For now I think we can cross that off then. The last idea feels like it might be a better implementation of the idea the more I think about it.

Quote:

Moving on, I love this idea, but here's something I've just thought of. Seeing as VA interviews are one of the goals, could one of these be suggesting potential interviewees? For consideration, at least.
Yes, that'd be one thing to consider. It'd help be a pretty direct gauge of who the people want to see.

Soul-dragon 04-09-2018 08:24 AM

It's about time you started something like this. It'll be a good way to get more compares done since many people have been requesting them. I'd invest but I'm dead broke.
Either way this while a risky move is a step in the right direction! Nice call!

OptimusSolo 04-09-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 140033)

For now I think we can cross that off then. The last idea feels like it might be a better implementation of the idea the more I think about it.

Yes, that'd be one thing to consider. It'd help be a pretty direct gauge of who the people want to see.

I dont think it necessarily needs to be crossed off quite yet - tweaked maybe but not crossed off.

NCZ 04-09-2018 12:08 PM

Just a thought:

Would people be interested in the idea of exclusive livestreams or chat sessions with site staff? It can be a group thing which might be a fun social experience. I'm just throwing it out there. It could be like me chatting to people while playing a game or something. Or setting up something dumb like a Mario Kart tournament or something. Or just setting up group chats for fun on discord or something stupid so people can keep me busy while I work on site stuff. Similar to how for example I know people on Youtube sometimes do livestreams while editing videos where they chat with fans. All just for fun. I'm just spitballing. Is that something people'd be into?

Soul-dragon 04-09-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 140056)
Just a thought:

Would people be interested in the idea of exclusive livestreams or chat sessions with site staff? It can be a group thing which might be a fun social experience. I'm just throwing it out there. It could be like me chatting to people while playing a game or something. Or setting up something dumb like a Mario Kart tournament or something. Or just setting up group chats for fun so people can keep me busy while I work on site stuff. Similar to how for example I know people on Youtube sometimes do livestreams while editing videos where they chat with fans. All just for fun. I'm just spitballing. Is that something people'd be into?

I'd be ok with that. Maybe you could set up an official twitch account or Youtube channel? A reddit page would also be nice.