Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Final Fantasy 7 Remake (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23853)

Torak 05-09-2019 03:33 PM

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

...Have Steve Burton and George Newbern been replaced?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0YG3qfZ8E

Nightmare Crusher 05-09-2019 03:48 PM

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Oh come on. You just had to find a way to mess it up, didn't you Square? Steve Burton and Beau Billingslea were in the last trailer and now they're just gone? But you kept the guy doing Biggs? What is this?

Frontier 05-09-2019 04:20 PM

Wow, seriously? Didn't see that coming.

Square is usually pretty good about VA consistency, and used the current VA's for the last trailer, so I'm kind of surprised they're recasting. They even had Newbern voice the reveal trailer way back when.

I doubt these are just placeholders...did they just want to start fresh for the remake? Although I imagine the JP side is probably going to be the same.

I'm really not crazy about Sephiroth's new voice.

Marakutanay 05-09-2019 04:31 PM

They also kept Lindbeck as Jessie. Those recasts really surprise though.

Nightmare Crusher 05-09-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 156879)

Square is usually pretty good about VA consistency, and used the current VA's for the last trailer, so I'm kind of surprised they're recasting. They even had Newbern voice the reveal trailer way back when.

That's actually not true. The narrator of that trailer was David Lodge.

Frontier 05-09-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher (Post 156881)
That's actually not true. The narrator of that trailer was David Lodge.

Ah, I can hear it now. I remember when I first heard it sounded a lot like Newbern. Oh well.

SNaG 05-09-2019 08:57 PM

Steve Burton as Cloud and George Newbern as Sephiroth are such great castings, to the point that they even shined brightly when Bob Buchholz was directing them. I was hoping they would get a chance to actually go through their characters respective arcs. I would have LOVED Steve to give the Cloud performance I've been wanting to hear from him, and to confront George Newbern Sephiroth at the end.... magnifique.

But NOPE! First impressions, subject to change.

Cloud sounds.... acceptable. Barrett is whatever. Aerith sounds bland. Sephiroth is NOT good.

Why Square? You've kept a good chunk of this cast, especially Steve and George, there for over a DECADE. And now, when they can finally do justice to the roles they've been playing in endless spinoffs, you cast them aside?

Frontier 05-09-2019 10:00 PM

I wonder if they wanted to go with newer or younger VA's for the remake and moving forward. Really the only reason I could think of for recasting like this after they stuck with the Advent Children VA's for so long.

And will all the major characters have new VA's? Well, Quinton Flynn will probably still be Reno just to preserve the casting gag.

Norozco18 05-10-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNaG (Post 156888)
Steve Burton as Cloud and George Newbern as Sephiroth are such great castings, to the point that they even shined brightly when Bob Buchholz was directing them. I was hoping they would get a chance to actually go through their characters respective arcs. I would have LOVED Steve to give the Cloud performance I've been wanting to hear from him, and to confront George Newbern Sephiroth at the end.... magnifique.

But NOPE! First impressions, subject to change.

Cloud sounds.... acceptable. Barrett is whatever. Aerith sounds bland. Sephiroth is NOT good.

Why Square? You've kept a good chunk of this cast, especially Steve and George, there for over a DECADE. And now, when they can finally do justice to the roles they've been playing in endless spinoffs, you cast them aside?

But wait a minute, if that were true, then why would Steve Burton tweeted that he was involved in the remake from 2 years ago, when the trailer shows that he clearly wasn't, so don't think that's coming off as a little bit suspicious to anyone? :confused:

SNaG 05-10-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norozco18 (Post 156898)
But wait a minute, if that were true, then why would Steve Burton tweeted that he was involved in the remake from 2 years ago, when the trailer shows that he clearly wasn't, so don't think that's coming off as a little bit suspicious to anyone? :confused:

Uh.................... the answer is that he was recast.