Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Guardians of the Galaxy (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13532)

virtual revenger 09-13-2014 09:14 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy
 
Are the rumors true?

Polyester Funk 09-13-2014 10:34 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
In the Avengers Assemble boards there is a link which says that the series hasn't been greenlit despite the rumors. It's just something that they are working on/toying with.

TylerMirage 09-14-2014 07:52 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
I don't doubt that it's only a matter of time before a GotG show becomes a reality. We've been inundated with GotG media in the past year-and-a-half, and I'm sure a series based solely on the Guardians would sell like hotcakes.

They've pretty much already established their core voice cast ('cept for RR, because he's got some split personality issues :laughing: ) that they would use, have sprinkled in just enough GotG in other Marvel media, and by their very nature ("space-travelling team of galactic heroes who argue and stuff") the Guardians are an awesome idea to translate to a series.

It wouldn't surprise me if we got official word of 'yay or nay' by the end of the year, and then even a possible airdate of late 2015 or early 2016.

SupremeTarantulas 09-14-2014 01:20 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerMirage (Post 80871)
I don't doubt that it's only a matter of time before a GotG show becomes a reality. We've been inundated with GotG media in the past year-and-a-half, and I'm sure a series based solely on the Guardians would sell like hotcakes.

They've pretty much already established their core voice cast ('cept for RR, because he's got some split personality issues :laughing: ) that they would use, have sprinkled in just enough GotG in other Marvel media, and by their very nature ("space-travelling team of galactic heroes who argue and stuff") the Guardians are an awesome idea to translate to a series.

It wouldn't surprise me if we got official word of 'yay or nay' by the end of the year, and then even a possible airdate of late 2015 or early 2016.

With the popularity of the team in recent years because of the MCU, it seems pretty likely. The main reason EMH or AA exists was because of the MCU, so this is more likely than a Fantastic Four cartoon, since we've seen almost nothing of the team as a whole, and nothing to promote that idea.

Polyester Funk 09-14-2014 11:09 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
A GOTG series is probably coming considering how much they've been seen lately. As for that article I mentioned, well, maybe word got out before it was supposed to and they had to do a little backtracking.

TheLemsterPju 10-10-2014 05:10 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Confirmed. It will air in 2015.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56184
Quote:

Confirming persistent rumors, The New York Times reports Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" will debut next year as an animated series airing on Disney XD.

Unsurprisingly, the series will feature characters from the blockbuster film, which has grossed $324 million domestically since its Aug. 1 premiere: Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax. Disney wouldn't say whether the movie's stars will be involved.

Footage of a "Guardians" cartoon was shown in July at Comic-Con International, sparking numerous reports that an animated series was heading to Disney XD. However, Marvel Animation was quick to dismiss this claims, with Vice President of Current Animation Stephen Wacker telling CBR News, ">We definitively did not announce a 'GOTG' animated series. We just showed some test footage that one of our animators (Leo Riley) was working on."

However, now? It is announced, with Wacker telling The Times the producers will attempt to replicate the hit film's offbeat humor while continuing its plot. To that end, Thanos will have a prominent role in the series.

He said the hope is that "Guardians" reflects "Phase 2" of Marvel Animation, which already produces "Ultimate Spider-Man," "Avengers Assemble" and "Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H." for Disney XD.

“We’ve learned what works on TV and what doesn’t," Wacker told the newspaper, explaining that one lesson is “not to underestimate the audience. "You can’t be afraid to go deeper, to explore stories and characters with some depth. This audience may be young, but it can spot a stinker a mile away.”

Production has begun on "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy," an upcoming animated-television series for Disney XD, featuring the hugely popular characters introduced in the record-breaking Marvel Studios film of the same name. The announcement was made today by Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television, at New York Comic-Con. Produced by Marvel Television, the series stars Peter Quill as Star-Lord, the brash adventurer who, to save the universe from its greatest threats, joins forces with a quartet of disparate misfits – fan-favorite Rocket Raccoon, a tree-like humanoid named Groot, the enigmatic, expert fighter Gamora and the rough-edged warrior Drax the Destroyer. The series will premiere in 2015 on the Marvel Universe programming block on Disney XD.

"The movie and franchise quickly became a worldwide phenomenon. We're looking forward to working with the great team at Marvel Television to deliver an engaging animated series that fans can enjoy each week," said Marc Buhaj, Senior Vice President, Programming and General Manager, Disney XD.

"This is a very exciting time for the Marvel Animation Studio as we get to explore the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe by developing the first-ever 'Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series," said Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television. "After starring in the biggest movie of 2014, everyone wants more of Star-Lord and his crew – now they'll get it."

Produced by Marvel Animation, the series' award-winning creative team includes executive producers Alan Fine ("Marvel's The Avengers," "Iron Man," "Thor"), Dan Buckley ("Marvel's Avengers Assemble," "Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H."), Joe Quesada ("Marvel's Avengers Assemble") and Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."); co-executive producers Stan Lee ("Spider-Man"), Eric Radomski ("Spawn," "Marvel's Avengers Assemble"), Cort Lane ("Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man") and Stephen Wacker ("Marvel's Avengers Assemble"); supervising producers Marty Isenberg ("Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters") and Harrison Wilcox ("Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H."); consulting producer Steven Melching ("Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H."); and supervising director Leo Riley ("TRON: Uprising").

With the success of its recent theatrical release, Guardians of the Galaxy has joined the Avengers and Spider-Man as one of Marvel's most prominent franchises. Premiering in August 2014, Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" debuted to rave reviews and a $94 million opening weekend – the largest August opening in North American history. The film has become the most successful domestic release of 2014, topping the box office for four weeks since its release.

Polyester Funk 10-10-2014 11:09 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Well, I figured it'd be sooner rather than later that this happened. The GOTG were in a huge blockbuster movie not to mention they have been featured in all of the other Marvel toons so far. A testing of the waters if you will. I don't know if you listened to Skeletonking's interview with Trevor Devall, but in it he says that he's working on something with Marvel that he couldn't talk about yet. I have to wonder if this is it. He did play Rocket Raccoon already and it's quite likely that he will again. I thought he was good, I hope they go with him over Seth Green. Didn't much care for his Rocket. He's in so much stuff as it is I'm not he would have the time to do another series.

I also wonder if this new series will be connected to the already established Marvel toons. It would seem likely that it will be since they've had the Guardians on the other programs. Why start from scratch?

TylerMirage 10-11-2014 08:31 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
I think it'd be cool if the start of the series was kind of an 'origin' story. I'm tired of origin stories in film, but seeing as how AA and SMASH (and even USM, kind of) started in medias res, getting an origin story for Guardians (if it's set in the same world as the current string of Marvel Animation), would be cool. Think about it.

Episode 1: Episode focused on Peter Quill.
Episode 2: Gamora's story. Ends with Peter Quill meeting her.
Episode 3: Rocket's story. Get some insight into his character. Ends with Peter and Gamora showing up to recruit him.
Episode 4: Drax's story. All about Drax, ends with Peter, Gamora and Rocket showing up.
Episode 5: Groot's story. I think we'd all like to see more of Groot and his origins. Ends with the four showing up to recruit Groot.

Then the sixth episode can be the start of the whole "team"-thing.

It'd be awesome if Devall was Rocket. Seeing an Ocean VA in a main role for an American series like this would be great. But it also wouldn't surprise me if they went with Nolan. He's the most "Bradley Cooper-sounding" of Billy, Seth and Trevor, and we all know how Marvel Animation is with trying to be like the MCU...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polyester Funk (Post 82423)
I also wonder if this new series will be connected to the already established Marvel toons. It would seem likely that it will be since they've had the Guardians on the other programs. Why start from scratch?

Strong feelings that it'll definitely be connected to USM/AA/SMASH. Having the GotG appear in all three series is, just like you said, PF, 'testing the waters'.

But looking at the art style of that poster and animation in the test footage, it seems like they might be trying to get away from the USM/AA/SMASH style. So, perhaps that means this new GotG series will be its own thing? Doubtful, but I can hope. It's just test footage, so the final product may not even look as cool and stylized as that, and they may just go back to the tried-and-true designs of USM/AA/SMASH. Plus, they seem to have changed the designs to even more closely resemble the MCU. So all of the Guardians look different than how they've been shown in USM/AA/SMASH. Maybe an indication of it not connecting? Or just their attempts to be all HEY GUISE IT LOOKS MORE LIKE THE MOVIE NOW!

I mean, I'll gladly be wrong about both connecting to USM/AA/SMASH and the animation style. But so far, Marvel Animation hasn't given me much reason to suspect that they'll break the mold anytime soon.

Autovolt 10-11-2014 08:35 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
I think its very possible that Trevor Devall is voicing Rocket Racoon in this series.

Honestly my feelings towards this is very mixed.

The Doctor 10-11-2014 12:09 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Hopefully Wacker's comment about learning their mistakes from previous shows isn't just PR talk and they really are starting to take their audience more seriously.

Nightmare Crusher 10-11-2014 02:38 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
In a recent interview by our own skeletonking1234, Trevor Devall is working on something big with Marvel. I'd be perfectly fine with this. From what I've heard he's a much better Rocket than Seth Green or Billy West.

TylerMirage 10-11-2014 03:16 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher (Post 82448)
In a recent interview by our own skeletonking1234, Trevor Devall is working on something big with Marvel. I'd be perfectly fine with this. From what I've heard he's a much better Rocket than...Billy West.

You shut your filthy mouth, NC! You just shut your filthy mouth!

:D

I have to rewatch the episode of USM with Devall as Rocket. For some reason I can't remember his voice all that well. All I know is that, for me, it goes Billy West > Seth Green.

SupremeTarantulas 10-11-2014 06:43 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
The design for Drax doesn't resemble the movie at all. It wasn't blue, Not a fan of Gamora's design either besides the Pink/red highlights in her hair it looks nothing like Zoe Saldana, if that's what they're going for, and the skin is too light. Even Groot looks weird. Star-Lord doesn't look like Chris Pratt that much. It seems this is it's own series judging by dialogue, and the other Marvel shows will probably have died off by the time it premieres.

TylerMirage 10-11-2014 08:42 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 82461)
The design for Drax doesn't resemble the movie at all. It wasn't blue

You're right, the movie one wasn't blue.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4d8d1c20.jpg

It was a very dull green, fading to near-gray, just like this art for the new series.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...ps219c867f.jpg

There's no denying that the characters were redesigned to more closely resemble their movie counterparts. Especially when you consider that Drax's former design was this:

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6dca78c1.jpg

Going from a more verdant green to a very dull green/gray? Adding those black/blue pants? The red markings above the eyebrows? Yep. Doesn't resemble the movie at all...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 82461)
Not a fan of Gamora's design either besides the Pink/red highlights in her hair it looks nothing like Zoe Saldana, if that's what they're going for, and the skin is too light.

...You're just messing with us, right, pete? :p Because her design here looks about 95% exactly like an animated Saldana-Gamora would look like, the main difference being the more 'alien' eyes present.

Polyester Funk 10-11-2014 11:12 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
After watching the test footage I'm now inclined to believe that it won't connect to the current Marvel toons and that it'll be its own thing. Which is fine, although it is "test footage" so the style may change a bit. I mean I'm pretty sure that they'll stick with the movie-style designs for the characters, I'm just talking about overall animation. It being it's own thing would be alright, though. If it's set mostly in space it might not have to connect anyway.

I don't think I totally remember what Trevor Devall sounded like as Rocket, but I remember liking him and since he did mention that he was doing something for Marvel I suspect it's this. I'd be fine with Nolan North being him since he does sound similar to Bradley Cooper. Not that I think that they have to have Rocket sound like that, but I'd be OK with it. Wasn't really that big on Seth Green. He's fine in brief cameo appearances, but I'd rather not have him on a whole series. Boy, I hope that it doesn't sound like I'm hating on the guy, I just wasn't to keen on his Rocket voice.

SupremeTarantulas 10-12-2014 08:33 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerMirage (Post 82465)
You're right, the movie one wasn't blue.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4d8d1c20.jpg

It was a very dull green, fading to near-gray, just like this art for the new series.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...ps219c867f.jpg

There's no denying that the characters were redesigned to more closely resemble their movie counterparts. Especially when you consider that Drax's former design was this:

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6dca78c1.jpg

Going from a more verdant green to a very dull green/gray? Adding those black/blue pants? The red markings above the eyebrows? Yep. Doesn't resemble the movie at all...



...You're just messing with us, right, pete? :p Because her design here looks about 95% exactly like an animated Saldana-Gamora would look like, the main difference being the more 'alien' eyes present.

I honestly thought he was dark green most of the movie, he was in dark shots mostly and I guess I wasn't paying attention in his light shots. I think Gamora looks brighter than her movie version, and the eyes give a lizardish appearance so not a fan of this design compared to Saldana's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polyester Funk (Post 82474)
After watching the test footage I'm now inclined to believe that it won't connect to the current Marvel toons and that it'll be its own thing. Which is fine, although it is "test footage" so the style may change a bit. I mean I'm pretty sure that they'll stick with the movie-style designs for the characters, I'm just talking about overall animation. It being it's own thing would be alright, though. If it's set mostly in space it might not have to connect anyway.

I don't think I totally remember what Trevor Devall sounded like as Rocket, but I remember liking him and since he did mention that he was doing something for Marvel I suspect it's this. I'd be fine with Nolan North being him since he does sound similar to Bradley Cooper. Not that I think that they have to have Rocket sound like that, but I'd be OK with it. Wasn't really that big on Seth Green. He's fine in brief cameo appearances, but I'd rather not have him on a whole series. Boy, I hope that it doesn't sound like I'm hating on the guy, I just wasn't to keen on his Rocket voice.

If it does it's before the events of the USM crossover as Starlord makes that comments about if he's gonna run with him, he'll have to, well whatever finished the sentence. It's probably one of many animated series that tie in with a movie, like Rebels ties in with the new Star Wars trilogy, Disney doing something like it for GotG isn't unlikely and the design changes hint it won't connect, but honestly I think the other shows will fade away by the time this USM probably cancelled at the end of this season and AA and S.M.A.S.H will probably suffer a similar fate, though AA might still be around, I think it has another season.

TylerMirage 10-12-2014 08:51 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 82490)
I honestly thought he was dark green most of the movie, he was in dark shots mostly and I guess I wasn't paying attention in his light shots. I think Gamora looks brighter than her movie version, and the eyes give a lizardish appearance so not a fan of this design compared to Saldana's.

I'll concede that it's difficult to get a read on his colour scheme in the movie, but yeah, it's that dull gray/blue/green shade.

Having a slightly different colour scheme or different eyes are very minor when compared to the fact that these are obviously very heavily based on their MCU counterparts.

virtual revenger 10-29-2014 12:54 PM

rocket raccoon enemies
 
I wonder if they will be in the new t.v show and who will voice them?

TylerMirage 10-30-2014 06:57 AM

Re: rocket raccoon enemies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by virtual revenger (Post 83713)
I wonder if they will be in the new t.v show and who will voice them?

Which TV show? The new Guardians of the Galaxy one?

SupremeTarantulas 02-25-2015 09:19 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Well now that we got a sneak peek of the new Guardians voices and designs, or at least some of them, I'm anxious to see this, assuming it will air alongside USM so they'll have a series to make it an one hour block. I'm thinking that as I said before it takes place before their debut in USM, and that we'll get stories taking place around the course of Seasn 2 of AA, since Thanos is in this.

TheLemsterPju 03-21-2015 05:32 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Preview images from the promotional comics.

WARNING: Long post

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ju-d8j0i20.png
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ju-d8jhed9.png
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ju-d8jhed6.png
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ju-d8j0i1o.png
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ju-d8jhecz.png
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ju-d8jhetq.png
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ju-d8j0i1b.png
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ju-d8j0i0y.png
http://orig06.deviantart.net/91b1/f/...ju-d8mgn8j.png
http://orig12.deviantart.net/c110/f/...ju-d8mgn89.png
http://orig03.deviantart.net/c40f/f/...ju-d8mgn7u.png
http://orig04.deviantart.net/2051/f/...ju-d8mgn7h.png
http://orig11.deviantart.net/a938/f/...ju-d8mgn6z.png
http://orig12.deviantart.net/1ff2/f/...ju-d8mgn62.png

TheLemsterPju 04-24-2015 08:56 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
You can watch all 5 origin shorts (each divided in 2 parts) on the MarvelKorea Youtube page. (In English no less.)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarvelKorea/videos

TylerMirage 04-24-2015 09:15 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
^Hopefully I can watch them after work today, before they inevitably get pulled (unless MarvelKorea is a legit thing).

That reminds me - I've been thinking for a while how I hope they'll start out the series. This seems like a good show to have each character (since it's a small team) get their own intro/origin episode. Like,

1.) "My Little Star-Lord" (Star-Lord)
2.) "Rocket Raccoon" (Star-Lord and Rocket)
3.) "The Most Dangerous Woman in the Universe" (Star-Lord, Rocket and Gamora)
4.) "The Destroyer" (Star-Lord, Rocket, Gamora and Drax)
5.) "I Am Groot" (Star-Lord, Rocket, Gamora, Drax and Groot)

That way they build the team-up for the first five episodes, but also give them their due to help us get to know them.
...
Unless they're just gonna' say "Here's the team, you've seen the movie, they're all together, now let's go!"

CatsTuxedo 04-24-2015 11:22 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Okay, I really want to know what studio is behind these shorts/this show, because unlike every other Marvel show that's come out recently, there's something actually resembling acting in the animation. Well, sure the style's still kinda bland and lanky, but this is a pretty decent step forward in making characters that actually feel like real people.

I wanted to guess MIR, but evidently it isn't them.

The Doctor 04-25-2015 02:35 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
The animation and character designs are so similar to AA that I personally think that it's still Marvel's in-house animators. They have simply gotten better/started to give a dam. Anyway, these do look rather promising. There wasn't that much juvenile humor, they didn't shy away from more dramatic stuff and characters seem to have personalities beyond "imature snarker." Althought, them lifting so much from the movie was pretty painful. Did we really need comically caricaturistic animated John C. Reilly?

CatsTuxedo 04-25-2015 07:28 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 92419)
The animation and character designs are so similar to AA that I personally think that it's still Marvel's in-house animators. They have simply gotten better/started to give a dam.

Nah, Galaxy's design is less blah than AA. Besides, after three shows straight of stiff, unappealing visuals, I have no reason to believe that whatever team they've been going with before could suddenly come out with something even a little above inoffensive. Having that said, I find it much more likely that they farmed this one out to a different studio.

The Doctor 04-26-2015 01:04 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CatsTuxedo (Post 92489)
Nah, Galaxy's design is less blah than AA. Besides, after three shows straight of stiff, unappealing visuals, I have no reason to believe that whatever team they've been going with before could suddenly come out with something even a little above inoffensive. Having that said, I find it much more likely that they farmed this one out to a different studio.

All the desings are ripped straight from the GotG movie, so I don't think that it really proves anything.

CatsTuxedo 04-26-2015 11:39 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 92508)
All the desings are ripped straight from the GotG movie, so I don't think that it really proves anything.

You'd be surprised at how much skill it takes to observe and study a live-action actor's likeness and personality and adapt it into an animated format. Case in point, the AA animators couldn't be bothered to make Stark look like Downey, Hawkeye like Renner, the Hulk like Ruffalo, etc etc. That's a pretty big deal when the show is meant to be a cash-in for the movies it's based on.

The fact that Galaxy's characters look even slightly like their movie counterparts shows that the animators here care a lot more about what they're doing than the others ever have.

The Doctor 04-26-2015 12:01 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CatsTuxedo (Post 92540)
You'd be surprised at how much skill it takes to observe and study a live-action actor's likeness and personality and adapt it into an animated format. Case in point, the AA animators couldn't be bothered to make Stark look like Downey, Hawkeye like Renner, the Hulk like Ruffalo, etc etc. That's a pretty big deal when the show is meant to be a cash-in for the movies it's based on.

The fact that Galaxy's characters look even slightly like their movie counterparts shows that the animators here care a lot more about what they're doing than the others ever have.

A lot of factors go into making cartoon character look like real-life person. Most of the time you have to get that person's permission to do so. So it's always possible that some of the actors didn't want their likeness to be used or it would have been too expensive.

CatsTuxedo 04-26-2015 12:58 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 92541)
A lot of factors go into making cartoon character look like real-life person. Most of the time you have to get that person's permission to do so. So it's always possible that some of the actors didn't want their likeness to be used or it would have been too expensive.

I've hardly heard of anything like that anywhere. Aside from Galaxy's design already putting a hole in that theory, cartoons have been caricaturizing and modeling characters after famous personalities for decades and nothing has ever stopped them from doing so unless there's a specific case or two that I can't think of. I'm much more inclined to believe that the case of AA stems more from sheer laziness/lack of artistic skill than any proposed mandate.

The Doctor 04-26-2015 01:10 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CatsTuxedo (Post 92544)
I've hardly heard of anything like that anywhere. Aside from Galaxy's design already putting a hole in that theory, cartoons have been caricaturizing and modeling characters after famous personalities for decades and nothing has ever stopped them from doing so unless there's a specific case or two that I can't think of. I'm much more inclined to believe that the case of AA stems more from sheer laziness/lack of artistic skill than any proposed mandate.

I'm not making it up. It's a real law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_rights

http://www.scottandscottllp.com/main...Be_Costly.aspx

http://www.spottsfain.com/publicatio...es-advertising

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/usin...keness-another

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...character.html

CatsTuxedo 04-26-2015 02:38 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Huh, well, you got me there.

Thing is why even bother basing the characters off of the movies when you're not even allowed to have them actually look like themselves? It'd be more convenient to come out with fresh new designs that actually reflect the personalities instead of obligingly taking out anything that makes the characters unique until only blandness is left.

The Doctor 04-27-2015 06:13 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Marvel seems to think that aping the movies is going to make these shows more successful, so even if they are not allowed to use actors likenesses, they make characters look vaguely like their movie counterparts.

Besides, why actually put some effort to your work when you can take the easy route and be lazy? :rolleyes:

TylerMirage 05-01-2015 02:18 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Was thinking about this the other day, and I really hope that this show can focus on some more space-themed villains, rather than relying on having to travel to Earth to face threats. I know that this will probably end up being similar to USM/AA/SMASH with regards to the constant crossover and appearances of characters across the multiple shows, but if they're going to do that, then at least showcase the more space-centric characters.

I mean, they've got plenty of already-established space characters in the existing shows to choose from, many of which have already been seen in GOTG episodes. Galactus, The Collector, Super Skrull, Korvac, Titus... not to mention the obvious choices of Thanos, Ronan (and depending on how much they want to ape the MCU, Nebula, The Other, Howard the Duck, Nova Corps, the Chitauri). Heck, go crazy and throw in Ego, Annihilus, Mojo, The Inhumans, Terrax, Silver Surfer, Uatu the Watcher and even some episodes to do with Asgard/Thor. I wouldn't mind that.

Right there, that's enough characters to get them through most of the first season, on top of new characters and stories to introduce.! :laughing: I just don't want them to be throwing the likes of Spider-Man or Iron Man in our face by, like, the fourth episode (*cough*AgentsofSMASH*cough*). Limit the Earth-based characters, or at least have a legitimate reason as to why they'd crossover.

SupremeTarantulas 05-01-2015 04:18 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerMirage (Post 92889)
Was thinking about this the other day, and I really hope that this show can focus on some more space-themed villains, rather than relying on having to travel to Earth to face threats. I know that this will probably end up being similar to USM/AA/SMASH with regards to the constant crossover and appearances of characters across the multiple shows, but if they're going to do that, then at least showcase the more space-centric characters.

I mean, they've got plenty of already-established space characters in the existing shows to choose from, many of which have already been seen in GOTG episodes. Galactus, The Collector, Super Skrull, Korvac, Titus... not to mention the obvious choices of Thanos, Ronan (and depending on how much they want to ape the MCU, Nebula, The Other, Howard the Duck, Nova Corps, the Chitauri). Heck, go crazy and throw in Ego, Annihilus, Mojo, The Inhumans, Terrax, Silver Surfer, Uatu the Watcher and even some episodes to do with Asgard/Thor. I wouldn't mind that.

Right there, that's enough characters to get them through most of the first season, on top of new characters and stories to introduce.! :laughing: I just don't want them to be throwing the likes of Spider-Man or Iron Man in our face by, like, the fourth episode (*cough*AgentsofSMASH*cough*). Limit the Earth-based characters, or at least have a legitimate reason as to why they'd crossover.

I want this to introduce all the characters that are in the team in the comics, as guest stars, or maybe added to the roster, as main or recurring members, the only other one we have is Nova right now, then go into the origins of the members and early days of the team, which it looks like it's doing already, and Thanos is a stated villain, which means Isaac can habe more practice as Thanos, making him even better :)

TheLemsterPju 05-01-2015 05:19 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Details on the removed GotG shorts I've seen.

* Korath the Pursuer, Nebula, the Sakaarans, Ronan, the Nova Corps, Thanos and Yondu appeared.
* Cree Summer, undeniably, voices Nebula.
* The voice of Ronan sounds a lot like Jonathan Adams.
* James C. Mathis III as Korath?
* Thanos doesn't speak.

TheLemsterPju 05-01-2015 05:21 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
The Nova Corps.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/4024766e...vukeo1_540.png

SupremeTarantulas 05-01-2015 06:27 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju (Post 92898)

WOOOOHOOOOO TITUS :bouncy:

Assuming they'll do what EMH did and put air these shorts as combined eps, or just as promos or what not, and then they'll end up all over place once this series premieres. Anyway, more of what I want is Agent Venom guest starring, being a member and all, and maybe Nova, since he is a member as well, just on Earth right now. Depending on if this apes the MCU, and they go with someone else as Jason's father, Jason Of Spartax would be a cool antagonist, using the arc from the comics. Maybe some Badoon can be introduced, and the stories from the comics adapted.

Polyester Funk 05-01-2015 11:32 PM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
There should be plenty of space-based characters to use. Pull some out of obscurity why don't ya and hopefully make them interesting. Sweet that we are getting Titus. I just find the tiger guy looks cool. Who shouldn't like a humanoid tiger that worked for an intergalactic police force and then turns evil cool? I don't mind Earth characters showing up or being on Earth some of the time, but I completely agree that they should not just throw in Spider-Man or Iron Man just cuz they are big, popular characters.

SupremeTarantulas 05-02-2015 11:33 AM

Re: New Guardians of the Galaxy series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Polyester Funk (Post 92920)
There should be plenty of space-based characters to use. Pull some out of obscurity why don't ya and hopefully make them interesting. Sweet that we are getting Titus. I just find the tiger guy looks cool. Who shouldn't like a humanoid tiger that worked for an intergalactic police force and then turns evil cool? I don't mind Earth characters showing up or being on Earth some of the time, but I completely agree that they should not just throw in Spider-Man or Iron Man just cuz they are big, popular characters.

In Iron Man's case he's been a member so while I'm not against him being thrown in for that reason, I don't want him, Cap, or the Avengers just thrown in for the heck of it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.