Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon coming to Toonami (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11965)

Polyester Funk 02-03-2014 01:13 AM

Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon coming to Toonami

Are they any good? I'm not the biggest anime watcher, but there's stuff I've quite enjoyed, so I lid like to know if these series are worth watching.

Jackson_H 02-03-2014 02:22 PM

Re: Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon coming to Toonami

They're both enjoyable series.

If you like Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece (or other shonen anime) you'll like Blue Exorcist.

I would suggest any potential fans to take advantage of the Toonami broadcast if you're not crazy about paying for Aniplex USA's expensive prices for their DVDs and Blu-rays. Blue Exorcist is also on Viz Media' Neon Alley network (monthly subscription) but some titles don't have a "catch up" feature so you'd be stuck waiting for a rerun to stream at specific times...

Black Lagoon is for a more older audience. Expect lots of violence, some comedy and swearing. Because it's a broadcast all swearing will most likely be censored (bleeped) but the DVDs/Blu-rays and Funimation.com streams are uncensored (nobody needs to start complaining that "they ruined my ANIMU!")

If you like anime like Hellsing Ultimate, Jormungand or Trigun you would probably enjoy Black Lagoon.

Alchan the Green 02-03-2014 03:21 PM

If you don't mind violence, swearing, and the like I would vouch for "Black Lagoon"--that show is so entertaining, to a greater extent than you might expect given its ultraviolent tone and grim subject matter.

I can't comment on "Blue Exorcist," but from what I've seen it appears to be a pretty generic action series, so if you like that sort of thing you might want to check it out too :)

Heartfilia Mage 721 02-03-2014 08:52 PM

I have only watched one episode of Black Lagoon but I know that both shows will keep you entertained and there won't be a boring moment.

Polyester Funk 02-04-2014 12:43 AM

Thanks for the replies everybody. I do like Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho so I think I'll give Blue Exorcist a try. Can't say I'm a huge fan of big violence and language, but Black Lagoon will certainly be edited. And it is animated violence which is(to me) not as harsh as live action violence. Don't mean to sound prudish here, I think I'll watch it and give it a try, I'm just talking about personal taste.

BloodInga 02-04-2014 06:42 AM

Toonami is seriously going to air Black Lagoon? Isn't Toonami for kids and teens (haven't watched Toonami since Naruto first aired so it's been quite a few years)? Black Lagoon is rated for Mature Audiences. so if they really are then the series is going to pretty much be completely edited and censored, it won't be worth watching then.

I could see Black Lagoon being aired on Adult Swim rather than Toonami unless Toonami isn't airing it until like midnight. which I think they have done with a couple series a long time ago.

BloodInga 02-04-2014 07:13 AM

Toonami is seriously going to air Black Lagoon? Isn't Toonami for kids and teens (haven't watched Toonami since Naruto first aired so it's been quite a few years)? Black Lagoon is rated for Mature Audiences. so if they really are then the series is going to pretty much be completely edited and censored, it won't be worth watching then.

I could see Black Lagoon being aired on Adult Swim rather than Toonami unless Toonami isn't airing it until like midnight. which I think they have done with a couple series a long time ago.

PsychicVoiceSpy 02-04-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodInga (Post 68848)

I heard that Black Lagoon isn't coming on until one or one-thirty in the morning. And like Jackson_H said, they'll probably have to edit the more extreme language.

Autovolt 02-04-2014 01:14 PM

I think its great these two shows will get more exposure airing on tv.

Demon 02-06-2014 01:07 AM

Black Lagoon's coming to Toonami? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAY!!!!!!!