Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dream Casts (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Marvel/DC Dream Casts (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3038)

HyperVoiceActing 05-06-2017 06:34 PM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Troodon2 (Post 126910)
You mean, Robbie Daymond?

Right. Sorry ^^'

HyperVoiceActing 05-06-2017 08:52 PM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
Deadpool: The Game recasting

Deadpool/Wade Wilson - Eric Bauza
- Smarty Wade (the white thought boxes) - Nolan North
- Crazy Wade (the yellow thought boxes) - John Kassir
Cable/Nathan Summers - Michael Ironside
Domino/Neena Thurman - Cricket Leigh
Wolverine/James Howlett - Clancy Brown
Rogue/Anna Marie - Elizabeth Daly
Death - Claudia Black

Mr Sinister/Nathaniel Essex - Gregg Berger

huzaifa_ahmed 05-06-2017 09:15 PM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperVoiceActing (Post 126925)
Deadpool: The Game recasting

Deadpool/Wade Wilson - Eric Bauza
- Smarty Wade (the white thought boxes) - Nolan North
- Crazy Wade (the yellow thought boxes) - John Kassir
Cable/Nathan Summers - Michael Ironside
Domino/Neena Thurman - Cricket Leigh
Wolverine/James Howlett - Clancy Brown
Rogue/Anna Marie - Elizabeth Daly
Death - Claudia Black

Mr Sinister/Nathaniel Essex - Gregg Berger

Whole thing with Eric/Nolan/John is just great. Rogue & Death are perfect as well. Although I'm not sure what voice Gregg would use for Sinister.

& I've noticed you really like the idea of Clancy as Wolverine. However I think he would sound much too beastly & monstrous as Logan; probably better as Sabretooth if anything.

Lion's Edge 05-07-2017 05:30 AM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
On the topic off Mister Sinister, I used to always struggle with casting him. It didn't help there was not a single VA I could definitively call my favourite; Clancy was closest to the Sinister I imagined but also too distinctly Clancy, Steve had the right sort of voice but lacked the edge, and Keith... he honestly sounded far too pompous for me. Too much emphasis on "Victorian gentleman in flamboyant garbs", not enough of the "complete monster that even Nazi scientist were TERRIFIED of".

Then Final Fantasy XV came along.

More specifically, Darin de Paul came along. His Ardyn then became my definitive Mister Sinister. There is a touch of flamboyancy and charm, a little bit of oiliness you'd expect from a manipulator, the tone is just right for me, and when he gets malevolent he can get TERRIFYING. So, my ideal casting for Mister Sinister atm is Darin de Paul, to make a long story of rambling short.

I will say, though, that E. G. Daily is a PERFECT idea for Rogue; I absolutely love that pitch!

Autovolt 05-07-2017 05:46 AM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion's Edge (Post 126934)
On the topic off Mister Sinister, I used to always struggle with casting him. It didn't help there was not a single VA I could definitively call my favourite; Clancy was closest to the Sinister I imagined but also too distinctly Clancy, Steve had the right sort of voice but lacked the edge, and Keith... he honestly sounded far too pompous for me. Too much emphasis on "Victorian gentleman in flamboyant garbs", not enough of the "complete monster that even Nazi scientist were TERRIFIED of".

Then Final Fantasy XV came along.

More specifically, Darin de Paul came along. His Ardyn then became my definitive Mister Sinister. There is a touch of flamboyancy and charm, a little bit of oiliness you'd expect from a manipulator, the tone is just right for me, and when he gets malevolent he can get TERRIFYING. So, my ideal casting for Mister Sinister atm is Darin de Paul, to make a long story of rambling short.

I will say, though, that E. G. Daily is a PERFECT idea for Rogue; I absolutely love that pitch!

OK I just sampled some of Ardyn's voice and ****, that's would be perfect for Sinister.

I approve. :thumbsup:

Lion's Edge 05-07-2017 05:54 AM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt (Post 126935)
OK I just sampled some of Ardyn's voice and ****, that's would be perfect for Sinister.

I approve. :thumbsup:

Many thanks, buddy! :D

Troodon2 05-07-2017 08:51 AM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
An alternate cast for the 1966 Batman series, in Return of the Caped Crusaders.

Bruce Wanye/Batman - Jeff Bennett
Dick Grayson/Robin - Trevor DeVall
Joker - Jim Meskiman
Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin - Bob Joles
Edward Nygma/Riddler - Dee Bradley Baker
Selina Kyle/Catwoman - Susane Blakeslee
Jim Gordon - Frank Welker
Alfred Pennyworth - David Shaughnessey
Chief O'Hara - Michael Gough
Aunt Harriet - Laraine Newman
Miranda Moore - Tiya Sircar

HyperVoiceActing 05-07-2017 10:02 AM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by huzaifa_ahmed (Post 126926)
Whole thing with Eric/Nolan/John is just great. Rogue & Death are perfect as well. Although I'm not sure what voice Gregg would use for Sinister.

Glad you liked those three choices. As for Gregg, I think maybe taking elements from his Kingpin and Jecht and combining them could have for an interesting Sinister.

Quote:

Originally Posted by huzaifa_ahmed (Post 126926)
& I've noticed you really like the idea of Clancy as Wolverine. However I think he would sound much too beastly & monstrous as Logan; probably better as Sabretooth if anything.

Unless he goes really overboard with the growly raging beast aspects of the character, I don't really see why he's an inherently bad choice. I'd say something along the lines of his usual voice with just a slight growl in his voice is perfectly fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion's Edge (Post 126934)
I will say, though, that E. G. Daily is a PERFECT idea for Rogue; I absolutely love that pitch!

Glad you enjoyed it. I rather like it too. I should show you my entire X-Men list sometime

huzaifa_ahmed 05-07-2017 11:16 AM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
That's just an awesome idea. Good call.

As an offshoot of that, I think Troy Baker or DC Douglas would also be awesome.

HyperVoiceActing 05-07-2017 11:24 AM

Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by huzaifa_ahmed (Post 126944)
That's just an awesome idea. Good call.

As an offshoot of that, I think Troy Baker or DC Douglas would also be awesome.

Was that in response to my going into detail about Gregg, or Lion's Edge's choice?

Also between the two, I'd say DC since I wouldn't mind seeing more of him in comic stuff


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.