Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Sonic Boom (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14018)

Gaddes 11-21-2014 12:18 AM

Sonic Boom

So, I've seen several people on the site offer some opinions on the show, but figured that an official thread would help keep things localized. So, thoughts thus far?

The first episode was pretty weak honestly, but the show has gotten better as it goes on week by week. If I had one complaint about the show, it's Sticks with out question. She just kinda pops up in episode 2 with out any introduction. Her scatter shot and manic personality take some getting use too. Mike Pollack as Eggman steals the show though. He's amazing as always.

Metabad 11-21-2014 08:11 AM

Re: Sonic Boom

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm definitely curious about it. If it ever gets added to Netflix, maybe I'll give it a watch.

Torak 11-21-2014 01:28 PM

I still stand by that this is the funniest Sonic TV show I've ever seen with some occasionally great writing at some points. Episode 3 was easily the best for me, I've said once that the episodes are a little short and I wish we could have more screen time to perhaps open up room for more development. I think if they did that it would be an even better show: possibly greater than Sonic SatAM ^_^ At least for a comedy ;-)

VctrBnsn 11-22-2014 07:35 AM

I really enjoyed it. The writing at times is very great, and it got me laughing several times. The voice work is really good, with Mike Pollock as Eggman having the best performance of the group. He kind if reminds me of Ice King in this series; his dynamic with the main cast is very similar. And I actually like Sticks, hyper active paranoid characters I usually enjoy (my favorite being Skidmark from Turbo FAST) but I understand that these kinds of characters are very hard to get right. Knuckles is a bit of a problem for me though, not his design which I never had a problem with, it's just that he doesn't really have much to do in the episodes he's been in so far. Perhaps that will change.

scottdevine48 11-22-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VctrBnsn (Post 84785)
I really enjoyed it. The writing at times is very great, and it got me laughing several times. The voice work is really good, with Mike Pollock as Eggman having the best performance of the group. He kind if reminds me of Ice King in this series; his dynamic with the main cast is very similar. And I actually like Sticks, hyper active paranoid characters I usually enjoy (my favorite being Skidmark from Turbo FAST) but I understand that these kinds of characters are very hard to get right. Knuckles is a bit of a problem for me though, not his design which I never had a problem with, it's just that he doesn't really have much to do in the episodes he's been in so far. Perhaps that will change.

Let's hope Johnny Bosch and Kari Wahlgren will join the Sonic Boom cast as guest stars as Sonic's cousins, orange male hedgehog who will be a rockstar and light red female hedgehog who will be a rockstar too.

Nightmare Crusher 11-22-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottdevine48 (Post 84786)
Let's hope Johnny Bosch and Kari Wahlgren will join the Sonic Boom cast as guest stars as Sonic's cousins, orange male hedgehog who will be a rockstar and light red female hedgehog who will be a rockstar too.

And now you're just ripping off Sonic Underground.