Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tales of Arise (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27368)

Frontier 03-06-2021 11:04 AM

Tales of Arise
 
The first English Dub trailer for Tales of Arise, the latest Tales game, was just released.

The leads sound like Ray Chase and Erica Lindbeck, but I don't think they'd reuse them after having them voice main characters in Berseria.

Narrator is definitely Patrick Seitz.

SNaG 03-06-2021 11:39 AM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 174888)

The leads sound like Ray Chase and Erica Lindbeck, but I don't think they'd reuse them after having them voice main characters in Berseria.

Well that hasn't really stopped them before, so why now?

Looking forward to this one. Berseria was one of the best Tales games since Graces, so hope this continues this trend. VO sounds good in this trailer so I hope that's true for the game.

Frontier 03-06-2021 11:54 AM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNaG (Post 174889)
Well that hasn't really stopped them before, so why now?

Looking forward to this one. Berseria was one of the best Tales games since Graces, so hope this continues this trend. VO sounds good in this trailer so I hope that's true for the game.

I feel like I read an interview with Wendee Lee where she talked about shopping around conventions for new VA's for Tales games so they didn't have to reuse any voices, which is how some Texas VA's end up in the games.

I think Yuri Lowenthal was told he couldn't audition for Yuri Lowell in Vesperia because he'd already been the lead in Abyss. I guess sometimes concessions are made for VA's who just voiced supporting roles/party members or antagonists, or were just in spinoffs or anime's. Or sometimes one VA can just end up fitting in several different roles in the same franchise.

I severely underestimated how much Johnny has been in Tales. And bringing up Dawn of the New World where Laura Bailey has also played three other Tales characters (that I can remember).

SNaG 03-06-2021 12:31 PM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
Haha yeah. I guess the policy that prevented Yuri^2 is reserved for leads. Wendee is typically good about injecting atypical talent in the Tales games. Ian Sinclair and J Michael Tatum, for instance, turned in good performances in Zestiria/Berseria and Xillia 2 and made those dubs feel a bit more distinct. So here's hoping!

pamira 03-06-2021 04:57 PM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
I was watching the trailer and this new delivery of the game looks very promising. I hope these new dubbing actors do a good job as well as those of previous versions. Regards!

BlueHeracross 03-06-2021 05:13 PM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
I like Ray and Erica a lot, but it'd be disappointing for me if these are the final picks for the main characters. It's been four years, there's plenty of voice actors who haven't been in a Tales game to choose from.

Frontier 03-06-2021 07:04 PM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHeracross (Post 174910)
I like Ray and Erica a lot, but it'd be disappointing for me if these are the final picks for the main characters. It's been four years, there's plenty of voice actors who haven't been in a Tales game to choose from.

I was just thinking to myself that I'm kind of amazed Cherami Leigh and Laura Post have never been in a Tales game (as far as I can recall).

But, yeah, I feel like Ray and Erica are really reliable picks for the leads to carry the game but I feel like there's also enough available VA's in the talent pool who haven't been in a Tales game who they could've used.

BlueHeracross 04-21-2021 08:40 AM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ul6DMPIfTA

New trailer, game looks like it could be good.

I'm still thinking it's Ray and Erica as the leads and then Christine and Bryce as the new party members. Gotta echo my disappointment from last month about the lack of 'newness' in the casting, but at least everyone is in capable hands.

Frontier 04-21-2021 12:41 PM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHeracross (Post 176594)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ul6DMPIfTA

New trailer, game looks like it could be good.

I'm still thinking it's Ray and Erica as the leads and then Christine and Bryce as the new party members. Gotta echo my disappointment from last month about the lack of 'newness' in the casting, but at least everyone is in capable hands.

I just find it hilarious they brought Bryce back. Next you'll be telling me the last two Party Members are Robbie Daymond and Cristina Vee.

(Also on the Japanese side, it took them this long to get Yoshitsugu Matsuoka in a Tales game?).

Mikel 08-09-2021 12:29 AM

Re: Tales of Arise
 
A new trailer has arisen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aZTPyWIa58

Come to think of it, with the recent trend of former non-union productions going union (such as Persona, Catherine, SAO, etc.), I wonder if Bamco will actually follow suit this time and make this the first Tales dub since Symphonia to be union given the game's high budget, as well as it being in response to the backlash to them not getting Troy back for Yuri in the Vesperia remaster (hopefully like Scarlet Nexus, the English dub cast will be credited this time regardless if its union or non-union).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.