Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dream Casts (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2658)

Marusero 07-29-2016 07:02 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117413)
Oh yeah. It's kinda weird having Jason in a FUNimation dub.

Thanks, man. I just thought that voice sounded similar to David's. You know, that was actually dubbed at NYAV Post. If Jason was to return as Sonic, I think he should pretty much sound smooth and natural like in Black Knight, and improve upon it. As for the voice itself, I wouldn't mind if he reverts back to the Unleashed voice.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117415)
Thanks, man. I just thought that voice sounded similar to David's. You know, that was actually dubbed at NYAV Post. If Jason was to return as Sonic, I think he should pretty much sound smooth and natural like in Black Knight, and improve upon it. As for the voice itself, I wouldn't mind if he reverts back to the Unleashed voice.

Black Knight definitely was Jason's best performance, as well as one of the best Sonic performances we've had. I dunno who the voice director was for that game, but they need to return, imo.

Marusero 07-29-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117416)
Black Knight definitely was Jason's best performance, as well as one of the best Sonic performances we've had. I dunno who the voice director was for that game, but they need to return, imo.

Yeah, it'd be interesting. BTW, who'd be your L.A.-based picks for Tails, Knuckles and Amy?

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117417)
Yeah, it'd be interesting. BTW, who'd be your L.A.-based picks for Tails, Knuckles and Amy?

Tails- Erica Mendez
Knuckles- David Vincent
Amy- Wendee Lee

Marusero 07-29-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117418)
Tails- Erica Mendez
Knuckles- David Vincent
Amy- Wendee Lee

Not bad, buddy.

For Tails, I think I'd most likely go with Mona Marshall, since she's a natural at voicing young boys. For Knuckles, IDK, I'll have to think about it. For Amy, same thing.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117419)
Not bad, buddy.

For Tails, I think I'd most likely go with Mona Marshall, since she's a natural at voicing young boys. For Knuckles, IDK, I'll have to think about it. For Amy, same thing.

I gotta admit, my Tails and Knuckles weren't that well thought out. Lol.
I'm not as familiar with LA actors as Dallas ones. But I know that Wendee Lee would make a **** good Amy.

Lion's Edge 07-29-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117420)
I gotta admit, my Tails and Knuckles weren't that well thought out. Lol.
I'm not as familiar with LA actors as Dallas ones. But I know that Wendee Lee would make a **** good Amy.

I'd recommend, if you're looking for LA voice talent, someone like Patrick Seitz or Matthew Mercer could work for Knux. Alternatively, someone like Kaiji Tang could quite possibly work also, I think.

Seitz is my top pick; largely as his gruff, deep voice reminds me of Dan Green's to an extent (similarly to Travis), but there's enough slight differences that he'd be able to really make it more his own. Plus, he's got the right sorta gruff attitude AND comedic timing, Ragna the Bloodedge in particular stands out to me as an exemplar for this, to capture the character.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion's Edge (Post 117422)
I'd recommend, if you're looking for LA voice talent, someone like Patrick Seitz or Matthew Mercer could work for Knux. Alternatively, someone like Kaiji Tang could quite possibly work also, I think.

Seitz is my top pick; largely as his gruff, deep voice reminds me of Dan Green's to an extent (similarly to Travis), but there's enough slight differences that he'd be able to really make it more his own. Plus, he's got the right sorta gruff attitude AND comedic timing, Ragna the Bloodedge in particular stands out to me as an exemplar for this, to capture the character.

Hmmm. I haven't heard to much of Seitz outside of Lyric in Sonic Boom and Franky from One Piece. But he seems like he could work. Who do you think could work for a Scott Dreier type of LA Knuckles?

Marusero 07-29-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Patrick is one of my picks, actually. Granted, I haven't heard a lot from him, but I think this voice of his could work: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...on/Silverbolt/

Marusero 07-29-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Patrick is one of my picks for Knuckles, actually. Granted, I haven't heard a lot from him, but I think this voice of his could work: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...on/Silverbolt/